Author Topic: POR?  (Read 719 times)

Offline Jp7891

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
POR?
« on: June 16, 2008, 02:47:29 AM »
has anyone heard of POR.. it stands for pistols only revolution..

basically its people who use pistols as their main gun.  sounds pretty far fetched but i love my gbb pistol and tried using it as my primary gun today... i did ok with it but i have a lot of room to improve.. so i was just wondering if anyone else out there uses a pistol as their primary weapon or if anyone has any advice for me to get better at it..

im up for trying something new.. so ill give it a try and see how it turns out.

thanks in advance for any info.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
Re: POR?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 07:20:30 AM »
GBBs are so inconsistent in their functionality there is no way I would rely on one as my primary unless that was all I had. You will lack the range, mag capacity, hitting power and stealth of basic AEGs. You will be destroyed on the field unless you have super sneaky tactics and can make up the range deficit with maneuverability.

I would submit ROR, rifles only revolution, drop your gbbs and get with the program.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline KOBO

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 08:22:50 AM »
I do miss the pistol only combat we use to do after games. A whole game is not necessary but a quick match before packing up is always fun.

Offline TheStenGun

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 11:00:04 AM »
Yeah bro, pistols and shotguns are fun, but they are flat out inferior to an AEG. Just don't do the two pistol thing, it makes you look like a tool.

Offline Maestro

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 12:06:42 PM »
yeah, you  wouldn't want to look like a tool.  Hammers and screwdrivers just look stoopid

Offline Jp7891

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 10:42:56 PM »
haha nice, well i agree with all you guys but at the same time... i can see if you have a good pistol shot it can be just as good...

on the website i was reading about it says that one of the pistols advantage is that you only need to expose your face to shoot, where as if you have a aeg you have to expose your upper chest as well.  So by using the pistol you expose about half as much as the aeg users, which seems really good.. but again it comes down to how accurate your 2 or 3 shots are before you have to get down again cause theres 50 bbs coming your way lol

well if i want to give this pistol thing a try, should i try and trade in my 350 fps gbb pistol for a aep tokio mauri glock 18 ( probably spelt tokio mauri wrong lol)?  The glock is fully automatic and the store has 100 bb clip for it, but it only shoots 250 fps or something i believe.. however, its fully automatic.. so it would come in handy a lot more im thinking.  but at the same time at that low fps im not sure if they would feel a shot more than 10 feet away.  also the place wants 180 for it and i cant find a price for it only so not sure what its worth.. im kinda new to the whole airsoft thing as you can see.  Only been doing it for about 2 months so far.. but getting better as i go along!

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 10:53:49 PM »
I would rather have a TM AEP over a GBB.

The TM AEPs are quiet and shoot incredibly far.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Jp7891

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 10:57:58 PM »
i found it online.. and it only shoots 220 though.. thats super weak.. how far away would they even feel the hit?

i have a gbb m9 berreta (semi auto) and its nice but would love a aep.. i dont like using the gas too much, anyone know of any that are maybe fully auto and over 300 fps