Author Topic: New Guys, Please Read! Make your first posts here!!  (Read 701500 times)

Offline Atrus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dauntlessforums.com
(No subject)
« Reply #270 on: August 09, 2005, 11:09:02 AM »
Hey, Mickey. Welcome to AA. The first step is admitting you have a problem.... lol Welcome.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Atrus »
The following text is a placeholder for a meaningful signature. The previous text serves the same purpose.

Offline mickaex

• FNG
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftextreme.com
(No subject)
« Reply #271 on: August 09, 2005, 12:13:44 PM »
Atrus,

thanks.....I think  :D  :D

-Mickey
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mickaex »

Offline Apache15

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #272 on: August 10, 2005, 07:41:52 PM »
Yea it sucks can't wait to get outta here in Feb. Moving to vegas,nv or bullhead city,AZ(prefer vegas because of airsoft scene).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Apache15 »

Offline rclementew

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Newb Newb Newb Newb Newb...............................Newb!
« Reply #273 on: August 12, 2005, 01:33:59 AM »
My name is brady, I am 18 and i live in mesa and im looking to get into airsoft.  I have a kwa G26c and looking to get an aeg.  I tried paintball but it just didnt cut it for me.  I like the idea of realistic feeling weapons, gear and tactics.  Im looking to buy an aeg soon but of course i would appreciate some advice on what to buy.  Im eyeing the src's that JT is selling though because of its low price and i have heard nothing but good things (i guess i should say ive heard nothing bad about it, because what i have heard isnt all that hyped).  Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and i appreciate any advice and words of encouragement you can give.  Thx.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by rclementew »

Offline Elvis

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://operationapollosarrow.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #274 on: August 12, 2005, 07:12:50 PM »
Name is Josh. Im ex-military currently Law enforcement. I reside in Tucson. I was an avid paintball player up untill about three years ago when one of my rivals decided to inflict some bodily harm and cranked his marker up around 320fps, he came over my bunker, planted the tip of his marker into my right shoulder, and lets just say I've got a pretty nice scar from the whole experience. So I decided to lay off the paintball seen for awhile and recently got a chance to play a couple of scenarios using airsoft with some buddies from work and man am I hooked. So I'm starting out and trying to figure out what my armory should consist of. Any suggestions for a decent setup would be nice and I look forward to shooting or being shot by all of you very soon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Elvis »
\"Hey, you guys seen Elvis?\" -Your last words......

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #275 on: August 12, 2005, 07:27:50 PM »
Well, since you're former military, get what you had if you want. That'd be neat! But, you can always do the trendy thing and get Multicam!

It's nice to have more former military and current law enforcement on the boards.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline Elvis

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://operationapollosarrow.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2005, 03:36:48 AM »
Quote from: "studdermonkey"
Well, since you're former military, get what you had if you want. That'd be neat! But, you can always do the trendy thing and get Multicam!

It's nice to have more former military and current law enforcement on the boards.

Thanks I appreciate it. I've noticed there are alot of former military members on the forum but how many are current law enforcement? Just Curious.  I hope I can swap some stories with all of you soon!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Elvis »
\"Hey, you guys seen Elvis?\" -Your last words......

Offline WolverineElite

• Private
    • View Profile
    • http://eagles.rawsquad.com
(No subject)
« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2005, 09:33:15 AM »
Welcome Elvis to the airsoft community. Hope you enjoy the games.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by WolverineElite »

Offline Atrus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dauntlessforums.com
(No subject)
« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2005, 10:24:07 AM »
Welcome Elvis. Can you spot me some change for this soda machine?

lol Just kiddin... I look forward to shooting or being shot by you as well (my first skirmish is comin up soon :D)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Atrus »
The following text is a placeholder for a meaningful signature. The previous text serves the same purpose.

Offline Falcon_Phx

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Who I am
« Reply #279 on: August 15, 2005, 01:26:39 AM »
Well My name is Peter, But I go by the handle Falcon, I live in Central Phoenix, I got into Airsoft when I was in a local Indoor Swapmeat and wandered into a stall that sold The Guns, I purchased a KJW M9 GBB and My son a KJW Elite 1A, we are Hooked!!!! I have a few years Military experiance, and Have been a military Buff since I got out. My son who is 18 is planning on Joining sometime next year after he finishes highschool.
  we are looking to join a team from the Phoenix area but If I cant find one I am open to joining any team who will recruit me or Us.

