Author Topic: Terminator: Prophecies at Vanguard moved to June 11  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Marauders Airsoft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.marauders.us
Terminator: Prophecies at Vanguard moved to June 11
« on: May 03, 2011, 09:32:45 AM »
June 11, 2011 Terminator: Prophecies (8 pm - 2 am)
Marauders Airsoft is hosting our next Terminator adventure at Vanguard Indoor Playground on Saturday, June 11.

Terminator: Prophecies takes place approximately 6 years after Judgement Day. Hiding out in an abandoned underground military research facility in the Nevada desert, John Connor and a specially trained unit must survive a series of assaults by Skynet's Hunter Killer teams and T-600's.

Join the Resistance to fight against the machines.  

TEAM OPTIONS
Alpha Unit 16 Spaces (12 Fighters, 4 Bomb Techs**)
Age Restriction 18 and Up

Bravo Unit 24 Spaces (20 Fighters, 4 Bomb Techs**)
Age Restriction 12 and Up (Minors and Adults Mixed)

EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
Uniform - Any military style pattern (ACU, multicam, DCU, etc.) or survivor costume (NO JEANS AND T-SHIRT/SWEAT SHIRT ALLOWED)
AEG's with non-winding magazines
M203 Grenade Launchers OR at least 2 airsoft grenades (players may not carry more than 4 grenades per person)

**Only those who have successfully completed the MTT AOD program may serve as Bomb Techs.

Admission
MTT Annual Pass Owners $40 (Includes Meal Ticket and 1000 bb's for the event)
General Public $60 (Includes Meal Ticket and 1000 bb's for the event)

Register by purchasing game tickets at Sponsor Locations starting May 7 2011.

Please note that Marauders Airsoft has changed our airsoft adventure registration process. Please visit the link below to get more information about registering for these games.

http://marauders.us/new_site/forum/view ... ?p=482#482

Sponsor locations include:

Vanguard Indoor Playground
Gearbox Airsoft
Command Post
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:44:34 PM by Marauders Airsoft »
This account posts events held by Marauders Tactical Training and Havoc War Games.  Visit www.Marauders.us for more information.

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator: Prophecies at Vanguard on May 28 (8 pm - 2 a
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 08:09:08 AM »
Registration is now open at sponsor locations:

Vanguard Indoor Playground www.VIPAirsoft.net
Val Vista and Baseline in Gilbert

Gearbox Airsoft
Southern and McClintock Drive in Tempe

Command Post
I-17 and Bell Road in Phoenix
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
This account posts events held by Marauders Tactical Training and Havoc War Games.  Visit www.Marauders.us for more information.

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 09:27:13 PM »
Time is running out to register for Terminator: Prophecies at Vanguard Indoor Playground on Saturday, May 28.

Registration at sponsor locations is closing on Thursday evening.  Game rules will be emailed out to players on Friday, May 27.

Send your questions to MTTStaff@gmail.com

Offline iKennedy

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 10:45:38 PM »
what is survivor attire if jeans and shirts are not allowed?

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 09:55:02 PM »
Survivor attire can be any airsoft appropriate clothing (tactical pants, mixed military uniforms, tactical gear, jackets, etc.)
Our staff is trying to discourage participants who are new to the sport from playing in complex scenario games.  We find that newer players come out to the events wearing jeans, t-shirts, or sweat shirts. This is the reason for this rule.

Players should remember to bring at least two grenades to the game.  Grenades can be any soft plastic or foam replica grenade.  Only grenades, m203 rockets (nerf or similar), and airsoft IED's used by bomb techs will be able to destroy terminators. AEG's will only slow terminators down to a walk.

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator: Prophecies at Vanguard moved to June 11
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 03:45:48 PM »
MTT and VIP are changing the date of Terminator: Prophecies to June 11.

Registration for the new date is taking place until June 10 at Vanguard, Gearbox Airsoft, and Command Post.

Offline Drew W.

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 04:38:02 AM »
Hey all,

I have two things to address.  First, I'm all signed up and paid for.  Alpha team has a bomb tech (wrings hands, giggling).  I'm going to love using the new toys, hehe.

Second, an issue regarding a YouTube video of the previous Terminator game (hosted at the UAC).

The excellent trailer that one of the MTTs created was unfortunately yanked from YouTube's site (apparently the music chosen for the background was not allowed to be played, as it is not royalty free nor is it creative commons licensed).  So YouTube yanked the whole video down, which means that a lot of people on this forum didn't get the chance to see it.

Solution:  I reedited MTT's already-impressive trailer with some royalty-free music by Kevin MacLeod from incomptech.com.  Only the music a some very minor pacing of the video (to match said music) has changed, in order to keep YouTube from throwing a ****-fit.  99.99% is as it was.  And of course, original credit goes to Marauder's own video editor.

Bottom Line, here's Version 2 of the trailer, perfectly free and legal:  

Terminator: Prophecies Trailer (Airsoft) (Version 2)

http://youtu.be/nVSkITTwIJ4

I figure that with the game coming up on JUNE 11th, some people could use a little incentive to sign up early and give Vanguard some serious numbers to play with.

Hope you enjoy, and I hope to see you all there.  GLHF.

~ Drew W.
~ Drew "StudMuffin" W.

