Author Topic: What do certain upgrades do?  (Read 2691 times)

Offline gunny77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
Re: What do certain upgrades do?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 11:35:35 AM »
damn that sucks. so would it be wiser on upgrading my gun as planned or selling it and getting a different one?
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
No man is more free then the one who doesnt give a damn what society thinks about him

Offline Shadow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 11:39:01 AM »
It's entirely up to you.  I didn't have all the money up front for a new gun, so a gradual replacement process was the way I went.  There will be others on here who say you should just go straight for the new purchase.  It really depends on your own financial situation.
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline HuskyTac

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 12:10:03 PM »
I agree with that. I did start to upgrade my E1, but that's because I have been Pick and Pulling parts from my broken CA and frankengunning it *sticking it in* to my e1. I've decided not to do any more upgrades, as I would rather spend the $$ on a new gun.

One day, my E1 will be a backup, and I will have a purdy KWA or VFC worth upgrading.... after I get my icom... then my sidearm... then my ATACS..... i just became depressed. :-X

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 12:43:14 PM »
It's entirely up to you.  I didn't have all the money up front for a new gun, so a gradual replacement process was the way I went.  There will be others on here who say you should just go straight for the new purchase.  It really depends on your own financial situation.

This, it may not be financially feasible for you to just outright buy a new gun (there are always ancillary costs like new batteries, new mags, and/or new accessories). Also I think you are getting dazzled too much by numbers, just remember that it doesn't matter if a guy has a 500fps/30rps AEG, if he doesn't see you sneaking up on him, your Echo 1  will be just as effective.
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline HuskyTac

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 01:02:14 PM »
Also Echo 1 isn't a bad gun. Sure there are more high performance guns out of the box, but my Echo shot just fine before upgrading it. I think its a great base gun, and you should play with it. Besides, it never hurts to have more then 1

Offline gunny77

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 01:37:06 PM »
Oh ya I know. Iv got 3 echo 1 m4s and I love them. I like my 614 but I want it to shoot at a higher fps its only shoting 330 right now want it at 400. and I want to put a barrel extention on it also and with the barrel extention its got terrible groupings and terrible accuacy. But with the cqb length its got amazing grouping and amazing accuarcy that what the new tbb is gona b for. But if I have to put all those upgrades into it to get it to where I want it im just gona sell it and get something else. Or play with my allready ugraded m4 and gradually build that one
No man is more free then the one who doesnt give a damn what society thinks about him

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »
Just curious... why put a barrel extension on it if the groupings are nice without it?  Did you get the 614 second-hand?  From the looks of it, most stores are selling it with 370-400 fps out of the box.  So it could very well handle a M120.
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline gunny77

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 02:52:04 PM »
What do u mean by seacond hand? And the box says 330 and it chronoed at fightertown at 333
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:58:09 PM by gunny77 »

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 03:14:33 PM »
What do u mean by seacond hand? And the box says 330 and it chronoed at fightertown at 333

As in did someone else own it before you, then sold it to you.

If they come stock at around 400fps like shadow said, but it chornos at 333fps, then the previous owner may have had work done on it.
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline gunny77

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 03:31:32 PM »
No im the first owner. And inside the original gun box it says 330 fps

Offline yammie r6s

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
If you really want to get into the knowledge of gear boxes go on airsoftmechanics.com
Btw the last g&p I bought chromo 400 out of the box

Offline HuskyTac

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 12:57:25 PM »
When I popped open my original E1 gearbox, the gears did look pretty sturdy and well built. I would imagine it can handle the heavier spring. Might as well just upgrade the spring considering its not that expensive.
Just be careful opening your gearbox if you do it, things shall fly across the room :P

I..hate..the anti-reversal latch.....

Offline gunny77

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 07:34:41 PM »
When I popped open my original E1 gearbox, the gears did look pretty sturdy and well built. I would imagine it can handle the heavier spring. Might as well just upgrade the spring considering its not that expensive.
Just be careful opening your gearbox if you do it, things shall fly across the room :P

I..hate..the anti-reversal latch.....
I will nver open another gear box by my self. I still cant find the pieces I lost. Ill take it to andy