Any Questions or comments, Please feel free to Msg me on Yahoo IM.

Falcon
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Falcon_Phx »
"Take what You Can, And Give Nothing Back"

Offline Greg

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #280 on: August 15, 2005, 02:00:17 AM »
Welcome, Falcon. That guy that sold you your first airsoft gun was almost definitely Ron, who now manages multiple locations of a real airsoft store in the area. -> http://www.jungletoy.com

Don't worry about teams or any of that stuff. Most players aren't on one and just show up to games. We are a big group and usually mix up the teams a bit for each game. There are plenty of organized teams around, but I'd suggest coming out to a few games before you decide if you want to join one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Greg »
-Greg of Christian\'s Team

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #281 on: August 15, 2005, 06:33:12 AM »
Quote from: "USMC-Greg"
Welcome, Falcon. That guy that sold you your first airsoft gun was almost definitely Ron, who now manages multiple locations of a real airsoft store in the area. -> http://www.jungletoy.com

Don't worry about teams or any of that stuff. Most players aren't on one and just show up to games. We are a big group and usually mix up the teams a bit for each game. There are plenty of organized teams around, but I'd suggest coming out to a few games before you decide if you want to join one.

Ditto!

And remember, if you get hooked enough to buy an AEG, you can always get another gun from ron.. like their new brand, "SRC" I think it is, for super friggin cheap. And, there is plenty of help on these forums about teams and etc, but, you can always go to JT, and Ron and Jeremiah are always willing to talk about the ups and downs, as they're on the same Airsoft Addicts team.

.. but they're horrible, I beat them all the time  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline RangerBob

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/c48/rikki185/?sc=4
New to AA, not to Az or Airsoft though
« Reply #282 on: August 15, 2005, 01:18:04 PM »
My name is Rob, I started airsoft about six years ago.  I joined the military and drifted away from friends and people I knew who played.
Im settled and out of the army now and been getting an itch to play again.
I've still got two old AEG's, likely need some work as they have not been maintained since I last used them (Any advice on what things I should absolutely have done before firing them again would be useful).  I guess before I start again I'd like to know how often I'd have the opportunity to play out around here, I live in Sierra Vista.
Well, I guess I'm off to go see whats new in Airsoft and check the possibility of just buying a new gun.

On the old dogs: The AEG's are both TM, MP5 with larger battery bigger spring and upgraded gearbox.  G3, stock.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RangerBob »
A team kill is still a kill.....

Offline m-79_Grenadier

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #283 on: August 15, 2005, 03:08:28 PM »
If theyve been sitting for that long, then the first thing that would be the most prone to being shot would be the piston o-ring. Usually after about a year they start to shrink a small amount due to the compression that they are constantly under fom being compressed in the cylinder. This is a sopmewhat easy replacement and costs about 70 cents at ACE.

The other thing would be the spring. Now, if the spring was compressed and the piston was in the rearward position, then its probably all but dead. And even still, when the piston is in its most forward position, the spring is still somewhat compressed. But there is a sigificantly less chance that it would have sustained as much damae as it would in if the piston was in the rearward position.
So if you find out that one gun is shooting fine, an the other is drifting bbs at 180 fps, then its a good chance that the spring in the latter was compressed during its time of inactivity.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by m-79_Grenadier »
Owns the REEEEL THAAAANG!

"No, I shall not be attending the funeral services..... though I do highly approve." -Mark Twain

Offline Falcon_Phx

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Thanks for the welcome
« Reply #284 on: August 16, 2005, 01:09:06 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Guys, Its comforting to know that we will be so readily accepted. Cant wait to get out to some of the games, looking more into septs games and beyond. Have been tearing the Internet apart looking at airsoft Sites, and some of the more orginized senarios and events seem pretty specatular to attend.
Thanks again
 Falcon.

Rank and unit to come ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Falcon_Phx »
"Take what You Can, And Give Nothing Back"