Linked Events

• OP GREENHORN 2 : June 16, 2012

Author Topic: Team Phantom Hosts OP GREENHORN II June 16th  (Read 28114 times)

Offline TheCzM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Team Phantom Hosts OP GREENHORN II June 16th
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2012, 03:44:40 PM »
Great day in strawberry! Awesome game once again thanks to team phantom. Go tan team!
"Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord" but He subcontracts.

Offline svataz

• Sergeant First Class
  • leader of shadowviper,lion claw angel gun supplier
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com/shadowviperaz
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2012, 04:35:15 PM »
Great game love the ao go green all the way
Facebook.com/shadowviperaz

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2012, 09:25:15 PM »
That was a fantastic day. Lots of friendly fire ( I was guilty of it too), hopefully in the future people who insist on playing together can follow the uniform requirements that are clearly posted at the beginning of the thread instead of playing on the wrong team wearing opposing teams uniforms without any indication that they are not on your team.... if you want to play together, bring the same uniform.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

Great game, great sportsmanship everyone. Definitely worth the drive up. Tan team was definitely outgunned in the sniper department, but I hope the two of us were able to keep your heads down.

Offline foxide

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2012, 03:02:10 AM »
great game today, i agree with nuke about the uniform rule by the way, and people who dont show up in any uniform (guy in shorts and a tshirt) shouldnt even play because we cant tell who youre even with...in regards to finding the AO, as i already stated to paradox, it was kind of complicated since you said to look for the tree with orange tape (there were 2 along the road) and we went to that one...followed the instructions that said stay to the right (oddly enough the wrong entrance we took with orange tape had other trees with orange tape going right, yours actually went LEFT), next time instead of gps coordinates (which according to my phone were off by about 1/2 mile) maybe just give mile marker indications (for those who dont have gps devices) and if you guys knew about the other orange tape the day before...maybe you shouldve cut it down and my team wouldnt have driven around for 40 minutes looking for people at the wrong location :) all complaining aside i had fun despite a bought of heat exhaustion (instead of a constant 3 hour game, how about maybe 2-2 hour games with a 30 minute hydration/food break in between?) going for a solid 3 hours even with hydration is a lot for some of us out of shape folks haha, but all in all i still intend on coming to more TPA hosted games for sure :)
I'm a shadow, one that no light will shine on. As long as you follow me, you'll never see the day.
~Old Snake~

www.dc-ops.com

Offline McMoose

• Corporal
  • Six Charlie Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2012, 07:26:00 AM »
great game today, i agree with nuke about the uniform rule by the way, and people who dont show up in any uniform (guy in shorts and a tshirt) shouldnt even play because we cant tell who youre even with...in regards to finding the AO, as i already stated to paradox, it was kind of complicated since you said to look for the tree with orange tape (there were 2 along the road) and we went to that one...followed the instructions that said stay to the right (oddly enough the wrong entrance we took with orange tape had other trees with orange tape going right, yours actually went LEFT), next time instead of gps coordinates (which according to my phone were off by about 1/2 mile) maybe just give mile marker indications (for those who dont have gps devices) and if you guys knew about the other orange tape the day before...maybe you shouldve cut it down and my team wouldnt have driven around for 40 minutes looking for people at the wrong location :) all complaining aside i had fun despite a bought of heat exhaustion (instead of a constant 3 hour game, how about maybe 2-2 hour games with a 30 minute hydration/food break in between?) going for a solid 3 hours even with hydration is a lot for some of us out of shape folks haha, but all in all i still intend on coming to more TPA hosted games for sure :)

Haha... yeah we about fell for that first orange tape also. I got a bunch of traffic cones at work, maybe I can loan you some for next game. But was a good game.

Offline svataz

• Sergeant First Class
  • leader of shadowviper,lion claw angel gun supplier
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com/shadowviperaz
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2012, 09:50:43 AM »
Loved the battles a sniper game with objectives was great time frame on games great love long games. Ao was interesting to find but all turned out good.
Facebook.com/shadowviperaz

Offline Artac

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2012, 12:29:03 PM »
This was my first Team Phantom hosted game, and you guys set a pretty high bar for your games after this. Excellent field(Free!), great turnout, I have no clue how many actually showed up but it made for a great game, lastly all the participants from my point of view were very honorable; i.e. no issues with people not calling their shots. All in all good game guys I look forward to your next one!

