Author Topic: What is wrong with minors?  (Read 7252 times)

Offline MedicalDelta69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
Re: What is wrong with minors?
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2009, 07:15:38 PM »
Quote from: "AzAndrew"
MD, you really need to shut your mouth and respect these guys.I'm 15 and I don't bitch about how I can't play with the older guys.Its not your time yet or mine for that matter.I also highly doubt when you're 18 that you will be letting minors play with you.Its a simple fact, if you want to play now,do it with friends your age or even your dad.But just don't go butting into peoples hobbies and whining that you want to play with them.
And on a side note, just because you went to kiddie boot camp when you were whatever age,DOESN'T make you all BA and s***.Go to go to a military school for boys and learn some fucking respect
My $0.2

I wasn't trying to whine, like I Fucking said,I understand! Now leave me alone and I'll do the same OK!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t mess with the best, or your ass will get the S**T knocked out of it."

Offline I Slap Fat Kids

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2009, 07:06:24 PM »
Quote from: "AzAndrew"
My $0.2

Well, I guess that was about twenty cents.

Look, dude, this kid isn't being a little prick about what everyone is saying.  You have to give him some credit for not having a freak-out-bitch-fit because of what some people are saying.  Most of the other minors that have been bluntly spoken to retaliated by spewing shit all over the forum.

I've noticed that this forum has become a lot less inviting to minors (especially new ones) over the few years I have been here.  I got off to a bad start too, some of you might remember the necro-posts in the classifieds sections, but I didn't get raped up the ass by the entire forum.

Part of my reasoning to be a bit friendlier to minors comes by thinking as one (I'm one too, you know).  They have no one to drive them to the desert whenever they want, they don't quite understand the effects of playing in town most of the time, and usually they can't drive themselves.  If they get flamed on here, they will be thinking, "fuck them, they're all a bunch of pricks on that forum.  I'm not listening to those old bastards."  One of the most fundamental things we preach is for them to find a legal place to play.  So, it might have no effect, if not a reverse effect.

I'm not saying that we should treat them as special, hell; we shouldn't even treat some of them as intelligent beings.  Also, a lot of minors have their heads so far up their asses that they got lost; they deserve to be treated like shit.

I might be looking at things differently than many other people here, but I'm just giving my opinion.
Replicas:

TM P90 red dot
SRC G36K with a CA AG-36
JG G36C
TM Hi-Capa M.R.P.
KJW MK II
WE HK 416
WE Hi-Capa Dragon
And a few friends\':

Offline Rogue Fox

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2009, 07:54:52 PM »
I second Islapfatkids. One of my team is a Minor, and hes more mature than some of the "adults" on here.

And AzAndrew, shutup while your ahead, I now respect MD more than I do you for that little outburst.

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2009, 08:08:51 PM »
Maybe you could join TAC and bring along a parent/guardian?
I don't doubt your maturity (Nor do I endorse it, because I don't really know you)

My $0.02...
If you're a stellar example of how younger people should act, keep it up and you will earn the respect of many.
If you want to play in a fair game, find people that play fair in your age bracket, or take some of the earlier advice:

MTT games allow underagers, as do TAC events and many, many other non AA games. Keep your head up and your nose clean and people will love having someone with spirit at all their games.

Also, the 'Join a team' or 'Create a Team' options are very viable. At the very least, you get to practice with your team... and will be more likely to be allowed into events.

Lawyers suck. :(   That's the real bad thing here... is that they suck money from people who play with minors if anything goes wrong.

-LP
-Sec. Mile High Airsoft

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »
I haven't heard of anyone being sued here by kids parents, I think doc summed it up very good with why adults don't play with minors.

I've deffintely noticed a difference in my maturity in the last year or two, like others have said, there are plenty of games that minors can play in around here.

Offline MedicalDelta69

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2009, 07:59:02 PM »
Yeah I'm kind of a laid back player. I go in for a good play and come out feeling i've done something great. I do have people I can play with, I just thought it would be cool to play with the big guys. That's all I was trying to get at. Please feel free to ignore me. I really don't give a shit. Just take your game to your level of authority you feel is needed and I'll do the same. I really don't want to have an argument about this. So please leave your comments to yourself now.
"Don\'t mess with the best, or your ass will get the S**T knocked out of it."

