Author Topic: Mauraders Airsoft = SUCKS  (Read 22748 times)

Offline GUNFIGHTER6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2007, 01:26:36 PM »
Quote from: "Mooncruiser"
But I do admit I get a kick outta this BitchFest here though.  :D

Funny how if you agree with someone they are stating their opinion, and if you don't agree with them, then they are bitching.

Can't we all just get along.... :D  Hmmmmm, probably not for $3k per year!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by GUNFIGHTER6 »

1st Special Operations Rapid Deployment Company - Airsoft Team

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2007, 01:32:13 PM »
Naw, -just a fair description of this whole thread, IMHO.

Really, I don't give a rat's asshola about what Simpson does, or anything else for that matter.. I just play when and where I want, or do something else entirely.

Some of ya are getting mighty hot about this whole thing.. I like that! Makes for entertaining reading.

Love and Sunshine,
Chip
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mooncruiser »
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Panzer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2007, 12:27:45 AM »
You know $3K for membership for the ability to play at the “Islandâ€￾ sounds an awful lot like a pyramid scheme. Consider for instance a brief prepared by Debra A. Valentine General Counsel for the Federal Trade Commission. Exert listed below:

What is a Pyramid Scheme and What is Legitimate Marketing?
Pyramid schemes now come in so many forms that they may be difficult to recognize immediately. However, they all share one overriding characteristic. They promise consumers or investors large profits based primarily on recruiting others to join their program, not based on profits from any real investment or real sale of goods to the public. Some schemes may purport to sell a product, but they often simply use the product to hide their pyramid structure. There are two tell-tale signs that a product is simply being used to disguise a pyramid scheme: inventory loading and a lack of retail sales. Inventory loading occurs when a company's incentive program forces recruits to buy more products than they could ever sell, often at inflated prices. If this occurs throughout the company's distribution system, the people at the top of the pyramid reap substantial profits, even though little or no product moves to market. The people at the bottom make excessive payments for inventory that simply accumulates in their basements. A lack of retail sales is also a red flag that a pyramid exists. Many pyramid schemes will claim that their product is selling like hot cakes. However, on closer examination, the sales occur only between people inside the pyramid structure or to new recruits joining the structure, not to consumers out in the general public.

While members are not being promised profits they are having the “abilityâ€￾ to play  on the island if they participate in inventory loading($3K membership fee) while the people at the top reap substantial profit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Panzer »
Panzer

\"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.\"

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2007, 01:28:47 PM »
Quote from: "Panzer"
You know $3K for membership for the ability to play at the “Islandâ€￾ sounds an awful lot like a pyramid scheme. Consider for instance a brief prepared by Debra A. Valentine General Counsel for the Federal Trade Commission. Exert listed below:

What is a Pyramid Scheme and What is Legitimate Marketing?
Pyramid schemes now come in so many forms that they may be difficult to recognize immediately. However, they all share one overriding characteristic. They promise consumers or investors large profits based primarily on recruiting others to join their program, not based on profits from any real investment or real sale of goods to the public. Some schemes may purport to sell a product, but they often simply use the product to hide their pyramid structure. There are two tell-tale signs that a product is simply being used to disguise a pyramid scheme: inventory loading and a lack of retail sales. Inventory loading occurs when a company's incentive program forces recruits to buy more products than they could ever sell, often at inflated prices. If this occurs throughout the company's distribution system, the people at the top of the pyramid reap substantial profits, even though little or no product moves to market. The people at the bottom make excessive payments for inventory that simply accumulates in their basements. A lack of retail sales is also a red flag that a pyramid exists. Many pyramid schemes will claim that their product is selling like hot cakes. However, on closer examination, the sales occur only between people inside the pyramid structure or to new recruits joining the structure, not to consumers out in the general public.

While members are not being promised profits they are having the “abilityâ€￾ to play  on the island if they participate in inventory loading($3K membership fee) while the people at the top reap substantial profit.

Interesting analysis.... very lawyerly actually.  

Although I think where the "Island" is going is more of a membership club - not unlike the Scottsdale Gun Club or even a Golf/Country Club.   My Country Club charges more than $3,000 to members who do not live in the surrounding area.  All that to hit a little white ball around.....

But interesting....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2007, 01:42:05 PM »
True however, you know something is wrong when it becomes like survivor... "I vote you off the Island so says the Simpson". Then you know for sure its a Pyramid Scheme.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline nosmo

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2007, 05:45:47 PM »
and how many minors do you see running around on the green?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by nosmo »

Offline Adam Wojo

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2007, 07:53:13 PM »
If it was to "fund a theme park"  disney land only requires 50 bucks a day...  $3000 a year is $250 a month saying that we will get an average 4 games per month (4 weeks in a month) that comes out to $62.50 (per game).... unless i am going to have as many hours a week that i want... disneyland is cheaper by $12.50... Disneyland's general day is 16 hours... an airsoft event is usually 5-7 hours..... so when you break it down and do the math.... this situation totally blows......   so does anyone want to go to disneyland?
:oops:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Adam Wojo »
Born to Liberal Parents, who call me a Black Hearted Republican!
Fully Armed T-Warrior
Check it out at billoreilly.com

Offline extremist

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2007, 11:32:00 AM »
for every body  under 13  JT is going to be building a new store and is going to have a cqb battle grounds  :D/  at what i heard at 19th ave and deer valey by 6 the airport but it will be a little while and i hope JT is not upset and said to be yp to 1;300 sq feet [smilie=armata_pdt_34.gif]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by extremist »
\'\'Snipers get more head"

Offline Nil8r

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2007, 12:24:09 PM »
It's closer to 1800 square feet, and not geared towards any age group specifically. It's just left over real estate from a location we're looking at purchasing, at the back of the property. It seemed like it might be fun to set up a small cqb area to mess around with instead of just letting it sit there unused. We'll post more when we know more.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Nil8r »

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
(No subject)
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2007, 02:10:32 PM »
Oh great, now all the little kids will be jammed inside a 1800sf building rather than outdoor field...

Good luck to JT for trying this, but sadly unless they have an 18+ only day/night I will pass.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by XavierMace »

Offline Twitchy Konigkeit

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/ahwatac
(No subject)
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2007, 03:03:10 PM »
well the cqb is kinda cool.  i mean i might have a bunch of  little kids, but at least they arn't paying 3K a year, and thinking they are part of an "elite" team or something. props to JT for trying it out, and using what they have instead of letting it go to waist.  If there is 18+ days or events that would be interesting too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Twitchy Konigkeit »

Offline Nil8r

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2007, 03:11:30 PM »
Of course there will be 18+ only days. Not all airsoft players like to babysit. ;)  

You do need to realize though that also means that there will have to be days when only 17 and under can play, it's only fair. As to which one happens more often, that'll be up to whichever group shows up the most, kids or adults.

And as always, we'll post more information when it's available. This is still just pure speculation at the moment, it's in the VERY early stages of planning, but if it does happen, it'll be this summer.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2007, 10:26:17 AM »
But has it progress any further then when it was mentioned, what a year ago?  I know the idea has been shooting around JT for a while now.

Offline Nil8r

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2007, 05:12:31 PM »
Yes, it's progressed further. And no, it hasn't been mentioned for a year, it's been more like three. We're now finally in a position that allows us to set it up in a way we think will be affordable for players, yet profitable for the company so we won't have to shut it down like other airsoft fields across the country.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2007, 06:31:12 PM »
By a year, I meant when it started to sound like more of a sure thing.