Author Topic: Battery pouch on a crane stock  (Read 1739 times)

Offline nemisissy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Battery pouch on a crane stock
« on: June 06, 2011, 11:35:58 AM »
I'm considering purchasing an G4-A1 Hard w/ Noveske 10" rail blowback AEG from ASGI. Here is the link. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=6440

My current AEG is a solid-stock MP5 that has a 9.8v batt. I know that you can purchase a battery pouch for a standard sliding stock that allows you to hold larger batteries. I would prefer to keep using the battery I already own instead of the crane stock battery. My question is would the battery pouch fit on the crane stock or will I just have to suck it up and get a new battery or a full stock?

edit- I mistakenly posted this in general, I meant to post it in gear, my mistake
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest thing, the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse.." -John Stewart Mill

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Battery pouch on a crane stock
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 05:01:39 PM »
I'm sure you can tie the pack to the crane stock so it fits. If that doesnt work just get some 550 cord or duct tape and that should make it work.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline nemisissy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 05:23:21 PM »
that is true, but I would prefer not to, Mr. Murphy seems to like tapping me on the shoulder and handing me a little surprise in the middle of a firefight so i avoid that whenever possible. But it's something I will consider, thank you
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest thing, the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse.." -John Stewart Mill

Offline icorus16666

• Thieving Bastard
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 06:58:34 PM »
just buy  9.6 nunchuck or post in the for sale there is probably someone out there that has one and will trade you and maybe alittle cash on your part.
bet you mofo's wish your sig could do this. haha

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »
you could put a standard M4 butt stock on and it would hold it better, are the wires long enough to come out the rear of the crane stock and connect to the battery pouch?

Offline morugatu

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 05:19:19 PM »
If you look around on cheapbatterypacks.com, ebay.com, the for sale section, etc. I'm sure you'll find a good deal on a battery for less than $30. Crane stocks can stock nun chucks or crane stock specific batteries. They even have batteries like the one you own in a different configuration to fit in most crane stocks.
Name: Alex
Replicas: HFC USR 11 (PDI 240 setup), ICS L85A2 (sp120 setup), ICS Colt M4 (390fps), KJW 1911 Tactical, CA M14 (M120), and CYMA Mp5k (M120)

Offline nemisissy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 04:30:48 PM »
Quote from: "Fat_Santa54"
you could put a standard M4 butt stock on and it would hold it better, are the wires long enough to come out the rear of the crane stock and connect to the battery pouch?

I thought about that but I haven't even bought the rifle yet, i'm just trying to avoid spending more than I need to if theres a cheap solution, in short i'm trying to avoid buying a new stock or battery, and the promising solution is a battery pouch, but I don't know if it will work on a crane stock, but if not, instead of buying a new battery I will purchase a standard butt stock in all likelyhood.

Offline BreechUnClear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 11:54:08 AM »
My buddy used to run a KWA with a battery pouch on the side, with a fluffy cheer rest. It was comfortable and effective. Use Chinchilla fur.

Offline nemisissy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 03:08:29 PM »
thank you Breech I was beginning to think that my original question was getting lost in the conversation, thank you for the advice all I will consider all your suggestions.

Offline SLINKEY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 09:32:57 PM »
I also used to run one like that, i only had one nun chuck, so i carryed around a Ump mag pouch i had. Honestly i think they make them specificly for batterys now, but. i got some like foot long velcrow strips and i would strap them around the crane to attach the pouch to the crane stock. I could get it to fit snug into the space under the crane pressed against the slig adaptor parts on the back lower part of the crane, around where the retractable adjustment lever is.

it worked fine for me and really never got in the way..

Offline yammie r6s

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 08:37:10 AM »
crane stock batteries are fragile because of all the extra wires.. yes you could jerry rig anything.. but it sounds like a retarted idea from the get go. thats something i would do in a osh!t situation... i would buy a full stock and a new battery at GB they are dirt cheap. then if you must you can get a butt stock mag pouch to carry any size battery in a "pinch". besides... whats wrong with doing things the right way?? lol

Offline SLINKEY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 11:00:47 AM »
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=29213

how is it jerry rigging, they make them specificly to hold batterys...
I used a ump45 pouch like 3 or 4 years ago when these wernt available.

Offline nemisissy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 11:32:51 AM »
Quote from: "SLINKEY"
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_167&products_id=29213

how is it jerry rigging, they make them specificly to hold batterys...
I used a ump45 pouch like 3 or 4 years ago when these wernt available.
That's actually what i'm considering buying instead of buying a crane stock batt. Theres a few on ASGI. Maybe i'm just a stickler but I'm reluctant to place my battery outside of my stock unless i'm absolutely sure its not going to fall of, get damaged etc.