Author Topic: Galexy MP5 PDW ?  (Read 1594 times)

Offline GthePRican

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/reefs
Galexy MP5 PDW ?
« on: May 08, 2008, 10:55:09 PM »
So this is my first AEG and I like it. So far it is pretty nice and I like it, but is it any good it shoots 315 FPS and a 60 meter range. I also have bought the metal nozzle for it but haven't installed it yet. Is it worth it on this gun? Some one please let me know I did a search but I couldn't find anything so I am asking.
Thanks
GthePRican
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by GthePRican »

Offline Ares

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/gtm2000
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 10:58:59 PM »
no, nothing about that weapon is worth anything. Its a Galaxy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ares »

Offline GthePRican

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:06:47 PM »
so it's not a good brand at all?

Offline Ares

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/gtm2000
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 11:21:21 PM »
Honestly, I don't believe so. IMO.

Modifying a weapon is risky enough. Modifying something like a Well or Galaxy is asking for problems.

Something I beg from everyone who starts this sport is that they invest a good amount of money in a worthwhile AEG, like CA or G&P.

You cannot expect a long-lasting and effective weapon whan your AEG costs a grand total of $120

Expect to drop over $300 at least. It's more expensive at first, but it will last longer and make you happier.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ares »

Offline GthePRican

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 11:30:56 PM »
cool I understand that but does anyone else have any information on this airsort?

Offline BATMAN

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Galexy MP5 PDW ?
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 11:33:29 PM »
Quote from: "GthePRican"
I also have bought the metal nozzle for it but haven't installed it yet.

I don't recommend using metal air nozzles on anything, ever.  It's a very simple concept:
-Every time you fire a BB, the nozzle moves in and out of the hop-up unit
-Your hop-up unit is made of plastic
-Metal is stronger than plastic
-Air nozzles are cheap and easy to find
-Hop-up units for any gun (except M4) are expensive.  If it's a gun like an MP5K, they are literally impossible to find a new replacement.
-Even in a metal hop-up, metal nozzles often grind or bind up, causing feeding problems.

Just plain don't use metal air nozzles.  Trust me.
-BATMAN
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by BATMAN »

Offline GthePRican

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 12:08:31 AM »
cool man thanks for the advice. So what upgrades can I do if any or are any even worth it?

Offline I Slap Fat Kids

• Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 07:51:57 AM »
I've heard good things about the Galaxy MP5K, but if its anything like the Galaxy MP7 its a piece if crap.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by I Slap Fat Kids »
Replicas:

TM P90 red dot
SRC G36K with a CA AG-36
JG G36C
TM Hi-Capa M.R.P.
KJW MK II
WE HK 416
WE Hi-Capa Dragon
And a few friends\':

Offline corporalred

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/stealthislink
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 09:09:03 AM »
galaxy isnt bad but I would have gotten a TM or Echo 1 PDW.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by corporalred »
Quote from: \"Vince\"
I\'ve touched that gun with my hand which had touched my penis. I hope you did not touch your mouth after touching that gun. That would mean your had put part of my penis in your mouth.

Offline JoJockAmo

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 11:06:29 AM »
Here's a FACT on "Chinese, non-brand, cheap, inexpensive, lesser quality, etc, etc." whatever you want to call them, AEGs/Airsoft guns. Getting something 100% or as close as possible to 100% compatible with Tokyo Mauri is your best bet. This insures (some what) that if you need a part it will most likely be available(some AEGs may be harder to find parts, ex. MP5 PDW) Also, at the price you paid, (most the time) you can rebuild/upgrade to something that preforms better then something you spent twice or more the amount on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by JoJockAmo »

THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE! (and don\'t you forget it)

Offline Uchiha Itachi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 11:13:46 AM »
Quote from: "JoJockAmo"
Here's a FACT on "Chinese, non-brand, cheap, inexpensive, lesser quality, etc, etc." whatever you want to call them, AEGs/Airsoft guns. Getting something 100% or as close as possible to 100% compatible with Tokyo Mauri is your best bet. This insures (some what) that if you need a part it will most likely be available(some AEGs may be harder to find parts, ex. MP5 PDW) Also, at the price you paid, (most the time) you can rebuild/upgrade to something that preforms better then something you spent twice or more the amount on.

