Author Topic: Need a new mask/goggle  (Read 2290 times)

Offline FleshEATINGVirus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Need a new mask/goggle
« on: June 01, 2007, 09:47:30 PM »
My recent mask has broken. The faceplate shattered after I had the thing for like 5 years. It has taken paintball and airsoft beatings so it lived a good life. My freind recently broke it by shooting it point blank with a Mk. 1 Luger Gas Pistol several times. The mask has a hole in it now and not useable. I need to know if anyone has recomendations for masks or goggle brands.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by FleshEATINGVirus »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 09:53:22 PM »
ESS Profiles
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline FleshEATINGVirus

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 10:18:00 PM »
Oh nice. I just saw several pairs and they look like a beast. Better than my old peice of crap $30 face mask. Again, ESS Profiles are on my TO BUY list. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by FleshEATINGVirus »

Offline pilz

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://AMSOG.com
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 10:17:19 PM »
Or you could get some Wiley-x Sg1's or Air Rages.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by pilz »
No longer airsofts... what a shame.

Offline seanm028

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 10:19:21 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"
ESS Profiles

+1.  I used them at Lion Claws and I didn't have a single fogging issue.  Granted everyone is different and they probably fog for some people, but I loved them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by seanm028 »

Offline pilz

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://AMSOG.com
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 10:20:33 PM »
I think its different for each person I have my SG1's and they never really fog but for other people they can't see out of them because there is so much fog. Its all about finding what works for you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by pilz »
No longer airsofts... what a shame.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 11:29:58 PM »
My top 3 goggles:
1.  Bolle T800
2.  ESS Profile NVG
3.  Oakley Assault A Frame

top 3 glasses:
1.  Oakley M Frame
2.  Oakley M Frame
3.  Oakley M Frame

The T800s are the cat's ass!  They do not fog, ever, are easy to clean and have a very low profile.  However, they do not provide any dust filtration.  Not really an issue for airsoft, I suppose.  These are also very hard to find these days.

The ESS goggles have great dust filtration, don't fog that easily, and are very easy to find.  The strap blows and wears out near the goggle but unless you're wearing it over a helmet it might not be an issue.

The Oakley A Frames are the most comfortable goggle I've ever worn.  They have good filtration and ventilation, but are a bit expensive.  They also have a higher profile so certain helmet/NOD combinations can be tricky.  Again, that's not an issue for airsoft.

The ONLY glasses I'll wear are Oakleys.  Over here I wear the issue M Frames with grey lens and Polarized SI Gascans.  I had to slide the earsocks off the Ms because I had issues with getting a good seal on my Peltors, but other than that there are no issues with any other pieces of equipment.

FYI, all Oakley eyewear EXCEEDS the ANSI Z87.1 impact rating required by Official AA rules, even the "civilian" glasses.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Pavegunner

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 10:28:07 AM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
The ONLY glasses I'll wear are Oakleys.  Over here I wear the issue M Frames with grey lens and Polarized SI Gascans.  I had to slide the earsocks off the Ms because I had issues with getting a good seal on my Peltors, but other than that there are no issues with any other pieces of equipment.

FYI, all Oakley eyewear EXCEEDS the ANSI Z87.1 impact rating required by Official AA rules, even the "civilian" glasses.

Oakley M frames are every good eyewear, I have seen them, first hand, stop someone from losing an eye...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:06:06 AM by Pavegunner »

Offline azstang66

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 04:35:37 PM »
You know, if you want to save money, try the Infinity Tactical goggles from JT. They're cheap ($19.95), but they are very comfortable and have an excellent field of vision.
Add some Fogtech, and you have low-cost, high f-o-v, no-fog goggles!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azstang66 »

Offline azstang66

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Need a new mask/goggle
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 04:37:12 PM »
Quote from: "FleshEATINGVirus"
My freind recently broke it by shooting it point blank with a Mk. 1 Luger Gas Pistol several times.

Why would you do that?.....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azstang66 »

Offline Cheeze_IZ_G00d

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Need a new mask/goggle
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 11:09:34 AM »
Quote from: "FleshEATINGVirus"
My recent mask has broken. The faceplate shattered after I had the thing for like 5 years. It has taken paintball and airsoft beatings so it lived a good life. My freind recently broke it by shooting it point blank with a Mk. 1 Luger Gas Pistol several times. The mask has a hole in it now and not useable. I need to know if anyone has recomendations for masks or goggle brands.

Any shooting glasses are far superior to goggles/mask. I use Smith&Wesson Code 4's, and they have never failed me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Cheeze_IZ_G00d »
Visit my website -
http://www.iwantafreedollarnow.com!!!

Get great ringtones here!

Offline dnguyenaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 11:33:20 AM »
not to hijack this thread but i need some googles too. i wear glasses and dont wanna get contacts. any googles or glasses that will fit over them? i have flexable glasses that wont break btw
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by dnguyenaz »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 11:35:59 AM »
Quote from: "dnguyenaz"
not to hijack this thread but i need some googles too. i wear glasses and dont wanna get contacts. any googles or glasses that will fit over them? i have flexable glasses that wont break btw

ESS Strikers are thicker than ESS Profiles and both are good. Ideally, you would get ESS Profiles with the ESS prescription insert.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline KOBO

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 01:45:27 PM »
I used the Wiley X Spear goggle for LCVI and they worked pretty good. I had a little fogging with them but nothing to bad. They were comfortable enough if you are going to wear a goggle, just cant be the comfort of M frames. They come in two types, the normal and for a few bucks more you can get the one that has the inserts that you can have filled with what ever prescription you use.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KOBO »

Offline badd

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 01:46:32 AM »
The Arena FlakJaks are awesome.

I never airsoft with these, but I have snowboarded with these though.

For $40, it's hell of a deal.

http://www.safetysystemscorp.com/founda ... 2DCA%2D000

If you wear classes, go with Vince's advice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by badd »
\"People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams, because they feel that they don\'t deserve them, or that they\'ll be unable to achieve them.\"