Author Topic: can you confirm battery length  (Read 1310 times)

Offline BG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
can you confirm battery length
« on: April 21, 2012, 05:11:55 AM »
Hi gang, just a quick question. I just received a KWA M4 CQB, with a LiPo battery. It really looks like the wrong battery to me though. it is about a 1/2" or more longer than the handguards minus the bevel on the guards to lock in. Actually the total battery length is nearly the entire length of the guards. Even if I cram it forward as far as it will go, the batt. sticks out onto the D-ring. I think the battery is too long. I dont want to use the gun/battery until I hear back from Evike. There are no markings on the battery, only a red sticky dot. Does geabox have batteries there? I have never been there. This was ordered through evike. Anyone have a similar AEG/LiPo setup that can confirm the corret battery length?
The batt. dimensions are 16.5cm x 1.9cm x 1.5cm (6.5" x 3/4" x 5/8")Thanks in adance,
BG
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:08:54 AM by BG »

Offline ghosthollow53

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
Re: can you confirm battery length
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 07:12:06 AM »
I think you have a buffer tube LiPo. They are made to go in an m4 buffertube that is rear wired
I use to airsoft, then I took a BB to the knee.

Paradox Division Airsoft Team; Rifleman; Fireteam Alpha

Offline BG

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 08:04:01 PM »
Went to gearbox today, they said the same thing. Great start to the hobby. The KWA is dead completely now by the way. I bought a new batt. From gearbox, and after about 25bb's it just completely quit on me. No motor sound, nothin. Just dead trigger. Dagnabbit!!

Offline INFIDEL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • You can never have to many mags.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 08:25:10 PM »
while messing with the battery you may have pulled the wire connections loose. i would start there.
PLUGGING MY SALE THREAD WITHOUT SHAME!
http://www.airsoftarizona.com/index.php?topic=33078.0
On Field Callsign: Rig
Freelancer Airsoft Group - FLAG

Offline Old Dog

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Master Sergeant
  • No Longer Cujo :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 08:36:51 PM »
Went to gearbox today, they said the same thing. Great start to the hobby. The KWA is dead completely now by the way. I bought a new batt. From gearbox, and after about 25bb's it just completely quit on me. No motor sound, nothin. Just dead trigger. Dagnabbit!!

Just a thought BG, was the battery fully charged when you bought it? Your short time shooting may have drained the batteries partial charge...
Frequently they need a charge before using many time batteries are shipped from the factory partially charged and need to be fully charged before use, does your manual mention this... If all your connections are good, might try the charge route...

Good Luck !!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:39:43 PM by Old Dog »
I am just a chalk line on the sidewalk waiting for the next rain to wash me off...
For the time I am here I am what I am...

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 10:11:16 PM »
could also be a motor lead that came off.
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline BG

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 06:23:47 AM »
Thanks for the replies folks. Because it is a possible warranty issue, here are the tests I have done so far. I checked battery voltage and it is ok(fully charged from balance charger). Checked voltage to both side of the fuse, that's okay. Checked fuse continuity, that is also okay. Tried with another new battery, and same testing. So the problem has to be further back, either the trigger, the selector switch(maybe) or possible motor problem??

Offline INFIDEL

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 07:02:47 AM »
but have you checked the wire connection going from the battery to the gearbox, past the fuse.

and as spazz said, take the bottom of your grip of and make sure the motor leads are connected snuggly. mfacts have a habit of poorly sucuring motor leads...

Offline BG

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 07:38:38 AM »
Oh I totally agree, but the warranty stated that any further troubleshooting can void the warranty. So that was the only reason I hadn't gone any further.

Offline BG

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 12:05:34 PM »
Okay, you guys piqued my curiosity. Long story short, positive motor terminal was disconnected. Two questions if you don't mind. The metal circle inside goes under the brass adjuster screw yes? And what is proper motor height adjustment thank you guys for your inputs..
BTW KWA is back online. Evike still owes me a LiPo battery though.  :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:08:46 PM by BG »

Offline INFIDEL

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 03:53:50 PM »
well. the metal circle goes center on the motor, you but plate (the thing you took off) might even have a circle ish hole in it.

if you DIDN'T touch that center "hieght" screw you shouldn't have to touch it now. other wise FYL its hard to explain the right hieght, you have to wing it and listen for when the motor sounds propper, but if you set it wrong your just going to grind down the bevel gear and fuck it up.

Offline BG

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »
Yeah your right the plate does have a circular molding to it, so just wanted to be sure. I haven't made any adjustments to it anyway, it is factory set. I have about 700 bb's through it now, and so far so good. Not too bad at 50 feet. Hey thanks for all the insight folks.
BG