Author Topic: which online store should i choose?  (Read 4652 times)

Offline Bambi-troopers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
  • ...ice ice bambi...
    • View Profile
which online store should i choose?
« on: May 29, 2011, 11:47:28 AM »
Where is a good online airsoft company that i should buy from? Im looking for fairly cheap, and inexpensive items. alot of the places i see have good deals, and then when im ready to order; the shipping cost almost as much as my entire cart!! So??? What places are cheap and reliable? :?:

I would go down to gearbox, but its a liitle too far for me. And apd and command post are too exspensive for my taste...so im looking online.  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Jacob Schaeffer
W1A

Offline irishmaster

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
Re: which online store should i choose?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 11:52:27 AM »
you and a few guys should order together, and split SH cost
Fighter Town Airsoft
HAS THE BEST
DAM FIELDS (5) IN THE STATE

Offline xtremeairsoft

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 12:12:30 PM »
Evike has fairly good prices, and if your order is over $100 or $150 (i cant remember) you get free shipping if you type "freeship" in the coupon code.
Zach Parks

Offline QCA_Airsoft3

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 12:44:36 PM »
I would say airsoft gi for online, for an idependent store vanguard is fairly close to your location, i bought my echo 1m4 from them for 175

Offline bailey5671

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 03:19:17 PM »
the top name brands in online i think are Evike. Airsoft gi, airsplat (ehh) id go with evike
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline jcturtle26

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 03:50:16 PM »
Evike is the best place(in my opinion).

Offline MLA PRO

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 05:40:41 PM »
Airsoftgi all the way

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 03:21:43 AM »
I've made multiple orders from ASGI, all of which have been perfect. Customer service was always there and helpful if I had a question, great selection which is constantly being updated, and some of the best prices around. Also, free shipping on all orders over $100, no coupon code required! Plus you can get 10% off your entire order by using the coupon code 'hot'. They're my go-to online retailer!

Offline chasehilderbrand21

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 08:23:16 PM »
I would go with Evike or Airsoft GI. Evike has never brought me any problems.
"A friend is someone with the same enemies as you."
Abraham Lincoln

Offline Revolution Airsoft

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 10:33:08 PM »
Definitely Airsoft GI.  They do the 10% off, plus free shipping over $100.  Customer service is excellent, and their website is well-organized.  ASGI all the way!
Nik Armitage

Offline morugatu

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 01:00:31 PM »
Airsoftgi.com, you can use coupon codes to reduce the price, you get free shipping over 100 dollars no coupon code necessary, they have a rewards program, they have the largest inventory so the likelihood of your item going back-ordered is very low, if you're lucky you can find amazing price cut deals on items and their customer service top notch. I've bought damn near every item I could from them in the past three years and my team as a whole has probably spent easily thousands of dollars on their website.

As an example, they typically sell the middle line metal ICS M4's for 260, I got it on sale for 180, used a coupon code to bring it to 160, got free shipping, and it got here before the end of the week with a chronograph reading, free t-shirt, some okay safety/game scenario/maintenance fliers, and obviously the AEG I ordered. Just the simple fact that I can use coupon codes AND get free shipping beats almost any other price on websites like evike or airsplat.

My only complaint would be I wish their video reviews were way more in-depth as they typically do not talk about the internal quality of most airsoft guns they review.

Evike and airsplat are occasionally cheaper or have things you won't find on airsoftgi.com. Buy from them at your own risk. Evike has horrible inventory and every time I've attempted to order from them, the item was back-ordered. Not only were they back-ordered, but when I tried to get my money refunded, it took almost two weeks! (Which is better than some stories I've heard of people NEVER getting their money back and receiving the back-ordered item two months later). They also have a very, very, very dark history if you back several years.

I also encountered a G&G Combat Machine M4 that evike.com sold to a player recently I met who was having trouble. Turns out it wasn't a combat machine, it was the older style non-blowback version and had been incorrectly modded using the o-ring trick on the barrel for better compression which in this case created a huge lack of compression.

As for airsplat.com, their biggest failing is in their product descriptions from the times I ordered from them (they've gotten better by including full review sections) and them frequently over-pricing items that are completely outdated (like the old Dboys M4's, that crappy wanna-be DPMS Softair/Cybergun A15, etc.) Their customer service never was really helpful although may have changed recently. I've even read older horror stories of people not even recieving the correct items they ordered, although I'm sure this is a rarity with their new 'make-over'.

