Author Topic: CA SCAR-L Review by AEX  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Uchiha Itachi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: ...
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 07:58:39 PM »
Quote from: "dxh"
Meh, looks aggressive, which is good, but it also looks like ass, which is not good.  I guess I'm just too biased towards German weaponry.  Cars too...

The Germans wouldn't build a ugly piece like that. Fabrique Nationale made it which is a BELGIAN company..aka FN Hestal. Same as the P90 and 5-7.

I know some Germans that would be very insulted by that remark.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Uchiha Itachi »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 08:01:27 PM »
Quote from: "Uchiha Itachi"

Some very stupid Germans obviously -- he wasn't intimating that the SCAR is  a German weapon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Uchiha Itachi

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 08:05:14 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"

Some very stupid Germans obviously -- he wasn't intimating that the SCAR is  a German weapon.

Yea they can be kinda wierd. One removes his stock so he can line up the gun with his nose.

The way he put it made it sounds wierd to me. I gotta stop learning other languages for awhile.

my apologies dxh, i obviously need to pay attention more.

Offline Victor3

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 02:28:56 PM »
I picked one up last weekend. So far I like it although I haven't used it at a game yet. I will post up more info after I use it at a game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Victor3 »
"Victor3"
Airsoft AZ
Eat Hot Lead...uh...I mean Plastic!!

Offline dxh

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 10:22:55 PM »
The way he put it made it sounds wierd to me. I gotta stop learning other languages for awhile.

No worries.  I am curious though, which langauges are you learning in particular?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by dxh »
: [dxh] | saguaro.tango.6

Ez Dakit Euskaraz

Offline Uchiha Itachi

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 11:18:58 PM »
Quote from: "dxh"

No worries.  I am curious though, which langauges are you learning in particular?[/quote

Forgot I said that.

I've had to cut way back and just focus on one due to school. I have a class inwhich the teacher is trying to fail me. 95s turn into 75s...fun stuff. You know its gonna be bad when they don't look you in the eye.

I was learning German from Germans, not Americanized German. Russian, some Japanese and enough Spanish to know when im about to get into trouble. The Japanese was for swordsmanship...samurai style without the box type fighting.

Is there going to be a 7.62 mod for it?  That would be the only reason for me to get one. Im tired of this 5.56 stuff unless its a Tavor.

Offline jwflowersii

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 09:27:54 PM »
Anyone have any more information on this gun.  I'm really interested in picking one up, but the mini-battery is my only reservation.

Thanks for any information,
John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by jwflowersii »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 09:33:20 PM »
Quote from: "jwflowersii"
Anyone have any more information on this gun.  I'm really interested in picking one up, but the mini-battery is my only reservation.

Such as?

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 09:38:14 PM »
I want to know too. Power, ROF, MAH capacity.  Is the standard 8.4v all you would ever need or is a 9.6v something to look into.  Vince you have one right, what are your experiences with it so far?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2007, 09:42:39 PM »
Quote from: "-MAD- SARGE"
I want to know too. Power, ROF, MAH capacity.  Is the standard 8.4v all you would ever need or is a 9.6v something to look into.  Vince you have one right, what are your experiences with it so far?

No, I don't have one, that was a Chinese piece of shit and not mine. It was cool on the outside, and I guess not so bad on the inside, but not up to standards.

You should probably read the review that's the basis of this thread, Ryan, it's performance is noted in it. The battery really shouldn't be a huge issue, get two, one should do you for normal games, two for weekend OPs. Mini batteries really only get made with one type of cell (2/3 AA), so, the highest mAh battery you can find is it's 'MAH capacity'.

Offline jwflowersii

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2007, 10:08:07 PM »
Hey Vince,

I was hoping someone had fired one and tested one out.  It sounds great, but I'm still thinking about it.  Maybe tommorow.

Later,
John

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 10:08:56 PM »
Quote from: "jwflowersii"
Hey Vince,

I was hoping someone had fired one and tested one out.  It sounds great, but I'm still thinking about it.  Maybe tommorow.

Later,
John

Well, I have, but that doesn't really answer my question. :d

Offline JoJockAmo

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 12:03:21 AM »
Shoots like any other damm CA M15. ROF is pretty high, but Im starting to notice that with the CA guns, with the new motors they have. (or what ever is is there doing)

The gearbox internally has all the same upgraded parts as any of the newer CA M15s. The nozzle is longer though, and I didnt pay attention to the cylinder head, to see if it was longer also, like on AUGs.

Externally the gearbox is the same, except its missing the ring in the front where the mag catch would go through. Because it has its own ambi-catch, which is kinda part of the lower. I didnt want to mess with it, too many small parts. And the selector plate is huge.

Getting gearbox out is a pain. Good luck with getting the gearbox out for a first timer. Someone will be breaking something trying. Really recommend doing what needs to be done once. I had put in a PvPrts 110 spring, since everything else was pre-upgraded, a no need to be changed. Shooting 390s w/ .20s. Withthe  Mini 8.4v it seems to have the same ROF(im sure its a little lower)

Im tired i'll continue this later, any questions???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by JoJockAmo »

THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE! (and don\'t you forget it)

Offline jwflowersii

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 09:20:05 AM »
Thanks for the information JoJockAmo it helps alot.

As for Vince, I pretty much read all the reviews on AE and Red Wolf, but there always the intangibles not mentioned and I would rather rely on someone who I know for their thoughts.  I'm not really looking for anything in particular just whether or not the gun feels good, runs solid, and didn't have any issues.

Later,
John

Offline Victor3

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 02:07:10 PM »
John, I will have mine at the game Sat. You're more than welcome to check it out if you're going to be there. As a side note I did the mod that they mentioned in the AEX review for the battery change out...it works great.

Ed
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Victor3 »
"Victor3"
Airsoft AZ
Eat Hot Lead...uh...I mean Plastic!!