My Obsession Collection:
- CA G36C AEG
- G&G M4A1 AEG
- DE M3 Shotgun (Tri-Shot)
- DIY RPG Launcher (PVC Pipe + Caulk Gun)

Offline iKennedy

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 09:21:33 AM »
Quote from: "Marauders Airsoft"
Survivor attire can be any airsoft appropriate clothing (tactical pants, mixed military uniforms, tactical gear, jackets, etc.)
Our staff is trying to discourage participants who are new to the sport from playing in complex scenario games.  We find that newer players come out to the events wearing jeans, t-shirts, or sweat shirts. This is the reason for this rule.

Players should remember to bring at least two grenades to the game.  Grenades can be any soft plastic or foam replica grenade.  Only grenades, m203 rockets (nerf or similar), and airsoft IED's used by bomb techs will be able to destroy terminators. AEG's will only slow terminators down to a walk.

while i can sort of understand what your TRYING to do, i think that is so homo. like really homo, in the butt homo. your excluding players from a game based on attire. (which civilians like myself dont just have BDUs setting around) i do not own multi cam nor do i want to buy it. i liked the idea of this game FOR the fact that i didn't have to be in BDUs and that i could have been a civilian. however you kinda just kicked my dog and now your game sounds lame. thanks for breaking that down for me.

would not civilian survivors be in some regular civilian type clothing? i dunno about you guys but when the shit hits the fan me my dickies and a tshirt are loading all my ammo and mags i can carry into my bug out bag and i'm ghost.

Offline thegovernator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
    • FOX COMPANY ARIZONA
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 09:51:27 AM »
Just fyi you can buy simple bdu's at gearbox for I think 5 or 10 bucks a piece So its really not that hard or to much to ask for to get some Tactical clothes. They are not asking you to buy an 80 dollar set.
Everybody get down!!! Their trying to kill me! YEOWWW!!!

Offline iKennedy

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 12:16:45 PM »
Its the principle really. They advertise spots for survivors in my mind survivors have what they have and make due as needed. Plus I have no use for BDUs other than to airsoft. I have black tactical pants but it seems that everywhere wants you to adhesr to some regulation of looking militant. Not my bag.

Offline thegovernator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
    • FOX COMPANY ARIZONA
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 12:27:59 PM »
Black will probably be ok for the event. Just ask.
Everybody get down!!! Their trying to kill me! YEOWWW!!!

Offline blacklotos

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 10:36:42 AM »
I for one am excited to get this game going. I plan on picking up some cheap nerf grenades for myself and maybe a few extras for teammates. from what i hear about the previous games, the teams should really try and bring as many explosives as possible. remember: Bullets(BBs) only slow them down, and this is an indoor game.

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 05:20:39 PM »
EVENT UPDATE

The staff of Terminator Prophecies is adjusting the event times to 5 pm - 10 pm.  The official schedule will be sent to registered participants tomorrow afternoon at the close of registration.

Players will still have the same amount of game as they would receive during the original schedule.  The new schedule will not interfere with the games for those in attendance by the general public.

Registration at sponsor locations will close at 7 pm Friday evening.

Please send your questions to MTTStaff@gmail.com

Offline Ziolko

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »
Wish I could attend, signed up for Xenomorph first. Good luck to everyone. Im sure it will be another outstanding MTT event!
V/R,
Ziolko

Offline Drew W.

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 06:18:56 PM »
NP Ziolko.  Either are great games, and as long as everybody has fun at either.

5 - 10 PM on Saturday, June 11th.  Roger that on the time change Marauders.

and I second that on the grenades thing.  BB's will only slow these Terminators down to a walk, and buy you time.

The only 3 ways to kill them outright are:

1)  ROLL a fake grenade at their feet (No overhand throws please)
2)  Hit them with a foam rocket from an Underbarrel Grenade Launcher (IE: M203, be careful not to headshot please)
3)  Lure them into a IED trap set by one of your team's Bomb Techs.  (Claymore or 130 decible noisemaker).

So bring grenades and memorize where the traps will be located (covered during the mission briefing at the game).

Oh, and if you're bringing a Thunder B sound grenade (I will be):  It would be a good idea to check with Brian and the Event Staff (MTT) if Thunder Bs will be allowed for use at the game.  

I called VIP last week and talked to Holly.  She said that she believed that Brian would allow their use, but that it wasn't explicitly said yes or no yet.  So it's still up in the air.

I say this because, for those that know, a Thunder B is a sound-generating grenade that clocks in at around 130 decibles (or so I believe).  It is reasonably safe, although very loud.  How lound qualifies as "too loud" can vary from person to person.  However, there will be players who are 12 years or older at this event, and that must be considered.

So bottom line, talk to Brian or the event staff.  They have FINAL SAY whether Thunder Bs are go or no-go at the event, and it would be a good idea to also find out what the general concensus of the other participants are.  If they tell me no, then I'll put mine away and be a-okay with their decision.

Anywho, see you all there.  This looks like a GOOD one.
~ Drew "StudMuffin" W.

My Obsession Collection:
- CA G36C AEG
- G&G M4A1 AEG
- DE M3 Shotgun (Tri-Shot)
- DIY RPG Launcher (PVC Pipe + Caulk Gun)