Author Topic: Mauraders Airsoft = SUCKS  (Read 22753 times)

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2007, 03:59:36 PM »
Airsoft is a sport/hobby. The most I've ever had to pay for a sport was fencing, and that has only been like $500 over the course of 5 years. You shouldnt have to pay some fee for the "privlage" to play. I can understand charging like $10 at the door for people to get in, hell even $20 wouldnt be that bad, then you can choose to go when you feel like it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Fat_Santa54 »

Offline RangerBob

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/c48/rikki185/?sc=4
(No subject)
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2007, 07:45:38 PM »
I agree a pay per play is a more consumer friendly method rather than a massive up front payment which to be sensible to the customer requires them to go daily or weekly, depending on the price.
But that's just me who has to take a week off work to make a drive to a game :O
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RangerBob »
A team kill is still a kill.....

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2007, 07:46:14 PM »
Quote from: "RangerBob"
who has to take a week off work to make a drive to a game :O

Or just leave when I'm just going to bed..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Str7k3r

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://ug-gamer.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2007, 10:09:31 PM »
Well. It's been awhile since I've posted on this forum, and needless to say, I was pretty surprised when I hopped on tonight to look at it. (After turning 16, getting my license and owning my own car [I bought half of it. And on that note, its a 97 Acura 2.2cl, so no, I didn't pay half of a brand new Mercedes. I paid half on a car that gets me from point A to B. Thats it], I figured I'd get back into airsoft)

As a younger player, I really liked the idea that Marauders had going. I could play there, and I was hoping to get sponsored by an AA member as soon as I turned 16 so I could play with them.  After reading through these 9 pages of forum replies, I'd really like to say WTF? I like airsofting a lot, I really do, but not so much that I'm willing to spend 3k on a year. I'd never make that much money working (with the average cost of gasoline at 3.00$ a gallon) and there's no way in hell my parents would even consider paying that for a hobby of mine. 3,000k is a heft amount of money. Somebody made the connection towards the beginning of this thread that people spend 3k on a computer, but they are unwilling to pay 3k for yet another hobby. Well someone also said a few posts back from mine, that the average airsoft game lasts 5-7 hours. Lets think about that logically. Thats usually 4 days a month that I'd be playing an airsoft game 5-7 hours. I play my computer at least an hour and a half a day, so times that by 30 and vwalla. I can justify the 2.2k I spent on my computer.

Now, also, being a young player, I realize that we suffer the majority of the criticism. Some of us are mature, while some of us are ignorant babies who do nothing but whining and complaining. I consider myself a part of the mature group, although some of you make think differently, and because of this I respect the rules and follow them. I can't even begin to contemplate why the other group of younger players even want to be part of something if they can't follow along.

I listen to my elders. I respect them and intend to make sure that i stay in their good graces.

This is why, I think, we should have some sort of 16-17 age team that other AA members and older vets can actually play with and not get angry with. I would definitely love to see some sort of junior AA team. We could keep it regulated and have all the AA members talk to each of the Junior AA members and actually communicate. Instead of just blaming the younger kids for all the problems (I'm not saying that you do, I'm just saying we usually do get most of the blame) we could actually talk about it, and fix the problem.

My .02 cents.

-Steven

-P.S. Mauraders, I suggest you think about your target audience like a lot of people have said. 3k is a lot of money, and I guarantee you, most kids, and hopefully their parents, will find it ridiculous!

-P.S.S. Don't overgeneralize north Scottsdalians. Not all of them are stuck up and not all of the parents are just ignorant. Some of them actually try to teach their kids to be happy with what they have.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Str7k3r »

Offline MRSTU

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2007, 06:48:26 PM »
Quote from: "XavierMace"
Oh great, now all the little kids will be jammed inside a 1800sf building rather than outdoor field...

Good luck to JT for trying this, but sadly unless they have an 18+ only day/night I will pass.

yes, but think of the murder fest
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MRSTU »

Offline RangerBob

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/c48/rikki185/?sc=4
(No subject)
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2007, 01:23:02 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"
Quote from: "RangerBob"
who has to take a week off work to make a drive to a game :O

Or just leave when I'm just going to bed..

/wrist
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RangerBob »
A team kill is still a kill.....

Offline azstang66

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2007, 09:35:32 PM »
You know, even if I do make a large salary when I finish college, I still won't pay a huge fee just to play airsoft at a special field. Plus, wouldn't you get bored after while playing the same 'Island'?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azstang66 »

Offline blmhawkeye

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Corporal
  • Soldier of the U.S. Army
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2007, 10:06:47 PM »
Quote from: "MRSTU"
Oh great, now all the little kids will be jammed inside a 1800sf building rather than outdoor field...

Good luck to JT for trying this, but sadly unless they have an 18+ only day/night I will pass.

yes, but think of the murder fest

He's got a good point, I'm sure it'd be a little exhilerating mowing down a bunch of younger teens.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by blmhawkeye »
Pv2 Atwood

Offline MRSTU

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2007, 05:27:39 PM »
blmhawkeye

that makes two of us

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
(No subject)
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2007, 06:25:27 PM »
MRSTU:

No, you fall into the group in question.

My main concern is that with JT closing stores and what not, they aren't going to devote the amount of resources (assuming they go through with it) it needs that makes it a GOOD place to play rather than a last choice if nothing else is happening sort of thing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by XavierMace »

Offline Native_Airsoft

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
MTT
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2007, 07:22:12 PM »
I think the pricing for MTT is ridiculous, but that's just me. I really do like it a lot thought.

Question: Do you have to by a annual pass to go in to games if you're not a memeber? I read some where that you need to pay $200 ro get in after you go throught the training. Is this true?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Native_Airsoft »

Offline MRSTU

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: MTT
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2007, 08:16:57 PM »
Quote from: "Native_Airsoft"
I think the pricing for MTT is ridiculous, but that's just me. I really do like it a lot thought.

Question: Do you have to by a annual pass to go in to games if you're not a memeber? I read some where that you need to pay $200 ro get in after you go throught the training. Is this true?

ya

Offline Ghostsequel

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2007, 10:46:31 PM »
My main concern is that with JT closing stores and what not, they aren't going to devote the amount of resources (assuming they go through with it) it needs that makes it a GOOD place to play rather than a last choice if nothing else is happening sort of thing.

I was aware of the Scottsdale location closing, are there any other closing down too?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ghostsequel »

Offline dxh

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2007, 10:59:50 PM »
Quote from: "Ghostsequel"

I was aware of the Scottsdale location closing, are there any other closing down too?

I've heard the Tucson store is also closing...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by dxh »
: [dxh] | saguaro.tango.6

Ez Dakit Euskaraz

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2007, 11:20:29 PM »
Quote from: "dxh"
Quote from: "Ghostsequel"

I've heard the Tucson store is also closing...
dude...it's been closed for a while.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn