Author Topic: New Guys, Please Read! Make your first posts here!!  (Read 701495 times)

Offline DJ NeX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #300 on: August 28, 2005, 07:36:13 AM »
Just started Airsoft this month with my boss and a few friends.  We work across a Jungletoy shop in Tempe and walked in once and came out with MP5's.  

My current pride and joy is my NBB Walther P99 that's Silenced and has a tactical flashlight. (and yes, the silencer actually does a pretty damn good job)

Still working on getting gear, BDU's, etc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by DJ NeX »
Classic Army G36c
Maruzen NBB Walther P99 w/ suppressor
CYMA Japanese Police MP5
HFC Walther P99\'s Silver slide and black slide versions

Offline Kozuka

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #301 on: August 29, 2005, 10:46:19 PM »
Quote from: "Mugen"
Weolcome to the new and exciting world of Airsoft.  Paintball is just second best to the fun and adventure that comes with THIS sport.  There are gonna be alot of up and coming games in the near future and you jumped in at the one of the best times...JT is offering alot of specials on equipment and toys, and there are alot of good deals in our classified section.  Might I also mention that someone makes a L-85 AEG for the Brit in you....

Welcome to the boards.

If you don't mind me asking, (since I can't create a new thread) what would you suggest for someone who wants to get into airsoft but doesn't want to spend the money without trying it out first? Is there anywhere I can go and rent the full kit? I don't have anything at the moment, but I would like to go to a game and talk with you guys and get the overall *feel* of what an airsoft game is like before I commet the $400+ to getting all the equipment.

Thanks
Kozuka
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kozuka »

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #302 on: August 29, 2005, 11:03:57 PM »
Well.. For about 160 bucks you can get a GBB pistol, goggles, ammo and gas at Jungletoy or the mail-order joints.

You really don't need cammies, LBG, etc. right now. Just a weapon and ammo.

AA rents out a AEG if you contact Paco prior to a AA game.

Chip
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mooncruiser »
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #303 on: August 29, 2005, 11:10:39 PM »
It's Mikey, not Paco.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Mugen

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #304 on: August 30, 2005, 07:18:22 AM »
Quote from: "Kozuka"
Welcome to the new and exciting world of Airsoft.  Paintball is just second best to the fun and adventure that comes with THIS sport.  There are gonna be alot of up and coming games in the near future and you jumped in at the one of the best times...JT is offering alot of specials on equipment and toys, and there are alot of good deals in our classified section.  Might I also mention that someone makes a L-85 AEG for the Brit in you....

Welcome to the boards.

If you don't mind me asking, (since I can't create a new thread) what would you suggest for someone who wants to get into airsoft but doesn't want to spend the money without trying it out first? Is there anywhere I can go and rent the full kit? I don't have anything at the moment, but I would like to go to a game and talk with you guys and get the overall *feel* of what an airsoft game is like before I commet the $400+ to getting all the equipment.

Thanks
Kozuka

Its understandable that you want to test out stuff to get a feel for what you like...most JTs will let you "test" fire some AEGs they carry to make a sale...and alot of our brothers/sisters in this sport would not be opposed to letting you fire thier babies out on an AO for a few rounds...just ask nicely and show you're interrest..most will accomodate you.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mugen »
It was once believed that Chuck Norris actually lost a fight to a
pirate, but that is a lie, created by Chuck Norris himself to lure more pirates to him. Pirates never were very smart.

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #305 on: August 30, 2005, 09:06:06 AM »
Weolcome to the new and exciting world of Airsoft.  Paintball is just second best to the fun and adventure that comes with THIS sport.  There are gonna be alot of up and coming games in the near future and you jumped in at the one of the best times...JT is offering alot of specials on equipment and toys, and there are alot of good deals in our classified section.  Might I also mention that someone makes a L-85 AEG for the Brit in you....

Welcome to the boards.

Thanks
Kozuka

There is a game this coming Sunday.  go to JT and buy their M9 'deal' for $99, it comes with safety glasses, etc.  But a can of gas and some BB's and you're good to go.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline Kozuka

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #306 on: August 30, 2005, 04:04:33 PM »
Thanks for all of your replys! It's great to see you guys are willing to help out us newbs who need a hand. Now back to the discussion at hand.

There is a game this coming Sunday. go to JT and buy their M9 'deal' for $99, it comes with safety glasses, etc. But a can of gas and some BB's and you're good to go.

I might just do that, but I don't have a car. So getting all the way down there near marana is a big problem (it's a shame I used to live down in the sahuarita area it would of been really easy then).

Its understandable that you want to test out stuff to get a feel for what you like...most JTs will let you "test" fire some AEGs they carry to make a sale...and alot of our brothers/sisters in this sport would not be opposed to letting you fire thier babies out on an AO for a few rounds...just ask nicely and show you're interrest..most will accomodate you. Wink

Thanks for the support, I might go down the the JT down in Tempe and ask some questions, get a feel of the airsoft rifles see what I like and don't it's kind of hard to tell just looking at a picture online.

Well.. For about 160 bucks you can get a GBB pistol, goggles, ammo and gas at Jungletoy or the mail-order joints.