Offline SG-1

• Corporal
  • Do it! Do it now! Do it well!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »
I counted over 50 players with more on tan than on green but only by about 5.  I agree that the dude in the shorts should've come more prepared but I think it was his first game.  I'll cut him some slack for that reason.  I think the creators did a great job organzing it and even though I am not a sniper, I loved that aspect to the game.  It really kept me on my toes (and on my butt a couple of times).  I give props to the green team for holding 4/5 flags for the first half of the game.  You all were well organized and did a great job.  I was getting frustrated by not being able to advance on any side I turned.  But, I have to give tan the higher praise for sniping the asset, disarming the bomb and routing the green team at the end. 
   The bomb was awesome and so were the control points.  I appreciate all the hard work TPA put into this!  Good job guys!
Sixth Column
Team Phantom Retiree

Offline SVT Cobra

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2012, 11:05:35 PM »
I had a great time! Many new memories where made at this game haha. Thanks team phantom for putting this together, it was a great success!
I am the same SVT Cobra on Airsoft Retreat.

Offline TeamPhantom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • U.S. National Airsoft Federation
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2012, 07:28:46 AM »
We want to thank everyone who came out and made this happen. The day couldn't have gone better. I know the 3 hours was a bit long however it wasn't far from the staging area should someone need to fix something. Which IMO was a nice feature of that area we choose.

We want to give praise to the snipers of that game. Without you we wouldn't have had a great game. There were some absolutely amazing shots from you guys.

Great team work!

Thanks again!

Look forward to more Greenhorn OP's in the near future.

Offline TeamPhantom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »
After-Action Report:

Green had a stranglehold on four of the five flag points right from the start of the game and dominated those points for roughly two-thirds of the entire event.  From the onset, Tan had a difficult time consolidating its forces in order to make a much-needed push and balance out the playing field.  At around 10:30 AM, the game-changing call had been made.  A Tan sniper had managed to infiltrate Green's territory and assasinate his target (Score Tan: 25, Green: 0), made his way over to the dead body and confiscated the vital intel for disarming the bomb in the middle of the field.  The Tan sniper then made his way back to the Tan forces and disclosed that he needed to get to the bomb and disarm it since he had the instructions.  After an hour of stalemate fighting, Green's right flank finally collapsed after a Tan surge pushed its way through the trees and brush.  Tan had successfully taken a large point lead after disarming the bomb, Tan 75: Green: 0.

At that point, Tan had control of the majority of flag points and was desperately holding onto its point lead with about 45 minutes of playing time left.  Green managed to target and assasinate a few of Tan's assets, bringing the score close to a tie.  However, Tan managed to remove two Green assets to close out the game.

Final Score: Tan 125, Green 75

Thanks to everyone who came out and participated.  There were well over 50 people in attendance.  Thanks to Tempe Paintball for donating items for a surprise raffle!  Thank you for the constructive feedback.  We look forward to planning our next OP and will be taking everything into consideration.

All-in-all, the game was a large success.  This was a new scenario type that had never been tried before, with snipers playing an extremely vital role in the outcome of the game.  As far as we knew, outside of one or two situations, the increased FPS limit did not have a negative impact.

Offline foxide

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »
not sure who the girl is who was taking the pictures but when/where might we be able to see them? would like to put them on our teams site :)
I'm a shadow, one that no light will shine on. As long as you follow me, you'll never see the day.
~Old Snake~

www.dc-ops.com

Offline TeamPhantom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2012, 11:04:14 AM »
That was SVATaz's wife

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2012, 11:12:27 AM »
not sure who the girl is who was taking the pictures but when/where might we be able to see them? would like to put them on our teams site :)

svataz's wife.  They'll probably be up on FB... which means I'll have to hijack my wife's FB account to see them since I don't use FB...
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline Nofatchicks

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2012, 12:09:50 PM »