Author Topic: Potential Game  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Terreus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Potential Game
« on: March 09, 2011, 01:25:51 AM »
Hey everyone, I've been wanting to host my own event for a while now, and have written up a scenario/ruleset for one. The AO and date has yet to be decided, but I want to see how many people are interested in the idea. The game will take place in Prescott, and will most likely be played on national forest land, away from the city so we don't bother anyone. The event will have full staff and I'm probably going to charge 5$ per player to pay for props, cover and water.

Invasion of Durkahajistan

SCHEDULE:

0800-0930: Check in, chrono, safety brief

0930-1000: individual team brief

1000: game on (scenario 1)

1230-1330: lunch break

1330-1345: afternoon game brief

1400-1900 afternoon game

1900: Endex

SCENARIO 1:

Tan (US Forces) have established a FOB in Durkahajistan, but have lost a C-130 carrying vital supplies to enemy AA fire. US forces must now recover munitions, food and the two survivors, while defending their FOB and battling Durkahaji forces (Green, “tactical” civies).

Opfor is also trying to obtain as many munitions and food as they can, and can use the downed pilots as hostages. Pilots can only be moved with the aide of another player. Whichever team with the most supplies recovered at the call of “endex” is the winner of Scenario 1.

Scenario 2 (afternoon game)

With their bases supplied and operating at full capacity, The US and Durkahaji forces are now in a bitter struggle for territory. A total of 10 “command posts” will be placed in the AO, and each team must plant their flag there (flags will be supplied to both teams). Command posts are not locked, and must be defended. Command posts can be used as respawn points for the team controlling them. The team with the most Command Posts at the call of “endex” will be declared the winner.

Rules:

SAFETY RULES: 400 for full auto weapons, 550 for bolt action and designated DMR’s. (DMR’s must be SEMI ONLY and not modifiable to go full auto!) MER's for AEG's is 15 feet. Pistols have no MER. Under no circumstances are you allowed to tackle, hit, or physically harm another player, and you will be kicked out if you do. Direct all conflicts to the attention of the refs.

GRENADE RULES: Air powered grenades and rockets can be used, with a 15 foot kill radius FROM POINT OF IMPACT. The player at the closest point of the grenade will be responsible for declaring players “out”. NO INCINDIARY, FIREWORKS, SMOKE or ANYTHING THAT BURNS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE AO. ANYONE CAUGHT VIOLATING THIS RULE WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE EVENT.

RESPAWN RULES: To encourage squad based gameplay, players may only respawn when their Squad Leader comes to retrieve them from the base. If the squad leader dies, he may respawn after 2 minutes, or when a squad member dies and reports to a respawn area. Any friendly command post can be used as a respawn point.

UNIFORM RULES: To play on Tan team, you must have a FULL SET of any of the following uniform patterns: 3 color desert, 6 color “chocolate chip”, ACU, Desert MARPAT, Desert DPM and Flectarn or Multicam.

Green team can be any combination of OD, woodland, russian, flectarn, woodland DPM, civies and “freedom figher” garb.

There is NO weapon restriction.

As this is an outdoor game, be prepared for harsh conditions, EVERY PLAYER IS REQUIRED TO HAVE AT LEAST 2 LITERS OF WATER IN THEIR KIT!!!

Failure to adhere to the rules is grounds for dismissal from the event without refund, but lesser offences will be penalized at the discretion of the game referees, and will most likely be temporary removal from the game (i.e. caught not calling hits will result in a verbal warning the first time, and a 15 minute penalty the second, repeat offences will result in harsher penalties)

Let me know what you think, if you'd be interested in playing, and if you have any suggestions let me know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
EA is the great Satan of gaming

Offline xtremeairsoft

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Game
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 07:27:01 AM »
sounds cool
one thing is try to have more than 2 games in  the scenario
and i noticed you put Flectarn camo for both teams. ;)
other than that sounds good
Zach Parks

Offline Terreus

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:32:13 AM »
Desert Flectarn for Tan, standard for green :)

The point of only having two "games" is because each game has concrete objectives that need to be completed. Its more of a milsim situation than a skirmish. But there is a potential night game in the works, and if people finish scenario 1 faster than expected then a third scenario can be added.

