Author Topic: The new Tokyo Marui ECM series  (Read 1801 times)

Offline southpaw

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
The new Tokyo Marui ECM series
« on: August 08, 2006, 05:35:42 PM »
RECAP: for those of you who don't already know. tokyo marui a few months ago unveiled prototypes for a new series of electric guns based on the technology found in the MP7. they were revealed at the SHIZUOKA HOBBY SHOW in may. because they aren't quite AEGs or AEPs, they've dubbed them the new title of ECM (electric compact machinegun). They had prototypes on display of a MAC-10, a Scorpion, and a Steyr TMP.

so ya, i think we can all agree that the AEPs were a good idea but a bad concept. trying to create a handgun-sized AEG simply isn't possible.
the MP7 was obviously an attempt to fill the gap between AEP and AEG. one that didn't go too badly.
The MP7 isn't exactly worthy of combat, but its showed us that there is a fair bit of potential in the new technology. given that it's still in it's infancy.

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING NEW? have any release dates been announced? any update on improvements over the MP7s design?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by southpaw »
"aim low, hit hard."

Offline Kurn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: The new Tokyo Marui ECM series
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 08:37:24 PM »
Quote from: "southpaw"
so ya, i think we can all agree that the AEPs were a good idea but a bad concept. trying to create a handgun-sized AEG simply isn't possible.

Although I haven't had the chance to use one of the AEPs myself (other then a MP-7), I have heard good things about them.  Why do you not like them?

The MP7 isn't exactly worthy of combat

What makes you say this?  To me, it seems perfect for use in CQB environments, or as a backup weapon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kurn »
Not dead yet.

Offline southpaw

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 09:56:22 PM »
i don't like AEPs because their ROF is no more than 10 rounds per second

the MP7, while still being called a AEP right now. will actually fall under the ECM category once they release the rest of them. its being called an AEP because it uses a 7.2 volt battery. but so will the other ECMs.
and ya, the MP7 isn't exactly combat worthy because it lacks the FPS to really take advantage of its barrel length, the ROF is still shy of making it a high level threat in CQB.
but none the less it is a giant leap forward in airsoft because it has set the stage for electric SMGs to replace the the gas ones which lack in clip capacity and have a higher chance of breaking.
"aim low, hit hard."

Offline B00MINATOR

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 10:51:36 PM »
Deaming the MP7 unworthy in combat was a bit bold of you in my opinion. Personally, I rather like th MP7 and I have heard many good things about them.
I believe Nil8r (sp?) has one and he says he loves it.
I know others who own one and they find it effective in close quarters and as a backup.
Not to mention the MP7 would be a sniper's best friend if someone tried to flank 'em :twisted:

I would like to see a gas version put into production. This weapon has quite the potential.

This is unrelating to the topic, but I came across the most genious saying in a fortune cookie.
"Education is far cheaper than the price of ignorance."
^Officially my sig now^

-B00M!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 10:53:44 PM by B00MINATOR »
Quote from: \"Winston Churchill\"
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Offline alex

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 10:51:46 PM »
I'm going to have to disagree with you (southpaw) wholeheartedly on the skirmishability of AEP's. I have owned both a G18c AEP and currently own an MP7 AEP and both perform brilliantly in close quarters battle and as sidearms. Personally, if you need to rely on an extra 80 or so FPS to hit your target before they hit you, or on having 3-4 more bb's in the air per second, you might just need some more practice...but thats just me  ;) .
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by alex »

Offline southpaw

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 01:10:16 AM »
hey bro. ANY GUN that isnt a springer is going to be pretty effective in a CQB environment. but AEPs simply don't have the battery capacity, reliability, or upgradability that your every day AEG does.

fact is that the MP7 is almost entirely barren when it comes to upgrade potential. the parts simply arent out there yet. and when they are theyll be a bitch to pay for.
it's a well built gun but for the same price you could just get a MP5K. then u have a gun that can be easily upgraded. is more sturdy than most. you can share mags with a good number of your teammates, and parts are a lot cheaper.
even when it comes to CQB though, if you compare the MP7 side by side with a MP5K, a P90, or any other compact/low profile gun, it siply wont stack up.

and bro, before you talk trash about my skills on the field, try playing me first. i think you'll find im not half bad (to say the least)
"aim low, hit hard."

Offline chainsaw

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 01:11:12 AM »
hey bro. ANY GUN that isnt a springer is going to be pretty effective in a CQB environment. but AEPs simply don't have the battery capacity, reliability, or upgradability that your every day AEG does.

fact is that the MP7 is almost entirely barren when it comes to upgrade potential. the parts simply arent out there yet. and when they are theyll be a bitch to pay for.
it's a well built gun but for the same price you could just get a MP5K. then u have a gun that can be easily upgraded. is more sturdy than most. you can share mags with a good number of your teammates, and parts are a lot cheaper.
even when it comes to CQB though, if you compare the MP7 side by side with a MP5K, a P90, or any other compact/low profile gun, it siply wont stack up.

and bro, before you talk trash about my skills on the field, try playing me first. i think you'll find im not half bad (to say the least)

Wow you know nothing an m14 good with its barell length a gas sniper rifle (hey its not a springer it must be good!) dude just shut up and its kinda hard to play somebody on the feild when your never there  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 01:16:30 AM by chainsaw »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 01:13:18 AM »
There's MP7 upgrade parts available. It's not Ron who has one, it's Jeremiah.

It's nice, and it works fine.

Panzer has a fully upgraded Glock 18C AEP and it's exceptional.

This thread is peaking my bullshit meter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline southpaw

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 01:15:50 AM »
hey, why not? who isn't gunna be a lil hesitant to rush you when they know youre packing a 500fps sniper rifle? (well, other than me, but im a headcase)
"aim low, hit hard."

Offline chainsaw

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 01:17:30 AM »
hey, why not? who isn't gunna be a lil hesitant to rush you when they know youre packing a 500fps sniper rifle? (well, other than me, but im a headcase)

I wouldnt be, they cant shoot you within 50 feet  :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by chainsaw »

Offline southpaw

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 01:19:01 AM »
really... MP7 upgrades... huh... well maybe i'm wrong then. i'd think they'd be fairly limitted though. but you've peaked my interest, im gonna see what they have available...
"aim low, hit hard."

Offline southpaw

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 01:21:29 AM »
Quote from: "chainsaw"

I wouldnt be, they cant shoot you within 50 feet  :P

hey, if i corner sumone and all they have is a sniper to fight with. im not gonna bitch at em for shooting me with it. hell id probly do the same thing. but then again im not a sniper.
"aim low, hit hard."

Offline southpaw

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 01:26:03 AM »
yep just checked bro, you're right, laylax seems to have the mp7 covered all around.

i still think i'd go with a mp5k though, just because magazines would be easier and cheaper to get and less of a bitch to lose. but to each their own right?
"aim low, hit hard."

Offline southpaw

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 01:27:35 AM »
but back to the subject, do any of you have anything new you've heard on the tmp, m10, or scorpion?
"aim low, hit hard."