Author Topic: New Guys, Please Read! Make your first posts here!!  (Read 701554 times)

Offline psycost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
Re: New Guys, Please Read! Make your first posts here!!
« Reply #1215 on: March 10, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »
If we all stayed in our lanes, nothing exciting would happen. ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Support our troops!
WE\'RE SURROUNDED, NOW THEY CAN\'T GET AWAY! - CHESTY PULLER U.S.M.C.
Silent Souls leave .308 holes.

Offline Kariudo

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 11, 2009, 12:14:42 AM »
Quote from: "Doc Hollywood"
FYI, "Captain" is a rank or title that is earned and granted by competent authority.  Typically it refers to a company grade officer, except in the Navy where it is a field grade because the Navy drives boats.  A captain is also the commander of a ship, sailing vessel, etc, who has earned the title under sail and salt and through the respect of his crew.

You are no captian.

-_- you dont get the reference. Captain in the nickname does not mean i'm a captain again its a nickname of mine. not a rank. i'm pretty sure the fine line between friends calling someone Superman and that guy actually jumping out a window thinking he can fly is quite obvious.

Offline Ferrarilove1

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 11, 2009, 06:09:03 PM »
Hello, this is my second post. I have a G&G GR-16 R5 and I'm getting an SIIS Desert Eagle, still don't know what gear to get and thats about it. And I have to agree with Kariudo, it's just a nickname i.e. on a little league team is someone was called Arod, they really weren't Alex Rodrigus , it's not meant to be taken seriously.

Offline 'H&K-G3spot-H&K'

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 11, 2009, 07:08:53 PM »
Im 18 and I used to not be a newbie on this website, I had over 200 posts but had to change my email for certain reasons, but I guess I get to be a newbie again for another ten posts OH-YEAHHHH. Ive been airsofting for over 6 years, go  to college, fire guns and also getting a degree and going into law inforcment. Apart from airsofting, work, and college, I do airsofting, go to college, and work and shoot more guns. And repeat the process FOREVEEEEEEEEER.

Offline 'H&K-G3spot-H&K'

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 12, 2009, 05:45:29 PM »
Can we post now on the rest of the website now or do we have to wait until we get 10 posts. Azsarge didnt really make it as clear as i would of hoped. If that is the case then why did somebody have to go and create a rule like that.

Offline psycost

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 12, 2009, 10:26:27 PM »
you can post anywhere on the forum.
Support our troops!
WE\'RE SURROUNDED, NOW THEY CAN\'T GET AWAY! - CHESTY PULLER U.S.M.C.
Silent Souls leave .308 holes.

Offline anguyenmp

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 13, 2009, 12:32:33 AM »
I'm Andrew.  Got some cheap guns earlier on when i was a little kid just little AA powered mini aegs.  Ive recently gotten into the betterstuff.  I got a dboys m4 full metal and now im about to get a CA m15a4.  Pretty new to airsoft, trying to learn everything about the gun and how they work.  Anyone want to explain?  obviously i know that there is a motor which compresses a spring and then the spring is released which fires a gun.  I know a lot about batteries like nickle cadmiums nickle metal hydrides lithium polymers lithium ion lithium iron phosphate and stuff. So yeah airsoft is fun, i just gota find a place to play so i dont get busted by the cops for playing at a park with some friends like i just did tonight.  If you know any places that are private property where its cheap and not far from chandler/tempe let me know thanks!

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 13, 2009, 01:41:34 AM »
Quote from: "anguyenmp"
I'm Andrew.  Got some cheap guns earlier on when i was a little kid just little AA powered mini aegs.  Ive recently gotten into the betterstuff.  I got a dboys m4 full metal and now im about to get a CA m15a4.  Pretty new to airsoft, trying to learn everything about the gun and how they work.  Anyone want to explain?  obviously i know that there is a motor which compresses a spring and then the spring is released which fires a gun.  I know a lot about batteries like nickle cadmiums nickle metal hydrides lithium polymers lithium ion lithium iron phosphate and stuff. So yeah airsoft is fun, i just gota find a place to play so i dont get busted by the cops for playing at a park with some friends like i just did tonight.  If you know any places that are private property where its cheap and not far from chandler/tempe let me know thanks!
Heres a tip. Posting stupid useless information in dead or new topics was not only a dumb and obvious attempt to get rid of the status, but its also a good way to get your ass banned or knocked around. Some of us use the new post search, and actual enjoy reading intelligent responses. Now stop your bullshit. Torpedo delivered. Fix up your act and you could have a nice time here. Welcome to the forums.
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline Firebert

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 13, 2009, 07:08:48 AM »
Quote from: "Exarach"
Heres a tip. Posting stupid useless information in dead or new topics was not only a dumb and obvious attempt to get rid of the status, but its also a good way to get your ass banned or knocked around. Some of us use the new post search, and actual enjoy reading intelligent responses. Now stop your bullshit. Torpedo delivered. Fix up your act and you could have a nice time here. Welcome to the forums.

And I guess you were never a noob yourself....

Offline 'H&K-G3spot-H&K'

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 13, 2009, 09:16:05 AM »
Everbody is a noob before they get better at anything no matter what it is. I guess EXARCH is just a little better of a noob then a guy named firebert because he doesent post a 4 worded pointless comment that has no meaning to it whatsoever. But yeah we all are still noobs at a lot of stuff.

