Author Topic: General attitude of airsofter in AZ?  (Read 2167 times)

Offline oiWicked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Re: General attitude of airsofter in AZ?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 01:01:37 PM »
You can't really come into this forum demanding respect if you show none to the people who keep the forum and sport running in Arizona...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Sneaky_Bush

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dragin_ink
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 01:11:13 PM »
Im done
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:22:10 PM by Sneaky_Bush »
Im a noob now, and always will be.

Offline oiWicked

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 01:19:53 PM »
What i am saying, which has been said, you cannot come into the forums and expect to be "fathered in" with open hands to these guys who are Veterans.

Offline Sneaky_Bush

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dragin_ink
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 01:30:33 PM »
The point of this thread was to find out if this was the attitude in general amoungst the arisoft community here in Az, nothing more nothing less. I started it simply because as a newly registered member to this forum i was reading a lot of posts that justified me asking. I read a large number of threads on here before my very first post, i didnt just up and start posting like crazy.

SB
Im a noob now, and always will be.

Offline Nil8r

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 03:05:30 PM »
Some of us, like the good Doc has stated, view this site and the community within as family and as a home to discuss our hobby. It is NOT, however, the end-all be-all of the people you will meet when you actually attend games. There are far more posters here than you'll ever see at a game, mainly because the kids are out of school for summer vacation and posting here is how they choose to spend their time. You'll soon come to realize if you stick around a while longer that the same questions are asked numerous times by people that you'll never ever see use your advice on an airsoft field. It begins to make you feel less-than-helpful in short order.

Bottom line is this: Take this site with a grain of salt, learn what you can, and ultimately, SHOW UP AND PLAY AIRSOFT.

It's all about having fun, remember?  :mrgreen:

Offline JoJockAmo

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 03:40:38 PM »
Quote from: "Doc Hollywood"
If you think its harsh here, check out Socal Airsoft... the MODS there will cockslap you with the quickness and have absolutely no mercy.  This place is like church compared to a lot of other forums.

Haha this is so ture. I havent felt the wrath, but It doesnt take long to see a post/someone that has felt it.

Agree with Nil8r, Show up and play.

THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE! (and don\'t you forget it)

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 07:20:19 PM »
Quote from: "Sneaky_Bush"
As far as me, I have played a few times as ive mentioned before way out of city limits, up near lake pleasent (non AA games) i agree it should not be done in populated areas. So far i really enjoy airsofting, and would like to put more time into it. But to me a first purchas shouldnt be expensive, spend only what you can afford to lose, build and modify your system from there if you decide to stay in airsoft.

That right there is smart.  Try it out and see how it really is and then decide if this is something you want to invest more time and money in, then go from there. Most people do not do this, so right there you are all ready different.  

And as others have stated, do not lump together the guys who are active with those who just type hype. There are people on the boards who like to act like they are veterans of the game and patrol the boards, when in fact they are not. But there are also those who call it as it is, so do not be afraid of criticism. In time you will learn which advice to ignore and which advice to chew on. Oh and board rank and joined dates meanshit, it's the person.

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Morgann0

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 07:36:03 PM »
The way I see it, most of the Noob vs. Vet is based more on age than gear set and/or experience.  The younger players tend to be more isolated than the vets who have made their ties and friendships over months or years of playing together.  As such, the lone younger players band together (I'm thinking of Gilbert Airsoft, I don't know of much other youth-soft type deals) and are no longer alone.  Then there are guys like me, who NOBODY likes.  Seeing as how you are not a minor, you have a much better opportunity to prove yourself than the minors around here.  Save some coin, get some gun.

On a marginally related note, I'm 18.  Who wants a fucking cigar?

Then buy one.
\"All you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be.\"

Offline Nil8r

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 09:43:03 AM »
Quote from: "Morgann0"
Then there are guys like me, who NOBODY likes.
:-({|=

Now that you're 18, start showing up to games and I'll decide for myself if I like you or not.  :lol:

Offline Airsofter1

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • airsot airsona
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 12:14:09 PM »
If just discovered airsoft, and don't know anyone else that does it you can't expect to be respected from your first post.  Like Doc said, many of the vets know each other - lots of inside jokes going around.  And some of us old timers even made an ass of themselves from our humble beginnings.  If there is something directed at you and you don't like it then ignore it.  They are just words, not stones.  You just gotta learn to laugh at yourself sometimes.

Users should make it a priority to read the Local Games/RSVP thread to look for games to go to, but don't expect to find games in town posted up.  No one can stop you from doing it, its just something we cannot endorse.  If your one of the younger players out there and see lots of games that exclude the under 18 crowd, its not because we hate you or think your immature.  Its just the fear of god and the law that makes it like that.  Either way get out there and sweat a little.  Your bound to meet some cool people.  All the other stuff is secondary.

I have fun doing it how I do it.  That means the kind of games and events I go to, doing the stuff I do to prepare for them, the people I meet and hang with when I do it, and the friends I get to hang with when I do it.  
I don't do it so I can post on the forums.