Author Topic: July 10th battle of Prescottonia  (Read 7610 times)

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: July 10th battle of Prescottonia
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2011, 10:59:49 PM »
See you guys out there tomorrow. Drive safe and bring WATER!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline Ivan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2011, 06:42:18 PM »
Thanks for coming out guys. It was a good time even though it rained a little and the tan team was outnumbered a little.

Here's the AAR:

This Sunday Tanistan came to Greenada to try and take over but was met with resistance by the Prescottonian occupants from Greenada. It seemed like very few Greenadans survived this initial battle. But they were the last to leave the battlefield.

Both countries sent for reinforcements and med-packs. However the plane carrying the reinforcement was shot down. Leaving med packs strewn all over the battlefield. The pilot ejected safely along with the nuclear device that was meant for the 'last resort' as to not be occupied by Tanistan.  

Greenadian and Tanistany soldiers amazingly picked up an almost equal amount of med packs and was able to distribute them to their soldiers.  Also a rebel scientist from the neighboring nation of beefjherkistan was able to procure the nuclear device to try and smuggle it out of Prescottonia to sell on the black market. However without the arming key this device would be worthless. It was discovered that the pilot posessed the arming key and so the hunt was on.

The final battle however was a tragic one. The beefjherkistan rebel was unable to smuggle the nuke out of Prescottonia, and was killed by a greenadian soldier who was killed trying to set the device in Tanistany lands. And finally to end this bloody chapter it was a group of fierce Tanistany soldiers seasoned in war who finally retreived the key for the nuke from the pilot and put it into play in Greenadas land demolishing it for no nation to occupy.  Ironically Greenada's intended final agenda.
Im an operator....

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2011, 08:22:47 PM »
Here are some pics from today. Sorry we didn't stay out later to take more pics, we wanted to get out of the rain and go home.

Had a good time out there today. Looking forward to the next one!
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline SpiritOfSimo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2011, 08:28:29 PM »
Quote from: "Bambi-troopers"
Have fun though, take some pics. I wanna see what i missed.  :cry:

Beautiful AO. Just beautiful.

Wait a sec... let's take a closer look at that last one....

Quote from: "Bambi-troopers"
 I wanna see what i missed.  :cry:

What you miss, won't miss you. Obviously, it was worth the drive.  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 09:32:52 PM by SpiritOfSimo »

A sheepdog can bite from any distance.

Offline Bambi-troopers

• Sergeant Major
  • ...ice ice bambi...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »
Wow.... it looks like you guys had a blast out there. I really like the picture of chris w/ the dead rag. Haha. I wish i was the one to take that photo, cause i missed my chance the last time.lol. :P.. so? Is there going to ever be another game up there. Im kind of depressed to see what i missed. But next time ill probably have my lisence. So. Ill take charge of driving myself. Hehe.
Jacob Schaeffer
W1A

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2011, 08:34:11 AM »
The next time you guys come up, take a look through the prescott national forest page's current fire regulations.

As of the time of this game, there was a fire ban in effect which prohibited the use of "air rifles and gas guns", which the rangers up here have determined inclusive of airsoft guns. http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/prescott/news/2011/06-27-2011-enhanced-fire-restrictions.shtml

I don't want snyone getting run off the fields by rangers after driving a few hours. A fine/imprisonment is pretty unlikely, but being told to leave would be pretty unfortunate for all involved after the amount of time and effort you put into getting here. Also, it might leave the airsoft community showing in a bad light in the eyes of the local forestry folk, and that's not good for anyone either.

Offline Archer

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2011, 08:41:20 AM »
Quote from: "axisofoil"
The next time you guys come up, take a look through the prescott national forest page's current fire regulations.

As of the time of this game, there was a fire ban in effect which prohibited the use of "air rifles and gas guns", which the rangers up here have determined inclusive of airsoft guns. http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/prescott/news/2011/06-27-2011-enhanced-fire-restrictions.shtml

I don't want snyone getting run off the fields by rangers after driving a few hours. A fine/imprisonment is pretty unlikely, but being told to leave would be pretty unfortunate for all involved after the amount of time and effort you put into getting here. Also, it might leave the airsoft community showing in a bad light in the eyes of the local forestry folk, and that's not good for anyone either.

well thanks for the heads up AX..... on a serious note, that is something we didnt even think about. hopefully this issue is resolved by Sept's game.

-Chris, wheres ur photos??!!
Team A.D.M.

Offline WOLFSPEC

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »
Awesome pics!! Definitely gotta go next time!