The Galaxy Mp5k is a TM clone and to Corporal this is the ECHO1 Mp5k. They just rebranded it.

Honestly don't touch it unless it breaks. I'm not one of the anti-upgrade people but with this issues you have to overcome it isn't worth it. The motor is a high torque so better batteries won't give you better RoF. Since it also has a short barrel you will be outranged. Even with a TB you still have luck out on them not having upgrades. They will help but not enough. Arizona=outdoors.

So run it stock or put a new TB+bucking. Then fix it when it breaks.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/in ... ic=61892.0
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Uchiha Itachi »

Offline GthePRican

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 02:08:48 PM »
put a new TB+bucking
so what is that something barrel?  I'm new to this so please bare with me. And I only paid 89 bucks for it I don't remember if I had said that. I got it of of airsplat.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 02:17:09 PM »
Tightbore barrel.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline BATMAN

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 01:12:42 AM »
GthePRican: Like others here mentioned, a new barrel and bucking are probably what's going to help your guns performance most.  After that, you need to ask yourself what kind of velocity is worth it for such a small, short-barreled gun.  Most of the time, chasing numbers with a gun like that is only going to cost you money with little signs of improvement.  Hope that helps.

Here's a FACT on "Chinese, non-brand, cheap, inexpensive, lesser quality, etc, etc." whatever you want to call them, AEGs/Airsoft guns. Getting something 100% or as close as possible to 100% compatible with Tokyo Mauri is your best bet.
JoJock, that is a clear statement of opinion, not fact.  Though I much appreciate you making an effort to make your statement as diplomatic as possible, your logic just completely overlooked the actual fact that not everything in a Chinese TM copy is "upgradeable," or even "TM compatible" in the first place.  It is the parts that there are no replacements for that should be under the quality assurance microscope most, not the parts where replacements are in abundance.  That is why there are people, like myself, that still swear by Marui; they make the best quality parts that were never meant to be upgraded.
-BATMAN
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline JoJockAmo

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: Re:
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 08:15:51 AM »
Quote from: "BATMAN"
GthePRican: Like others here mentioned, a new barrel and bucking are probably what's going to help your guns performance most.  After that, you need to ask yourself what kind of velocity is worth it for such a small, short-barreled gun.  Most of the time, chasing numbers with a gun like that is only going to cost you money with little signs of improvement.  Hope that helps.

Here's a FACT on "Chinese, non-brand, cheap, inexpensive, lesser quality, etc, etc." whatever you want to call them, AEGs/Airsoft guns. Getting something 100% or as close as possible to 100% compatible with Tokyo Mauri is your best bet.
JoJock, that is a clear statement of opinion, not fact.  Though I much appreciate you making an effort to make your statement as diplomatic as possible, your logic just completely overlooked the actual fact that not everything in a Chinese TM copy is "upgradeable," or even "TM compatible" in the first place.  It is the parts that there are no replacements for that should be under the quality assurance microscope most, not the parts where replacements are in abundance.  That is why there are people, like myself, that still swear by Marui; they make the best quality parts that were never meant to be upgraded.
-BATMAN

There is only one way of finding out if an Upgrade is worth the cost.(time and/or money) Just do it.  Unfortunately It is also the way to find out its not worth it.

:roll:  I didn't know that I called all "clones" 100% TM copies, I am very well aware "clones" are not 100% copies, and that some (parts) are just unique (for what ever reason). Thats why I said you should get something as close to a TM as possible. Hell, go get a TM. I would say a clone that is 1% TM compatible, is better then something at 0%.<---(not a fact)  So dont tell me I over looked anything. Why even bring up the parts where there are no replacements for? Thats the technician side talking. :D I'm very aware of the lacking of (unique) parts. (I own a FA-MAS dammit) I shouldnt have made the statement a "FACT", but you have to agree that getting something as TM compatible as possible, makes finding parts easier (oh, yah! If the part exist). Well, I do agree with you on the Marui being the best quality parts though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE! (and don\'t you forget it)