Chip

I might just go down and buy a GBB Package with the glasses, as for Mikey I did a search for some members. No one by the name mikey but I found a post by Paco dealing with renting. That might be an option too we'll have to see.

Anyways, I am greatful for all of your replys and I hope I can get into a game real soon.

Thanks
Kozuka

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #307 on: August 30, 2005, 04:08:20 PM »
Thanks for all of your replys! It's great to see you guys are willing to help out us newbs who need a hand. Now back to the discussion at hand.

There is a game this coming Sunday. go to JT and buy their M9 'deal' for $99, it comes with safety glasses, etc. But a can of gas and some BB's and you're good to go.

I might just do that, but I don't have a car. So getting all the way down there near marana is a big problem (it's a shame I used to live down in the sahuarita area it would of been really easy then).

Its understandable that you want to test out stuff to get a feel for what you like...most JTs will let you "test" fire some AEGs they carry to make a sale...and alot of our brothers/sisters in this sport would not be opposed to letting you fire thier babies out on an AO for a few rounds...just ask nicely and show you're interrest..most will accomodate you. Wink

Thanks for the support, I might go down the the JT down in Tempe and ask some questions, get a feel of the airsoft rifles see what I like and don't it's kind of hard to tell just looking at a picture online.

Chip

I might just go down and buy a GBB Package with the glasses, as for Mikey I did a search for some members. No one by the name mikey but I found a post by Paco dealing with renting. That might be an option too we'll have to see.

Anyways, I am greatful for all of your replys and I hope I can get into a game real soon.

Thanks
Kozuka

Mikey = Airsofter1

Offline pythonline

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #308 on: August 30, 2005, 09:30:03 PM »
I've actually got a spare low power mp5 you could probably get away with using on sunday's game if you can make it.  we'll just set it on semi, anybody have an objection with that?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by pythonline »
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Offline Kozuka

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #309 on: August 30, 2005, 09:37:20 PM »
Quote from: "pythonline"
I've actually got a spare low power mp5 you could probably get away with using on sunday's game if you can make it.  we'll just set it on semi, anybody have an objection with that?

That would be great but it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it all the way down there, most of my family is going up to visit relatives this weekend and I will be stuck with no transportation. Unless I could hitch a ride with one of you guys and chip in some money for gas (I don't expect a free ride) I could do it, I'd also have to go and get some safety goggles this week.

Peace
Kozuka

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #310 on: August 31, 2005, 07:32:57 AM »
Quote from: "pythonline"

I have no problem with a newbie using an MP5 on semi.

Offline Ghostsequel

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #311 on: August 31, 2005, 12:38:59 PM »

Thanks
Kozuka

Welcome to airsoft, man.  I just got in about a month or so ago, been to two games, and I love it.  Getting into it, I'd recommend a few different things.

JT carries the KJW M9 (I have one and LOVE it) in a variety of package deals.  A bit short of $100 oughta get you one and the extras you need, like gas and bbs.

Consider a shotgun.  Not the most advanced weapon airsoft-wise, but they're cheap (about $20 bucks), you can use them in pistols games, and theyr'e fun.  Decent rate of fire, and most of them can carry about 200-300 rounds at a time.

Think about getting one of the low-end AEGs, maybe an MP5.  They're not much good at range and they're probably going to run out of energy pretty quick in a regular battle, but they're good for close-in battles.  I'm gonna pick one up soon to use for CQB, because my aeg might hurt some people in close.

If you decide to really get into it, look at buying an SRC SR4 from JT.  It's a great aeg for only $200 ($270 or so with everything you need and some goodies).  Probably the cheapest competitive aeg around.  Try firing some different guns though to get a feel for what you like.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ghostsequel »

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #312 on: August 31, 2005, 12:43:49 PM »
Another good bet -The UTG CQB Shotgun is like 40 bucks mail order, and is great for a spring gun. You can see one at the Phoenix JT.

Chip
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mooncruiser »
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline 1trooper, manyweapons

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftcoalition.com
(No subject)
« Reply #313 on: August 31, 2005, 12:48:46 PM »
Find me during a game you can borrow one of my many guns. Just bring your own facemask.

Kozuka look around in the forums to find some guns, iam droping 2 of mine to make room for another MG.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by 1trooper, manyweapons »
armory-2 m60s,2 m733s,G36c,Infinity handgun,3 G3SG1s,shotgun,p90
formally owned 2 mp5s, Ak47,p90tr. total weapons= 9... total at one time 17different guns.
BTW whats the need for mags, grab, use, dump the gun, then use another. Iam a walking armory.

Offline rsaathoff

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #314 on: September 12, 2005, 09:02:10 PM »
Hi my name is Rich. I have never been to an Airsoft event but I am looking forward to getting involved. If you know of any Airsofter in the Tempe area I can get in touch with let me know. I just purchased my first Airsoft gun. - ICS M4. I've already burned about 2000 round in my back yard dialing it in and am really anxious to get it out and try it at an event. Anyway are games open to all or do I need to be part of a team? Thanks for any help/guidance.

Rich
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by rsaathoff »
Rich Saathoff
Tempe, AZ