Offline WuTang

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2009, 05:58:06 AM »
You know, to be completely honest. I feel you.
When I first signed up on Airsoft Arizona (previous username, no idea what it was), I was about your age and I could not understand why it was so essential to be 18.
I know I'm not the first to tell you; but being young just sucks, no ways around it.
It seems like everything is a build-up to 16, then 18, and when you're 18, you're still just under 21 :P
You may be a very mature 14 year old, and I personally know a lot of adults that act about the age of 9; but it doesn't change the fact that not only are you a liability, but it's also poor practice.
Just wait it out, stay focused, and get involved when you're allowed to; I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but fussing about it will bring you no results and will only leave impressions on others that you're impatient.

Offline Airsoftchris

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2009, 01:13:29 PM »
I'm here with you bro i agree im 13 and ive been playing ince i was 10 it sucks that people say must be 18+ or older its BS thats all there is too it

Offline TangoAlpha33

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2009, 10:51:35 PM »
Airsoft is an adult sport... Adults don't want to play with kids. Adults have there own basketball leagues, softball leagues, and ect. Adults like to play with adults, its like how teens like to hang out with teens and not little kids.

I am 16yrs old and I am tired of kids and teens trying to argue there point that they are mature and not like the rest of kids and teens. I understand why adults don't want to play with us, they just don't want to deal with kids and I am totally cool with that. The fact that you have to be 18 to play only makes me look forward to adulthood, like taxes (Just kidding).

So minors, stop trying to fight this pointless fight, your only going to receive hell from Doc and the others.

So my advice to you MD, find some guys your age who want to airsoft and play with them, thats what I do and if you truly love the sport this won't be much of a problem.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2009, 02:33:26 PM »
Let me simply put it like this:

You will wait your turn.

Offline sethb7290

• First Sergeant
  • OEF Vet, NFG, FBGM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2009, 10:30:46 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
Let me simply put it like this:

You WILL wait your turn.

Win.

seriously guys, I was patient to turn 18 to play in the more larger games, and the wait is worth it, wait four years so that way the legal liabilities don't come back biting this sport in the a**, there have been WAY to many incidents where minors with airsoft guns have gained bad publicity.

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2009, 08:50:39 AM »
I've been in and out of airsoft since I was about 14 or 15, I was the same way about the whole "wtf, im a cool minor, let me play", and would goto non-official AA games that allowed minors. It was maybe a once a month occurance because it usually involved my dad driving me to either SASCO (Where he stayed with me the entire day watching me play at my first game) or up to Bushnell Tanks. The logistics of it made it difficult. Still, I waited my turn, and came to respect those I played with a lot more when I was finally 18 and able to play at any of the games.

I look back at me and my buddies shooting eachother in the backyard, and how idotic it was. Yes, nobody has been sued, yet. But in this economy, it is only a matter of time.

Just slow your roll, read up on it, and your time will come when you can do whatever the hell you like. Shit, maybe you'll turn 18 and decide you want to go off and do the shit for real.  ;)

Offline TangoAlpha33

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2009, 03:01:11 PM »
Exactly, and im still waiting until im 18

Offline Beazer

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2009, 09:08:51 PM »
You aren't mature as you think you are.

Instead of bs'ing on here and whining like the children you are.  
Ask yourself this question.
Why can I not vote/drink/drive/etc?
You will find the same reason you shouldn't be playing with replica firearms is the exact same reason why your not allowed to do all those other "fun" things.

All I see are questions about how come "I" cannot play certain venues. These are very selfish questions(to which immature people are known for)
Never once has someone stated the willingness to wait, but discuss the avenues to which one may play while respecting the sport.
I'm 26, Started at 18 which is the semi-legal limit in Canada,  there are extremely few players who I have played with that were 15/16 that did not ever bend the rules, and think they're ideas are better than the powers that be.

Remember respect is not given, it's earned.  You will have to "WAIT" like AZsarge said until you have earned enough respect.

Offline DMAN007

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2009, 09:17:16 PM »
I'm a minor and I agree with Beazer, I've played in a few games here and there where minors are allowed, but I'm fine waiting another year until I can be included in all AA events.