Author Topic: New Guys, Please Read! Make your first posts here!!  (Read 701557 times)

Offline anguyenmp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: New Guys, Please Read! Make your first posts here!!
« Reply #1230 on: March 15, 2009, 11:08:06 PM »
honestly didnt know they were dead.  im new so of course i dont know evey detail about the forums.  cut a guy a break
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #1231 on: March 15, 2009, 11:12:10 PM »
Quote from: "anguyenmp"
honestly didnt know they were dead.  im new so of course i dont know evey detail about the forums.  cut a guy a break

Being new to a forum prevents you from reading a date?  That's news to me.

Offline dnguyenaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 16, 2009, 02:22:29 PM »
learn from your mistakes, and keep moving on. dont let these guys get to you. welcome to the boards

Offline SPECTRE7

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 16, 2009, 08:45:30 PM »
Quote from: "Nitro1"
It's amazing that this forum doesn’t die because the way some members are talked to, "especially new members". There are a few VERY unhappy members here on AA that treat people like crap for NO reason. When I say unhappy, I mean unhappy with themselves so they take it out on others.

well said, I feel very unwelcome as a noob.  Now I just enjoy trying to back up other noobs here and working with the one cool guy I've met!
"Dream as if you\'ll live forever...
live as if you\'ll die today."  James Dean

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1234 on: March 17, 2009, 02:26:18 AM »
A lot of new guys don't realize that when they post more than 3-4times in a quick secession their posts show up like a sore thumb when a board frequenter like me checks for new posts here:
search.php?search_id=newposts

Often new people don't understand basic forum etiquette and behavior, or are unfamiliar with this particular neighborhood of posters, often those behaviors are assumed by board frequenters. Accusations of spamming, necroposting, stupid question asking and stupid answer giving, are thrown around by people trying to show the new guy how to act in the community.

The more you post, the more you will draw attention from those viewing you with a critical eye. The "forum newbie" bar under your name has nothing to do with how you are treated. The content, manner, and frequency of your posts has everything to do with how you are treated.

Tread carefully for the first few posts. And it sounds like a broken record but read, read, read the boards and don't post. If you have a question send it in a PM to any of the old timers here, including me. I know personally almost everyone who has more than 800posts on this site and most will be more than happy to entertain questions regarding this site and airsoft in general.

Read the required reading, do the homework, reputations stick and not just on the internets, post with caution.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline Sykinder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 17, 2009, 05:03:46 PM »
Hey guys I'm Colby i played airsoft only in my yard when i was like 10, But now im 13 about to be 14 and i have a galaxy mp5k and a m4 CA soon and two desert eagles I live in tempe and I want to play alot

Offline LosAlamos

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • Peoria Airsoft Team Forum
« Reply #1236 on: April 19, 2009, 06:28:47 PM »
Hi how are you doing?
Peoria Airsoft Team
Peoria, Arizona
www.peoriaairsoft.com

Offline Set Phaser to Kill

• Private
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nicholas-harrell.com
« Reply #1237 on: May 18, 2009, 08:21:04 AM »
Hey Everyone!  I'm Nick, and obviously new here. I've been perusing the forums for a while now, and finally was able to get signed up and post.  I am new to airsoft although I have played paintball for a couple years, but my airsoft experience is pretty much limited to a few games at CQB AZ.  I have most of my own gear (still waiting on a new mask to be delivered)  and I am hoping to join a few matches when it arrives.

Offline Winters

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 18, 2009, 11:25:29 PM »
Hey man, welcome to the forums. cant wait to get back and play with all the new guys
When in doubt, shoot first.
N.W.A.T.T.
North West Airsoft Tactical Team

Offline Savae

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 19, 2009, 04:27:24 PM »
Hi everyone,
Been kinda lurking here for awhile, thought it was about time to register and say Hi! Name's Jason, I'm prior service Army with tours in Afghanistan and Iraq (though not a trigger puller.)

I've played paintball and a little bit of airsoft in Florida, but unfortunately got rid of all my gear before I moved here in '07.

Currently I live in Phoenix, but my fiance and I are planning on buying a house in the east valley sometime in the next couple of months, so my funds are a little limited. I'll probably start picking up gear piece by piece as I find good prices, rather than all in one go. Kinda have my eye on a CA M14, most of the reviews I've read seem favorable.

Anyway, it'll be a while until I'm 'combat ready,' just wanted to introduce myself to get a foot in the door.
Hope to see you soon!

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 19, 2009, 06:30:56 PM »
Welcome to the boards Savae and thanks for your service.

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline jwc122393

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 25, 2009, 07:37:34 AM »
hey my name is jeff im from cottonwood arizona where a couple of my freinds and i have our team(also in paulden/prescott)(im part of BDAS TAZ). My freind has been coming onto airsoftarizona and i figured that i would go ahead and join... so wuts up?
Image Hosting
[size=150]Jeff Clark BDAS 2009 Infantry Gunman(CQB)[/size]

[size=150]AIRSOFT[/size]

It\'s like paintball, but for real men!

Offline Noises1xxxSniper

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 25, 2009, 02:22:16 PM »
hey guys, im ray from phoenix, me and my buddies just raduated high school, we've been playing airsoft all throughout school. we always need people to play with. we prefer going out into the desert or into the forest and camping out for a couple days playing non stop games such as CTF (rocks at night) hopefuly we can find some new friends/ players that we can play with. i have an upgraded L96 sniper shooting somewhere around 500FPS, i also have 2 KWA M11A1s, and on the way is a recently ordered JG G36s. ive enlisted into the marines and boot camp isnt till dec for me, so i have 6 months to enjoy myself and get more into airsofting ^_^ what a hobby

Offline gutsman

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 26, 2009, 02:49:24 AM »
hi my name is robert i love to play aresoft and hang out so if you have any gam in az let me knoe ill try to git there and play i have a m4 and a ak but i us the m4 more o shut me a e-mail and ill let you know

Offline PhaedrusZen

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 26, 2009, 03:41:27 AM »
Better post here to be safe.  :lol:  New to airsofting. I'm trying to get out to games with the crew from TAC. Look forward to meeting some of you.