Author Topic: Mag Problem  (Read 1773 times)

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Mag Problem
« on: March 02, 2009, 06:37:26 PM »
I was out airsofting saturday and my MAG brand 100rd mags were working fine on saturday all day they were working great. Today i'm out shooting with my friend and they don't want to work (don't know whats wrong). We took them apart and tried to see what was wrong with them like spring tension or something. We messed around with them for a few minutes then put them back together and they worked good for about 20 rounds and then they did the same thing which is shoot about 3 or 4 rounds on semi and then not feed at all and won't even feed for full auto. So we took them apart again and they did the same thing so then we lubed them with silicone and they still did the same thing. My friend has the same mags and they work great in his and my gun so we know its just my mags. My question is do you guys know whats wrong with them and if you have any suggestions on different type of mid or low cap mags can you tell me?

-Nathan
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline I Slap Fat Kids

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Mag Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 08:02:22 PM »
When in doubt, use silicon oil.
Spray it, load it, spray it again, unload it, spray, load, unload, load.  That usually gets just about any magazine to work.
Replicas:

TM P90 red dot
SRC G36K with a CA AG-36
JG G36C
TM Hi-Capa M.R.P.
KJW MK II
WE HK 416
WE Hi-Capa Dragon
And a few friends\':

Offline Ranger_Robby

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 09:00:49 PM »
you need to lube those plastic mags or they wont feed right. take silicone lube and have the nozzle straw on it. press the follower down with the straw all the ways and spray lube in while pulling the straw out. do this a couple times and the mags will feed great. I had a similar problem with my MAG mags and this did the trick
Quote from: \"Vince\"
ALRIGHT GIRLS YOU\'RE BOTH PRETTY

NOW SHUT THE **** UP

Offline xTanTricK

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 09:57:01 PM »
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline xTanTricK

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 09:58:55 PM »
Quote from: "Ranger_Robby"
you need to lube those plastic mags or they wont feed right. take silicone lube and have the nozzle straw on it. press the follower down with the straw all the ways and spray lube in while pulling the straw out. do this a couple times and the mags will feed great. I had a similar problem with my MAG mags and this did the trick

I tried that and it still didn't work.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline Twitchy Konigkeit

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/ahwatac
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 12:44:07 AM »
well in my personal opinion, mid caps aren't that great. yes they are not lame ass hi caps, and they hold more than standards and low caps. however, they seem to just not work. in theory its cool....kinda like the rotary engine and communism, but as you can see they didn't work either. i would say to go out and buy yourself a nice set of standard mags. I've used them all, when i was young and naive i thought hi-caps where the sh*t. then i found out how lame they where, then i thought lo-caps would be the answer.  i thought the realism would be cool, then thinking about it after i used them and they did not work, low ammo, and your using a round that fires nothing like a real round. so i thought mid-caps where the answer...none of the rainbow prancing gayness of hi-caps, no low ammo amounts of low-caps....well they worked amazing at first, i bought them at LC6. after the op they went to shit....didn't feed, didn't stay together, didn't fit etc.  no i'm rocking metal standards and they are amazing, always feed, always fit, don't break, and easy maintenance. So thats my opinion....use it, don't use it, whatever. hope this story helps....or at least entertained you for a bit.

Offline xTanTricK

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 03:27:07 PM »
Quote from: "Twitchy Konigkeit"
So thats my opinion....use it, don't use it, whatever. hope this story helps....or at least entertained you for a bit.

Oh it did both.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline Lurch

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 08:11:34 PM »
Have you tried pulling the mag & lightly tapping it on the side of your gun (or other hard object)? I've found that this usually solves the feeding problem, when I have it...

Your mileage may vary.
"Listen, it\'s only paranoia if someone isn\'t really trying to track you down and kill you."
--Floyd Ambrose (RT Ohio 1-0)

Offline DaGunner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 07:11:43 AM »
My mid-cap mags won't feed either, but right now I'm not sure if its just my gun or if its the mags. I have a Stag Arms m4 and they don't really feed that well. Maybe I'll just get some standards...Thanks.
Piss lightning, sh*t success.
Sweat more in practice, bleed less in battle.
You can not strengthen the weak without weakening the strong. -Abraham Lincoln

Offline DaGunner

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 07:20:35 AM »
Never mind. I fixed them. You know the little square piece where the little metal piece clicks in? I just used some pliers and "plied" it somewhat up and now it fits wonderful, but I'm not sure about the feeding.
Piss lightning, sh*t success.
Sweat more in practice, bleed less in battle.
You can not strengthen the weak without weakening the strong. -Abraham Lincoln

Offline G1zm0

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sg12.org/Roster_files/G1zm0.htm
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 04:30:43 PM »
I agree banging them seems to work but lube and keeping them UNloaded when NOT in use should prolong your spring life. I've had the same mid caps for over a year and they are still working with minor difficulty in one or two, but when you have 12 its not a big problem. Or you can buy metal mid caps. whatever works.

Offline BLKKROW89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 02:31:34 PM »
I was having some issues with some magazines a long time ago like this. They way i fixed it was open it up and under wear the spring sits, I took a vacuum belt (I repair vacuums for a living) and cut out a tiny little square and put it right under the spring. Then the magazines fed really well.

Offline G1zm0

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sg12.org/Roster_files/G1zm0.htm
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 07:00:07 PM »
Quote from: "BLKKROW89"
I was having some issues with some magazines a long time ago like this. They way i fixed it was open it up and under wear the spring sits, I took a vacuum belt (I repair vacuums for a living) and cut out a tiny little square and put it right under the spring. Then the magazines fed really well.

Paint me a picture I'm lost...

Offline BLKKROW89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 09:53:27 PM »
Quote from: "G1zm0"
Quote from: "BLKKROW89"

Paint me a picture I'm lost...

Take the mag apart, Under where the big spring goes, I put a little tiny square of a vacuum belt i cut up under it, to increase the tension. Then the magazine fed perfectly after that.

Offline Ares

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/gtm2000
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 04:01:49 PM »
You have MAG mags? Well there's your problem!