Author Topic: What do certain upgrades do?  (Read 2686 times)

Offline gunny77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
What do certain upgrades do?
« on: August 30, 2011, 01:16:50 PM »
So I just got a new echo 614 and here soon I will b having andy from aai put a tbb and a higher fps spring in my gun. But what exactky is the purpose of other upgrades like hi torqu motors and hi torq gears and steel bushings and better pistons and all that good stuff. And is it good to spend the moneu on these kind of things? Cuz my 614 allready has a pretty decent ROF. It only shoots about 330 fps witch will b what the new spring is for but what other upgrades should I think about putting into my gun
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
No man is more free then the one who doesnt give a damn what society thinks about him

Offline VangaurdPlaya

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: What do certain upgrades do?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 03:59:26 PM »
High speed gears steel tooth piston and and a high speed motor if u wanna raise fps and maybe a lipo

Offline hdrox88

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 04:25:03 PM »
High speed gears steel tooth piston and and a high speed motor if u wanna raise fps and maybe a lipo
High speed gears and high speed motor will not increase fps, it will increase rps.
Don't ever heezjack a Heezjacker!
€√εΓ¥ßσÐý Ð↕Σ§, ßµτ ⁿΩ┬ €√εΓ¥ßσÐý ╚│√ε$

Fighter Town Paintball & Airsoft

Offline VangaurdPlaya

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 04:25:42 PM »
thats what i meant  :P

Offline VangaurdPlaya

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 04:26:37 PM »
the f is next to the r  :)

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 05:41:25 PM »
Maybe you should wait until you get onto a computer to post, smartphones have made convergence possible for many people, but it will never beat a good old keyboard and mouse.

Anyway in answer to your question, why do people get stuff like high torque gears and motors? Each part has a different purpose, you'd use a high torque motor/gear setup to pull anything above an M120 spring. As was already said high speed gears and motors will increase rate of fire. Higher end pistons tend to last longer than the cheaper ones, especially if you are trying any of the aforementioned upgrades, i.e. more rps or more fps.

In answer to what upgrades to put in, it'd help if you tell us what your goal is, do you want more fps, rps, a more durable gearbox, more distance with your shots, or a quieter setup overall?
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline gunny77

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 07:18:58 PM »
In answer to what upgrades to put in, it'd help if you tell us what your goal is, do you want more fps, rps, a more durable gearbox, more distance with your shots, or a quieter setup overall?
Well higher fps. More accurate and tighter groupings. More distance. Its allready pretty quiet and a like the rate of fire it has now.

How is the durability of stock echo 1 gearboxes and parts?
No man is more free then the one who doesnt give a damn what society thinks about him

Offline icorus16666

• Thieving Bastard
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 08:23:26 PM »
just tell andy what you want your gun to do and he will make it happen. what i mean is tell him what range fps and rps you want he will tell if it is doable and what it will cost.
bet you mofo's wish your sig could do this. haha

Offline gunny77

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 09:26:33 PM »
Ya thats basically what I did im just trying to get a quick education on the technical side of this sport cuz I have no idea what any of this stuff is or does. Now if it was a paintball gun or real gun I could tell u the inside and out of those in a split seacond but airsoft is something else. Im also new to the aport so im just interested in wondering how I should go about upgrading my gun what I need to get what I should get whats worth the money amd whats not

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 09:33:57 PM »
Google is your friend.

Offline gunny77

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 09:48:05 PM »
Google is your friend.
Me and google dont really get along very well. We have problems. Lol.  And im just looking to get some ideas on what to put in my gun and what its for. Like idk if I should put a new gear box in my gun or keep the stock one thats allready in there cuz the stock gear box is a metal gear box. And like do I get a new piston or keep the stock one. Basically im just asking if echo 1 makes good quality internal parts that r durable and put out a good performance or if I need to upgrade everything cuz its all gona take a dump on me sometime soon? And also iv been looking at upgraded parts online and some of them .say certain other upgrades r required to power the one specific upgrade.

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 12:43:49 AM »
Google is your friend.
Me and google dont really get along very well. We have problems. Lol.  And im just looking to get some ideas on what to put in my gun and what its for. Like idk if I should put a new gear box in my gun or keep the stock one thats allready in there cuz the stock gear box is a metal gear box. And like do I get a new piston or keep the stock one. Basically im just asking if echo 1 makes good quality internal parts that r durable and put out a good performance or if I need to upgrade everything cuz its all gona take a dump on me sometime soon? And also iv been looking at upgraded parts online and some of them .say certain other upgrades r required to power the one specific upgrade.

The higher end stuff tends to have prerequisites, the spring example comes to mind, you can't throw in anything higher than an M120 into a stock gearbox without upgrading some of the other stuff.
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 08:50:45 AM »
Be careful when dropping a M120 spring or higher in a stock E1 gearbox.  I've seen the gearbox crack as a result after a couple hundred rounds.  They generally come stock with M100 or M110 already.

In General:
High Speed Motors = ROF increase
High Torque Motors = Can pull stronger springs for higher FPS
Lighter Pistons = ROF increase
LiPo Batteries = Quicker trigger response and ROF increase
M### Springs = The higher the number, the higher the FPS
Tightbore Barrels = Tighter groupings
Hopup Upgrades (concave spacers, buckings) = Better accuracy
Air Nozzles & Piston Heads = Better compression, more consistent FPS, possibly quieter
Higher-End Gears = Works with higher torque motors/springs/pistons/LiPos to they don't strip
Higher-End Gearboxes = Works same as above so the box doesn't crack
Heavier BBs = Consistent accuracy at the cost of some FPS

That's not the airsoft upgrade bible, but might help you pick what might be a decent place to start when thinking about upgrading for a specific purpose.  Remember, if you're upgrading your gun for something like a field DMR, you're not concerned about increasing your ROF... you'd be looking at things like better compression and accuracy for more consistent semi-auto shots... maybe try and get it a little quieter.

It all depends what you want to do.  Just remember that upgrading parts will definitely cause additional wear and tear and you'll want to supplement those upgrades with others before something gets destroyed.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:52:58 AM by TPA_shadow »
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline gunny77

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »
so im putting a new spring in my gun to get my gun from 330 fps to 400 fps and also a tbb fur sure. so do i need to put a more durable gearbox in my gun also then? and since im putting a heavyer spring in my gun do i need to put a new motor in it also then? and if i put a hi torqe motor in it do i have to put hi torqe gears in it?

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 11:13:02 AM »
so im putting a new spring in my gun to get my gun from 330 fps to 400 fps and also a tbb fur sure. so do i need to put a more durable gearbox in my gun also then? and since im putting a heavyer spring in my gun do i need to put a new motor in it also then? and if i put a hi torqe motor in it do i have to put hi torqe gears in it?

And now you see the endless, expensive cycle of airsoft upgrades :)

If you're trying to get to ~400fps w/0.20g, you'll likely be using a M120 spring.  I'm not 100% positive if the stock E1 motor has enough torque to pull the spring for very long.  You may end up burning the motor out quickly, and the gearbox may gradually crack.

A M110 spring will likely put you at about ~365fps w/0.20g.  Stock E1 motors should be able to pull a M110 spring with no problems considering that's what most stock E1 M4s run out of the box.  Is it really worth all that hassle and money to get another 35fps out of an E1?  Good question worth asking.  I bring this up because that's exactly what I did.  I started with a stock E1 M4A1 Stag-15.  Now, after putting a couple hundred into the gun with upgrades, the only thing original is the external barrel.  I could have just bought a new gun outright with the money I spent on it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:17:04 AM by TPA_shadow »
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang