Author Topic:  (Read 2187 times)

Offline HavHav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: April 07, 2004, 02:24:10 PM »
Although I don't know that much about politics or being politically correct, this is just getting out of hand. Anyone looks suspicious. Resisting arrest. Kill them. Do you want that person comming back to kill you? Hurting innocent civilians? We need to finish our 'nation remodelling' and get the hell out of Iraq. Get a good government in place, give them some money, let people invest in businesses that are being started in Iraq, get their economy going, and get out of Iraq. Maybe then we can focus on the problems in our own country. Better yet, instead of Iraq, maybe Etheopia might be harboring some terrorists, hiding weapons of mass destruction, etc. Yes, its great we got Saddam out of power, but Iraq doesn't have a couple thousand kids being starved to death every day. Maybe before we go rebuild another nation, we can use the money to boost our own economy to possibly let us be more effective when it comes to helping others.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by HavHav »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 02:28:04 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HavHav</i>
<br />Although I don't know that much about politics or being politically correct, this is just getting out of hand. Anyone looks suspicious. Resisting arrest. Kill them. Do you want that person comming back to kill you? Hurting innocent civilians? We need to finish our 'nation remodelling' and get the hell out of Iraq. Get a good government in place, give them some money, let people invest in businesses that are being started in Iraq, get their economy going, and get out of Iraq. Maybe then we can focus on the problems in our own country. Better yet, instead of Iraq, maybe Etheopia might be harboring some terrorists, hiding weapons of mass destruction, etc. Yes, its great we got Saddam out of power, but Iraq doesn't have a couple thousand kids being starved to death every day. Maybe before we go rebuild another nation, we can use the money to boost our own economy to possibly let us be more effective when it comes to helping others.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
There is a more simple solution; 1 big freakin nuke for the whole damn middle east![:P] PROBLEM SOLVED!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline Pheonix 797

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 04:26:59 PM »
Hey busta, geopolitics and everything the United States of America stands for says "NO"!

I know that you are just kidding. The truth is the war reflects so much more than just the grand'ol US of A saving the world, it also speaks of mankind. We have been on somewhat of a spiral for many years now, I think that it's just the start of something much larger. I know this sounds cheesy, introspective and stupid, but think for a moment. Take one minute out of your busy lives and think. Where is humanity headed?

Thus endeth the sermon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Pheonix 797 »

Offline Screwloose

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 04:41:27 PM »
Nate I have been thinking the same thing for a long time now. But I would love to agree with Busta too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Screwloose »
Some people hunt animals with bullets, We hunt people with plastic.
Desert Ghosts

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 04:52:25 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pheonix 797</i>
<br />Where is humanity headed?

Without getting into a philosophical argument, my answer is <i>it depends on who you ask</i>.

One could argue that if every terrorist, anti-American, or anti-democratic a-hole in the world is eliminated, we will have a much easier time living our lives.  It could also be said that this is not possible.  No matter how many "bad guys" are killed, more will rise up in their place.  

Here's the real question:  What are YOU going to do to make this country a better place?  To put forth an effort to make it a better, more liveable, and more productive country is what makes a "patriot".  Listening to Toby Keith and slapping a US Flag sticker on your car is not patriotic.  Helping your country is.

So...

<i><b>What have you done for America today?</b></i>
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Pheonix 797

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 04:58:21 PM »
Ah yes. Speaking of which, why don't you do what I've done, DONATE!!!

I've made donations to troops families and the troops themselves out of every one of my paychecks. I find the name of someone random who has a loved one overseas and will pay a bill etc.

Try it, it's fun!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Pheonix 797 »

Offline PyroManiac

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 05:45:11 PM »
I think we should vocus on our own country before we start worrying about others! i mean we have starving people too! It makes me sick when i hear how much we're spending on these folks and what do they do? they kill some of our soldiers! im all for preemptive strikes but if they dont want our help why should we give it to them?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by PyroManiac »
\"War isn\'t about who\'s right, it\'s about who\'s left\" -Unknown

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 06:23:07 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PyroManiac</i>
<br />I think we should vocus on our own country before we start worrying about others! <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You're right!

Next time we get bombed by Al Qaida, we'll just donate some cash to the St. Vincent DePaul foodbank.

My point is that what's outside the country affects what goes on inside.  The world is bigger than the USA, and only when we start to realize this, will we become more secure and be able to focus on old domestic issues.

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 06:51:59 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PyroManiac</i>
<br />im all for preemptive strikes but if they dont want our help why should we give it to them?

Preemptive strike?  This is just the Gulf war (1991) continued. The Gulf War '91 was ended due to the surrender that Saddam Hussein signed. That alone stopped the fighting/war in Iraq in '91. In that surrender, there were quite a few conditions that needed to be met. He broke most of them - for almost 12 years - and ignored requests/mandates to abide by them. Thus, according to the UN Resoltions, we revert back to the state before the surrender which was a state of war.  Or am I missing something?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paco »

Offline Ninja

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 08:12:33 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HavHav</i>
<br />Anyone looks suspicious. Resisting arrest. Kill them.

Keep in mind that there are human beings on each end of that situation.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ninja »
\"The old 1911 continues along its way to replacing the dog as man\'s best friend.\" -Jeff Cooper

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 08:36:15 PM »
Our soldiers are human beings too...I think weve helped enough, time to show them we mean business. Maybe they need to just start firing blanks every so often to keep people inside.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by HavHav »

Offline SHIFTY1944

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2004, 08:37:23 PM »
Yes,we have had that many troops killed...I bet their losses are 3 times that.They never mention their losses on a day to day basis on our news.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SHIFTY1944 »

Offline thatoneguy92088

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2004, 08:55:20 PM »
Well we all agree that we do not want to see anymore people dead, friendly or not.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by thatoneguy92088 »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2004, 09:03:06 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by thatoneguy92088</i>
<br />Well we all agree that we do not want to see anymore people dead, friendly or not.

I don't agree.

Osama dead?  Good.

All of Al Qaida dead?  Good.

Castro dead?  Good.

Arafat dead?  Good.

Get it?

And I think Paco hit it on the head when it comes to our presence there.  Rules?  Do the insurgents follow the Geneva Conventions?  War is War.  Declared or not.  If there are bullets flying and people dying, it's a war.

Offline Ninja

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2004, 09:04:16 PM »
That was precisely my point HavHav, that the American soldier in Iraq is a human being who's having to deal with all this. It would be disastrous for that soldier if anyone tried to do what you recommend.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ninja »
\"The old 1911 continues along its way to replacing the dog as man\'s best friend.\" -Jeff Cooper