Author Topic: Does my m4 have something wrong with it?  (Read 675 times)

Offline sniper66195

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Does my m4 have something wrong with it?
« on: November 13, 2008, 03:49:03 PM »
Well i took my JG m4 out to its first game and i noticed that it skips rounds every now and then. I htough it might be the High-capacity but then i used my friends non-winding mag and it did it with that too... is this normal, is something wrong with my gun, the mags, or what? Also can this be fixed or should i just save up to get a new gun?

Thanks,

Zach :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whiskey11

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: Does my m4 have something wrong with it?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »
Feeding issues are caused by:
-Crappy mags
-Crappy Hop Up unit and rubber
-Damaged or crappy airnozzle
-damaged or crappy tappet plate

lets start from the most likely and work our way.  The mags, what magazine are you using and what magazine is your friend using?  Is the gun completely stock?  If it is, then the hop up unit isnt helping you out any, neither is the airnozzle or the tappet plate.  The first one I'd replace is the tappet plate as this is usually the issue.  The airnozzle might be causing some problems but I'd highly doubt it.

Offline sniper66195

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »
well, the mag i mostly use is the stock high-capacity, and his are Marui compatible..

and the gun IS completly stock.... nothing else except a green dot sight which has nothing to do with the issue

Offline nemisissy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 05:27:15 PM »
fire it upside down, that will rule out a crappy mag. that will narrow down or issues
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest thing, the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse.." -John Stewart Mill