Offline Nitro1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 13, 2009, 09:34:35 AM »
It's amazing that this forum doesn’t die because the way some members are talked to, "especially new members". There are a few VERY unhappy members here on AA that treat people like crap for NO reason. When I say unhappy, I mean unhappy with themselves so they take it out on others.
Deal With It...

Offline Exarach

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 13, 2009, 11:12:53 AM »
Quote from: "'H&K-G3spot-H&K'"
Everbody is a noob before they get better at anything no matter what it is. I guess EXARCH is just a little better of a noob then a guy named firebert because he doesent post a 4 worded pointless comment that has no meaning to it whatsoever. But yeah we all are still noobs at a lot of stuff.
 :) Going to smack you when i see you this weekend pat.
Quote from: "Firebert"
Quote from: "Exarach"

And I guess you were never a noob yourself....

Wow...... love that intelligent response. I log on here at one in the morning, tired, just got back from school, and think ahhh... Airsoft Arizona  :)  Then I hit new post, and am like, wait.... I have seen these before... and they all have only had one thing added! Is it good? Relevant?? The succinct and wonderfully descriptive poetic verse: "try craigslist" Now apart from being a little tired, and quite a bit angry now, i didn't go and flame everyone of the useless posts. Here's the bottom line, If this is a one time deal, fine, like I said, whatever, but for the love of god don't keep doing it. I went batshit crazy last night (probably because it was 1) and tried to express my point. You can call me whatever you feel like, but this has got to stop. Also, to FireBert my man, look through my posts, never gonna find one where i posted ten, less then 3 line responses in one hour. I don't care if a person makes a mistake because they are new, just when they are new, and make 10 annoying mistakes. Whatever. Like I said, welcome to the forums, but please knock off the spam.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:25:54 AM by Exarach »
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline Exarach

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 13, 2009, 11:13:22 AM »
double  ](*,)
might as well use it.
I have never claimed not to be a noob in airsoft, hell we all are, there is always much much more to learn, just because I can break down a mechbox, doesn't mean I can cast a KWA slide or hand craft metal parts for my weapons, or make custom gear, there is always more to learn in the world. So am I still a Noob? Yep.
Also, to Nitro1 you have met me, and me you, and I am 100% happy with myself. :) I rarely if ever go negative on anyone on the these forums, and am often very supportive to people who need advice or a boost, both on AA and off. I just don't see the need to sugar coat my words to someone who isn't even willing to put forth the minimal effort needed to read the forum rules, and take all of five minutes to look around, before he realizes that what he is doing is probably a dumb idea. Whatever. Hope to see you on the field sometime.
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"

Offline anguyenmp

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 15, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »
to exarch.  Craigslist is sa very valid place to find airsoft gear.  search airsoft and you get like 70 hits.  and there was infact an m4a1 there for 125 dollars and they often do have a lot of bdu things.  If you want to inform someone not to just shoot off 10 posts there is a better way to do it.  yes i did do it to get rid of my noob status but they were all completely relevant and definately not useless.  treat others the way you wanted to be treated.  no one wants to come on to a forum and get their head chopped off.  And this forum is titled "new guys please read make your first posts here" and thats what i did and now your calling me stupid for doing it?  thats not very nice.  Being overly mean and unnecessarily rude is not the way to let someone know they are doing something wrong.  lighten up on people.  they are simply here because they love the sport, not to get yelled at by people.  So please, if you want to help do it positively and you might actually be surprised because it helps a heck of a lot more than being so incredibly negative

Offline Exarach

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 15, 2009, 10:37:01 PM »
Quote from: "anguyenmp"
to exarch.  Craigslist is sa very valid place to find airsoft gear.  search airsoft and you get like 70 hits.  and there was infact an m4a1 there for 125 dollars and they often do have a lot of bdu things.  If you want to inform someone not to just shoot off 10 posts there is a better way to do it.  yes i did do it to get rid of my noob status but they were all completely relevant and definately not useless.  treat others the way you wanted to be treated.  no one wants to come on to a forum and get their head chopped off.  And this forum is titled "new guys please read make your first posts here" and thats what i did and now your calling me stupid for doing it?  thats not very nice.  Being overly mean and unnecessarily rude is not the way to let someone know they are doing something wrong.  lighten up on people.  they are simply here because they love the sport, not to get yelled at by people.  So please, if you want to help do it positively and you might actually be surprised because it helps a heck of a lot more than being so incredibly negative
Wow...you really don't get it do you? Its not the fact that you think craigslist is a good site for airsoft purchases, its the fact that you deliberately resurrected 5 or so useless threads that were over a month old. THEY WERE DEAD. And adding one line of text is not going to be of great help. Its not even the fact you recommended craigslist, if you had explained why, in a useful paragraph, it still would have been resurrecting a pointless, useless thread, that and the fact you repeated it 4 or so times, the same monotonous useless two word block "try craigslist" NOT HELPFUL. I am done talking to you, you don't even understand why you messed up. Just accept it and move on, I was done with this about 3 days back. Just learn from it, and don't do it again. And don't you dare come up here and preach morales and quote stupid lines at me. you don't want people to snap at you? Don't do stupid things. simple. One mistake, ok, i'm nice, 2? maybe... 10?? come on...... maybe in time you will see why what you did was both dumb and highly annoying. Still feel you have been personally harmed by "dat big nasty internets? :(  Then Pm me, this is not the place for an argument for whatever point you see yourself having. To all the new guys in this thread above me, who haven't been bumping there post count or acting wired, welcome! I hope you have a good time, and find what you are looking for here.
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"