Author Topic: Back from Lion Claws 6 (probably a better spot to post)  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Theosh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Back from Lion Claws 6 (probably a better spot to post)
« on: May 27, 2007, 06:52:16 PM »
I have to say this years Lion Claws was extrodinary. I really had a great time. There seemed to be a lot of attention to detail this year. I would have to say the Hajis really did a great job getting dressed up and playing the part of Middle Eastern soldiers. They made it feel like we were in another country. Being able to use the whole AO this year really opened up the game. I had to laugh, they had Haji music playing before and during the game.
 About 3pm I became way over heated. I was toting new gear that added more weight than I was used to carrying. The temperature was about 80-something degrees, not a cloud in the sky. I had to head back to camp early to cool off. About 45 minutes later my head stopped pounding and I was feeling better. So I packed up and headed out.
 With all of the hikeing and getting a bit of heat exaustion I was wiped. I forgot the pad to place under sleeping bag, before I left Pheonix, and I didn't get much sleep the night before. I was pretty uncomfortable. I knew I didnt want to sleep there again. So I headed out early and started back for home to sleep in my comfy-cozy bed.
 So with  that I said I wanted to really thank Coyote Tacticle for letting me team up and camp with them this year, you guys are the best!
I also wanted to thank Eric team leader of 0201, It was a pleasure playing under your command! Thank you for a great time.  
 Sorry I left early guys. All my thanks to you for a great time.
Josh AKA POKER
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Theosh »

Offline Airsofter1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • airsot airsona
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 01:38:29 AM »
Oh man, that was about the time 2nd squad got picked off by insurgents!  Eric said he has one sector of fire he couldn't cover because he was down a man.  Thanks for ditching your buddies...
j/k  :P
Good to hear you made it back safely.  We were all wondering what happened to you; you could have at least left us a note.  Jeez ;)
Saturday night was nothing like last year.  The weather was beautiful all weekend.  Glad you had a good time even it was for only for half the day.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Airsofter1 »

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 08:20:02 AM »
You actually left after half a day? :?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline Theosh

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 09:49:49 AM »
Sorry about not dropping a note. Yeah, I left early, I ended up way overheated. Since I made up my mind not to sleep in my tent that night I had to get back to AZ at a reasonable time. It was 10pm. when I finally made it home. And I went to sleep!

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 11:29:50 AM »
Coms also work well.  For a bit we were thinking that you may had been lying out on the field somewhere. It's a good thing that some people knew what you had set up and drove in with. Every person needs to be accounted for when we return, its a very large AO to search.

Glad that you are safe and had fun on Saturday.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Theosh

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 01:13:51 PM »
Understood

Offline Shado

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 03:46:04 PM »
Hey Josh,

Glad her you are feeling better and made it home safe.  Over all we lost quite a few people on Sat from Heat.  It was pretty hot and then to top it off with all the gear.  Sun we lost a few more.

It makes it easy to lead when the guys around you are that good.  The guys I play with are what make this game a good one.  Thanks for being on my squad and I hope to "fight" along side of you again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Shado »

Offline Theosh

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 04:54:25 PM »
Thanks Eric.

Offline Whiskey11

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
While I understand that it was terribly hot isnt water, and overheating prevention one of the first thing you guys consider?  I'm suprised that this isnt one of hte first things on your pregame check list as its probably the most life threatening thing in airsoft.  Not a personal rant or an attack but I would have assumed that better care would have been taken?  

I'm glad to hear everyone had a good time, I really wish I would have been able to attend LC but due to financial situation and the day that school ended i was unable to attend :)  Cant wait to get back to AZ and get some Airsofting done as back home its thuroughly boring here =
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Whiskey11 »

Offline taz

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftaddicts.com
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 07:06:27 PM »
Is anyone going to post pics of LCVI in the open forums or are they just on the secure forum?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by taz »
Scott
Airsoft Addicts

www.AirsoftAddicts.com  (I\'LL PEE ON YOU)

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 07:08:53 PM »
No pics have been posted yet, from AZ.  Personally I did not take any pictures, though I had a camera...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline KOBO

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »
We are all still waiting for pics, did anyone have a chance to get their camera out in the field? I never got a chance to pull mine out at all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KOBO »

Offline Screwloose

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 07:26:04 PM »
yeah I came back and there was a big empty spot behind my truck where your tent was. . .  

I did not take any pictures in the field, I had too much stuff to carry to bring the camera with me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Screwloose »
Some people hunt animals with bullets, We hunt people with plastic.
Desert Ghosts

Offline Theosh

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
LOL, I think it's kinda funny that you are giving me advice on water and heat avoidance when.....you weren't even there! I have to say with all due respect, your advice fell pretty flat. Listen closely, I think you can here it flapping on the ground.
 Next time Whisky only give advice about things you know about.

Raven1

(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 08:02:48 PM »
Ryon Craws = Phun!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raven1 »