Author Topic: Hello from a noob in gilbert.  (Read 1011 times)

Offline CaptainShack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Hello from a noob in gilbert.
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:38:22 AM »
Hey guys! I've been trolling these forums for awhile now and its about time I introduced myself. My names Robert Shackleton, I go by my nick name Shack.. Yeah I know AF Maintainers are just so...creative with there nick names. Hah!

I've just recently left active duty AF and returned home from a 2 years in Japan working on F16's. Currently living up in gilbert. As for my experience I have none when it comes to Air soft. I'm coming from a paint-ball background. But hey, the way I see it, part of the fun is learning.. Right? :D

So the last few weeks I've been reading, researching, and visiting local stores in my area asking questions and finally decided to get into this new hobby. Plunked down some cash on a gun, "WE HK416" put in the order a few days ago and now I just can't wait for it to get here so I can join you guys!

So to everyone, I hope you have Cold beer and Fair winds. Later!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline distortedera

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rebelunionairsoft.com
Re: Hello from a noob in gilbert.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:58:43 PM »
If you're interested in events, we host games every almost Saturday at our field. Hope to see you at some games.

Doc
www.rebelunionairsoft.com

Offline carbon14c

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 07:40:41 PM »
most of the games worth attending are out in the west valley or farther, TAC has good op's, and four peaks is very good as well.

I would reccomend checking out RU for sure. they play almost every weekend, and aren't cliquey like some groups may be ;)
see you space cowboy...

Offline CaptainShack

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 06:35:16 PM »
distortedera I am definitely down for joining you guys.  Just need to get some parts for my gun so I can get the FPS down to your guys requirements and I am there.  I have 2 roommates both X-Air force that may want to join or at least come check it out. Any chance there may be a few extra weapons around so they can join in and give it a try?

carbon14c Thanks man, I'm looking into it. Sounds like lots of fun!

Thanks guys.

Offline carbon14c

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:06:53 PM »
Quote from: "CaptainShack"
distortedera I am definitely down for joining you guys.  Just need to get some parts for my gun so I can get the FPS down to your guys requirements and I am there.  I have 2 roommates both X-Air force that may want to join or at least come check it out. Any chance there may be a few extra weapons around so they can join in and give it a try?

carbon14c Thanks man, I'm looking into it. Sounds like lots of fun!

Thanks guys.

i have 1 extra rifle currently working that that could be used, if they arent total douches :P once i get new wiring, i will have a second one available as well. (it should be ready by the weekend) some of the other guys have extras, but i cant say whether anyone will entrust a stranger with their gear.

we might be going out to RU this weekend, if im off work. depending on the situation, maybe we can carpool.
see you space cowboy...

Offline CaptainShack

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 10:46:46 PM »
Sadly working down in Tucson for this entire weekend at the AF Base. So I wont be getting any trigger time. Have to wait on those parts for my HK to :/

As for the roommates, It may be a non-Issue for one of them. I just got a message from one he has a We-M4 on order and should be here by the end of the week, Guess he really liked my HK416 lol

I completely understand not wanting a complete stranger beating up your weapon on the field. I just have to wait and see how long this stuff takes getting in. As for Carpooling to games, that would be abit of a problem as my group owns 2 seat trucks, so space is limited.

Offline carbon14c

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 11:18:31 PM »
Quote from: "CaptainShack"
Sadly working down in Tucson for this entire weekend at the AF Base. So I wont be getting any trigger time. Have to wait on those parts for my HK to :/

As for the roommates, It may be a non-Issue for one of them. I just got a message from one he has a We-M4 on order and should be here by the end of the week, Guess he really liked my HK416 lol

I completely understand not wanting a complete stranger beating up your weapon on the field. I just have to wait and see how long this stuff takes getting in. As for Carpooling to games, that would be abit of a problem as my group owns 2 seat trucks, so space is limited.

yeah, well i should be getting a new truck in a week or so - with some more room, but thats a bridge for a different day

as far as the guns, that sounds good 8) we can coordinate when everyone is free. looking forward to this
see you space cowboy...

Offline Skynet3132

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 10:27:56 PM »
hey Captain!

are you in the 162nd? im in the 161st @ sky harbor on 135s. and live in mesa.

welcome to AA. hope to see you around
J Kissling, SSgt, AZANG

Offline distortedera

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rebelunionairsoft.com
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 12:58:02 PM »
Excited to see you out at RU soon, we're hosting a BBQ in May. Check the RSVP forums section. Thanks.

Doc
www.rebelunionairsoft.com