Offline ruberup

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2011, 10:28:57 AM »
A ranger drove up on us and drove right by, must not have been too big a deal.
Greg
W1A

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2011, 11:08:07 AM »
great game guys. even the rain was fun to play in for a bit. the last game i kinda got a lil out of bounds. ended up haveing to hike back almost a half mile up the road.

xTanTricK: great pics. its nice to have someone that will come out and take pics.

ivan: the only thing i think we have to work on is the lag between games. the rain delay couldnt be helped. but we could have gotten a couple more games in.
but other than that you did a great job at setting up the senerios and running the games. had a blast sunday. thank you for all the work you put into the games.

cant wait till the next game. jimmy wants to start playing on a regular basis to. its kinda funny to see him in the pics, every one in camo and him running around in jeans and a tshirt.
he told me that that was the last/only game he will wear jordans to.
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Archer

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2011, 11:39:17 AM »
Quote from: "spazz"
great game guys. even the rain was fun to play in for a bit. the last game i kinda got a lil out of bounds. ended up haveing to hike back almost a half mile up the road.

xTanTricK: great pics. its nice to have someone that will come out and take pics.

ivan: the only thing i think we have to work on is the lag between games. the rain delay couldnt be helped. but we could have gotten a couple more games in.
but other than that you did a great job at setting up the senerios and running the games. had a blast sunday. thank you for all the work you put into the games.

cant wait till the next game. jimmy wants to start playing on a regular basis to. its kinda funny to see him in the pics, every one in camo and him running around in jeans and a tshirt.

i totally agree with Spazz on teh shoes, i too was wearing tennis shoes. im next purchase is a nice pair of boots, probably converse! had a great time as well.
Team A.D.M.

Offline SpiritOfSimo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2011, 12:13:31 PM »
My apologies for forgetting to say this in my first post-game comment, but to the host, whacker55, I'd like to say thanks for planning out and hosting a great game. The AO is perfect, PERFECT for airsoft and was well worth the drive. I mean, where else in AZ can the weather be comfortable enough to allow you to wear a ghillie suit in JULY?

The flag game was a nice addition, thanks go to you (or whoever) for spending the cash and time to plant / recover them.

For constructive criticism, my only minor suggestion, is that a game have a set time limit that everyone knows, so that the last players to be eliminated from the game aren't being rushed to get back in another game by the players who have been eliminated and waiting for over an hour.

That way, we also won't have players pointlessly wondering the AO when there's no one else around and they can't tell if

i) most of the players have been eliminated and there are only a few left, or
ii) the game has actually ended, but no one said so.

Quote from: "spazz"

Yeah, we've all started airsoft like that, nothing wrong with it. It just takes time and money to get the necessary gear and support equipment.

A sheepdog can bite from any distance.

Offline commandercrash

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »
Awesome game everyone I really enjoyed myself and was very happy to meet everyone there! Props to Ivan for setting it all up.

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2011, 02:29:24 PM »
Quote from: "ruberup"
A ranger drove up on us and drove right by, must not have been too big a deal.
I've been out with campfires during bans (that I didn't find out about until after the trip) and had rangers say nothing, but I've also been out airsofting when they DID mention it, and asked us to stop (Luckily, we were all but packing up to leave anyways).
Quote from: "96black"

well thanks for the heads up AX..... on a serious note, that is something we didnt even think about. hopefully this issue is resolved by Sept's game.

I didn't even notice that it included "air rifles and gas guns" until I was checking to see if the shooting ban had been lifted in light of the recent rains. The restriction of air rifles and gas guns is normally reserved for the areas where Eagles are nesting, while they are there (copper basin is NOT in the area that eagles generally nest). They are currently out surveying and deciding whether to lift/reduce the bans. "Should" be gone by Thursday according to the email I received; that is, unless they find some huge tinder-pile completely covering the forest.

If I see another ban go up while a game is being planned, I'll try to give a heads-up. lol.

Offline Archer

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2011, 02:59:32 PM »
I didn't even notice that it included "air rifles and gas guns" until I was checking to see if the shooting ban had been lifted in light of the recent rains. The restriction of air rifles and gas guns is normally reserved for the areas where Eagles are nesting, while they are there (copper basin is NOT in the area that eagles generally nest). They are currently out surveying and deciding whether to lift/reduce the bans. "Should" be gone by Thursday according to the email I received; that is, unless they find some huge tinder-pile completely covering the forest.

If I see another ban go up while a game is being planned, I'll try to give a heads-up. lol.

Thanks AX, i was just messing with you on the heads up.
Team A.D.M.