Author Topic: Systema PTW Y U SO EXPENSIVE?!  (Read 7150 times)

Offline Blood Red Smurf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Systema PTW Y U SO EXPENSIVE?!
« on: July 18, 2011, 11:50:46 PM »
I would not drop 1.6k on a single airsoft gun..Ever unless it came with a built in satalite airstrike...maybe... why are these guns so expensive? are the gearboxes made out of gold? Lubricated with dragon tears?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Maek shure to chek out my gaemplay comentary gueis

Offline hdrox88

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
Re: Systema PTW Y U SO EXPENSIVE?!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 12:10:48 AM »
They are pricey due to their intended purpose. They weren't intended to be used in pick-up games, romps through VIP, etc. although they can be used for that if you wanted to drop the coin on one. They are meant for training purposes in place of real steel weapons.
Don't ever heezjack a Heezjacker!
€√εΓ¥ßσÐý Ð↕Σ§, ßµτ ⁿΩ┬ €√εΓ¥ßσÐý ╚│√ε$

Fighter Town Paintball & Airsoft

Offline MLA PRO

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 12:53:29 AM »
I would choose a GBBR over a Systema any day.

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 02:10:18 AM »
Quote from: "hdrox88"
They are pricey due to their intended purpose. They weren't intended to be used in pick-up games, romps through VIP, etc. although they can be used for that if you wanted to drop the coin on one. They are meant for training purposes in place of real steel weapons.
While I agree with you on this point, wouldn't it serve a much better training purpose to just buy the real thing and shoot blanks for practice, particularly when spending that kind of money..?

Offline hdrox88

• First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 08:38:07 AM »
Quote from: "xXmusicimpactXx"
While I agree with you on this point, wouldn't it serve a much better training purpose to just buy the real thing and shoot blanks for practice, particularly when spending that kind of money..?
I'm not in the world of real steel as of yet, but I would imagine blanks could get expensive over time. I am sure there are other specific reasons for such an airsoft rifle as well. Maybe to cut down on noise depending on the training location, etc.

Offline QCA_Airsoft3

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 08:48:20 AM »
I'm not in the world of real steel as of yet, but I would imagine blanks could get expensive over time. I am sure there are other specific reasons for such an airsoft rifle as well. Maybe to cut down on noise depending on the training location, etc.
Well if they cut down the noise how are they supposed to get used to high noise levels and learn how to handle the stres?

Offline hdrox88

• First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 09:18:12 AM »
Quote from: "QCA_Airsoft3"
Well if they cut down the noise how are they supposed to get used to high noise levels and learn how to handle the stres?
I'm not trying to start a debate here. I just answered a question somebody's asked, and tried to give a little insight to the purpose of the PTW. I am sure each user will have their own preferences for airsoft vs real steel. I'm also pretty sure Systema didn't make a rifle like the PTW for $hitts&Giggles.

Offline QCA_Airsoft3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 09:27:08 AM »
Lol niether am I but it seems like if they want it to be a milsim weapon they would have made it a gbbr not an aeg

Offline Crono0001

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://jagxops.com
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 09:33:16 AM »
Systema is, as they say, "working as intended"

Their target customer isn't you.  As to why they do what they do, ask a Systema owner.

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 09:40:17 AM »
Have you lifted or fired one?  Once you pull that trigger, you can sense why they are pricey.  Those internals are built with multiple ECUs for a near-instantaneous trigger response.  Not to mention the fact that they've separated the gearbox to allow quick-swapping of piston systems.  They feel real.

Why does a PTW cost as much as a low-end real steel?  One word: AMMO

The difference in cost of ammo allows the PTW to be used a heck of a lot more than real steel simply because tactical practice with airsoft ammo costs a fraction of either blanks or live fire.  IMO, the price comparison for training shouldn't be focused on the cost of the gun, but in the cost of the ammo the gun uses.

If you want to go the less-expensive route of a Systema, take a look at the Celsius CTW.
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline Toast

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 10:26:29 AM »
Systema's are intended to "replicate" real steel. They feel, operate and breakdown like their real counterparts. They lay in the area between typical airsoft replica's and simunitions. I can see the niche they are trying to fill. Current electronic simulation systems are complex and expensive, yet they can replicate "real" distances. Systema's would be an idea training aid used in close range environment being cheaper simulations, which are still somewhat hazardous.
Systema's just "happen" to be airsoft guns. It's a popular market and they make good use of it.
With that being said they too suffer from "airsoft gun" related issues.
Most of the guys I roll with use Systema's. I just haven't drank the Koolaid  8)
"Oderint Dum Metuant"

Offline Revolution Airsoft

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 10:39:48 AM »
They don't use blanks to practice for three reasons:

1.  Money.  They are expensive in the long run.

2.  How are you supposed to know if you hit your target if you're using blanks?

3.  Most importantly, blanks are TERRIBLE for real steel.  Firing one blank is like firing 500 real bullets.  They are just not meant to be used heavily in firearms.
Nik Armitage

Offline bigwavedave

• Sergeant First Class
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 01:56:15 PM »
I own a systema and i didn't spend any more on it than i would for any other high end aeg.  i enjoy the real feel of it and the trigger response is like nothing i've ever used.  I can also change cyclinders/fps in less than 5 minutes.  I also put thousands of rounds through mine and besides motor issues that are well documented, it has been very reliable.  much more than any gbbr, and still uses 120 round mags not 30 or 50 rounders like gbbrs.
Bravo Whiskey Out

Offline Paradox

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Don't tread on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 02:10:10 PM »
Dave our entire team pretty much owns a systema PTW. :)

They are accurate they have the real feel.

I can't add too much more than what Dave said in his post.

PTW= Professional Training weapon.

After using the real steel for so many years. its tough to use a piece of plastic for me IMO.

also IMO PTWs if taken care of are extremely reliable. But also can be said for owning a porsche comes the expensive repair costs. [smilie=armata_pdt_42.gif]
Team Phantom(Retired),2006-2013
Six Charlie

Offline icorus16666

• Thieving Bastard
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 08:44:26 PM »
the price is also due to supply and demand if the sold as many ptws as jg m4s it would likely come out to the 600-800 dollar range. Another thing is why do people always bag on things that are out of their budget. It was the rocket boy sales thread and now this. Myself personally am not going to buy a ptw because of poor material the receivers are made of and the availability of parts compared to a marui based m4.
bet you mofo's wish your sig could do this. haha