Thanks for the comment!

Offline xtremeairsoft

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 07:38:31 AM »
Oh ok cool. I understand. and the night game sounds like a good idea
Zach Parks

Offline G1zm0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sg12.org/Roster_files/G1zm0.htm
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 01:52:09 PM »
This reminds me of the games I used to play in North Carolina. Even the camouflage patterns for the teams are the same! If its on a Saturday I am off and you can get a good amount of people I'm down for this one.

Offline Terreus

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 06:47:32 PM »
Its definitely going to be a saturday, probably sometime in late April or early May. I figure this is a different direction than most AZ games go, with an emphasis on the Milsim aspect of airsoft. Sure, its no Lion Claws event, but I hope it will be a fun time for everyone involved. If enough people show interest, and there is a surplus of entry fees after props have been purchased, maybe I'll get a sidearm or sportline AEG to raffle off.

Also, I think im going to restrict hi-capacity mags to Squad Automatic Weapons only.

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 07:56:14 PM »
Quote from: "Terreus"
Its definitely going to be a saturday, probably sometime in late April or early May. I figure this is a different direction than most AZ games go, with an emphasis on the Milsim aspect of airsoft. Sure, its no Lion Claws event, but I hope it will be a fun time for everyone involved. If enough people show interest, and there is a surplus of entry fees after props have been purchased, maybe I'll get a sidearm or sportline AEG to raffle off.

Also, I think im going to restrict hi-capacity mags to Squad Automatic Weapons only.

When you start off by saying things like "I've been wanting to host my own event for a while now"... you might find it hard to drum up people willing to pay to try out the game.

Also, not 100% sure, but I believe if you are on forest service land, and charging admission to the event, you need a permit iirc.

Offline Terreus

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 10:39:36 PM »
You make some interesting points. Really the only reason Im charging anything at all is because props aren't free. 100% of the profits will be used to make the game better. I've never hosted a game like this but I have helped staff one.

Offline SpiritOfSimo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 09:39:44 AM »
I like the thought of a game way up north in April / May. Nice and cool, heck, is this gonna be further north than Mount Ord? Even better. Maybe in your thread title you should indicate the possible location of the game, because I know a good amount of airsofters including myself have been itching for someone to announce a Mt. Ord (or similar forest venue) game. The forest is definitely the best AO for airsoft, and considering many if not most AAers don't play their regular games there, you'll get more attention if you mention the forest AO.

Regarding the charging of 5$ admission for the use of the artificial cover, maybe you could make it a "suggested" *cough, cough* donation.

A sheepdog can bite from any distance.

Offline claymore

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 04:03:02 PM »
i will be willing to drive to prescott for this game.

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 05:14:27 PM »
Where in Prescott?

Offline Terreus

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 10:56:16 AM »
Quote from: "axisofoil"
Where in Prescott?

probably copper

Offline Rogue Fox

• First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 08:07:57 PM »
I agree 100% with listing the price as a donation. As a few of the airsofters on here and tac know the Poachers games use alot of props, and none of them are cheap. That said Id be willing to throw in 5 bucks for a good game as long as it goes towards new props.

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 11:59:42 PM »
I'd be interested. Could be quite the drive for me, but I'd love to take part in a large scale op in woodland terrain! Only got to try out woodland once, and it was a 1v1 game (me and a friend). $5 is acceptable for me... But of course free or just a 'suggested' donation is always preferred.  :mrgreen:

Offline Terreus

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 12:33:45 AM »
Im looking for a roster of at least 40-50 people. That would be the ideal scale of a game like this, and sure, suggested donations would be great. I'll be looking into getting an event permit for this, so the suggested would become "optional, but highly encouraged".

I've been informed that MHA will not be able to help out because this is right around the time when a lot of them will be graduating. Im currently looking for referees, team leaders, and volunteers to help set up the AO the week previously. (PM if interested)

As of right now, there is still no date for the event, but it can be expected sometime late April. I will create a new thread once we have a concrete time and place. Also a paypal account for donations. If i have a surplus of funds after buying props i'll grab a 1911 or something to raffle off.

The more people attending, and the more donations we get, the better the game turns out.