In short, go with airsoftgi.com unless they don't have what you're looking for. Some other great websites that have smaller inventories, ok prices, ok shipping, but excellent customer service are airsoftatlanta.com, airsoftextreme.com, and trinityairsoft.com
Name: Alex
Replicas: HFC USR 11 (PDI 240 setup), ICS L85A2 (sp120 setup), ICS Colt M4 (390fps), KJW 1911 Tactical, CA M14 (M120), and CYMA Mp5k (M120)

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 10:22:51 PM »
Also another site I've had good experiences with is Airsoft Extreme. Prices and selection can be rather limited... However they also have some stuff you can't find on other sites. Very straightforward and trustworthy site to order from.

That said, still check with ASGI first though. If they don't have something in stock you can email them and request it, they just might order it for you. Happened for a part I needed for my KJW 1911 mags. I'll be receiving my KWA HK USP Tactical from them later this week.  [smilie=armata_pdt_12.gif]

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 11:27:23 PM »
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline morugatu

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 05:38:55 PM »
Them, redwolf.com,scopeandlaser.com, uncompany.om and ehobbyasia.com are good companies that me and/or teammates have ordered from successfully and had good service. Shipping time and cost is crazy, but you save a lot if you know what you're doing. Just have to make sure the order is right as overseas stores aren't held to the same level of responsibility as domestic retailers although most will offer good customer support if you're civil and descriptive.

Also as for scopeandlaser.com, they are legitamite even though they may look shaddy. I ordered a few parts with success (took for ever for shipping, even longer than most overseas dealers) and on the third order, a part either was not put in the package or fell out. They quickly refunded my money (which may have been in part thanks to paypal) and all was good.

Just keep in mind that no dealer on the face of the Earth is going to refund shipping. This may not seem like a big deal, but Hong Kong and/or Chinese mail/shipping is pretty bad at taking care of your shipments while they're being transported.

Also use paypal whenever you order online. It just reduces the likelihood of your card number getting jacked and just adds another company that's on your side should a transaction go sour.

Another domestic dealer I feel I really need to suggest to everyone is cheapbatterypacks.com and their airsoft website eliteairsoftbatteries.com both have good service, prices, and fast shipping for where they're located. Got amazing deals on lipo's and a Hyperion smart charger.

Lastly, ebay.com is actually an EXCELLENT resource for getting amazing deals on gear. Guns not so much.
Name: Alex
Replicas: HFC USR 11 (PDI 240 setup), ICS L85A2 (sp120 setup), ICS Colt M4 (390fps), KJW 1911 Tactical, CA M14 (M120), and CYMA Mp5k (M120)

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 06:24:15 AM »
Airsoftgi is a solid company, never had any problems with order and are very friendly if you need to contact them, shipping isn't that bad since they ship right out of cali, last few times i ordered from them i think i ordered on a Friday and it got here Wednesday or Thursday of next week, so 5 days give or take for shipping.

AEX is a solid company, I've never ordered from them online, but have been in one of their stores before.

Redwolf, probably has the best selection of stuff IMO, shipping is expensive, but has always been very fast, Also i think they have a warehouse or something in the US or are really good at getting stuff through customs, becuase the few times I ordered from them the stuff game with trades and everything, nothing waxed on top or etched out.

WCG, Only ordered from them once, shipping took a little while as I think they ship directly from Hong Kong, They do however have a really great selection of items (espically G&P) and still have a lot of itmes in stock that seem to be discontinued on other sites.

Evike, Ordered from them two times, each time part of my order wasn't in stock, nothing malicious on their part or anything, and they told me upfront, the first time the backorder item took about three weeks to get to me, and the next time I think it was around a month. I haven't ordered from them since, so i don't know about their current inventories or anything, and everything did eventually get to me (the stuff that was instock took maybe a week) and the Customer service was friendly and quick. It's just that each time i ordered something listed as IN Stock on their website only to have it not come becuase it wasn't in stock, like i said nothing malicious on their part, but i will just order from other places first.

Gearbox is great, and they can probably get you anything you need if you would rather go the in person route.