Author Topic: New Guys, Please Read! Make your first posts here!!  (Read 701487 times)

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #315 on: September 12, 2005, 10:57:26 PM »
Welcome to the boards, good to see another tempe resident becasue there are way to many airsofters that live way the hell out of town. Watch the boards for games and instructions on how to be on a particular side (usually differentiated by BDU color). If you need help just PM the organizer and they can direct you on how to go. It is a good community here on the boards, enjoy the neighbors and tell the damn kids to stay off your lawn.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline pythonline

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #316 on: September 12, 2005, 11:20:26 PM »
Ganef, I've spent way too much time in Bateman...

anywho, I don't live in tempe, but my brother's got an apartment there, and I commute to asu every day.

Theres a game on october first in florence, shouldn't be too bad of a drive from tempe, I'm probabably just gonna camp out on a couch down there cause it'll shorten the trip quite a bit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by pythonline »
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Big Wave Dave

(No subject)
« Reply #317 on: September 13, 2005, 12:53:07 PM »
Figured I oughta introduce myself. I got into airsoft waaaayyy back in 2000. My Grandma got a cheapo springer pistol and gave it to me. Being only 13 I couldn't get a job for another year(minimum legal work age is 14 in Washington) and the next three years were devoted to school, my (still) non-functioning car, and my pilots license. It was only during this summer that I finally got my AEg and loadout. Then I came down here to be with my mom until I needed to shipout for basic. So now I'm just waiting.
My Loadout is: (if anyone wanted to know)
A cheap Double Eagle M4 with 7 mags + 3 batts
UTG CQB shotgun with 2 mags
Cheapo M93 Beretta springer my Grandma gave me
Marine Style camelback tac-vest Woodland/Black
$50 Commader boots (most expensive airsoft thing I own)
Hatch style gloves
Full Face Mask
About 7,000 rounds
Cheap@$$ helmet from Airsplat DO NOT ever buy their helmet, it is a plastic frame covered in cloth! @%@#^!%@%&#$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Big Wave Dave »

Offline pythonline

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #318 on: September 14, 2005, 07:21:36 PM »
good to know about the helmet..

welcome, hope you enjoy your stay.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by pythonline »
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Offline RangerBill

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #319 on: September 14, 2005, 10:02:53 PM »
i know this may be a resurrection but it wont let me post a new topic as a newbie...but we are supposed to post here before we lose newbie status.  so i am just gonna post it right here.

I was referred here by a buddy (rangerbob) we both work together at Ft. Huachuca.  We are instructors at the intelligence school.  my real name is matt and i am 23.   I am waiting on some money to buy my gear and i think im going with this http://airsplat.com/Items/ERA-CA-M15-CARB.htm, this http://airsplat.com/Items/AP-KA-90220BS.htm  with thigh holster and this http://airsplat.com/Items/AC-PVC-GB101.htm i was in the military for 4 years (all 4 spent here) and got married thats the end of my life....i mean intro
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RangerBill »

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #320 on: September 14, 2005, 11:40:25 PM »
Don't get the Desert Eagle. It may be the nicest spring gun out there, but that does not redeem the fact that it is still a spring gun. You do not want to have to sling your M15 and be trying to crank off rounds with that thing(springer means one shot per crank, not sure if you know that or not, Lasivian made that mistake), it is just not practical for games. Go with a kjw 1911 or M9, both are respectable guns and are semi-auto. They are a bit more expensive but are worth it and will hold their value a lot better than that springer you are lookin at. Classic Army guns are good to go. Welcome to the boards, hope to see you at some games!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline EagleEye

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://rawsquad.us
(No subject)
« Reply #321 on: September 17, 2005, 09:17:07 AM »
Welcome Rich and RangerBill to AA. Good to have new players getting involved with airsoft. HAVE FUN and BE SAFE !!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by EagleEye »

Offline Skokauckas

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
Sir, Reporting as Ordered...
« Reply #322 on: September 19, 2005, 07:35:15 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Michael Skokauckas and I hail from Mesa, Arizona.  Iv'e been involved in airsoft for about a year now.  Before that I was a hardcore paintballer.  After a while paintball lost the spark becasue I'm not into neon BDU's. LOL  Plus I wanted to be apart of somthing better...more realistic and challanging.  Where being a member of a unit meant more than just showing up on Sunday at the local field.  I was inspired by the Airsoft players respect for eachother and how they look out for eachother.  "Leave no Man Behind"  takes on new meaning with airsoft.  And yes, I'm a military brat.  What can I say...my family is all over the world.  I'm the "LT. Dan" of my family.  My mother is retired Air Force, Father is Retired Army..One brother is active with the 3rd. IN. DIV.  and two uncles...one with the NAVY and the other with the Marines...  I juess we have been everyware.  Alot of people ask "hey man...why are you not following the family line?"  Well, becase of a minor hearing loss, I am unable to join.  I play airsoft because in a way I'm fullfilling my dream of serving this country.  Once a month and whenver there is a game...I can forget the realitiy and grind of everyday life...and live  that dream for a day.  and everytime I leave a game...I smile.  

So now I'm buying some new gear and getting ready for this Fall in the Airsoft world.  I guess that's about it.

P.S. Do we have any 1st. Cavalry Division Troopers out there?  I grew up with the 1st. Cav. my whole life and wanted to see if some of our brothers are in Airsoft Arizona.  "GO 1st. CAV!!!"

Skokauckas
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 08:56:27 PM by Skokauckas »
Shoot First....Live Longer....\"GO 1st. CAV !!!\"

Offline chainsaw

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://amsog.com
Re: Sir, Reporting as Ordered...
« Reply #323 on: September 19, 2005, 07:49:30 PM »
Quote from: "Skokauckas"
Hello everyone,

My name is Michael Skokauckas and I hail from Mesa, Arizona.  Iv'e been involved in airsoft for about a year now.  Before that I was a hardcore paintballer.  After a while paintball lost the spark becasue I'm not into neon BDU's. LOL  Plus I wanted to be apart of somthing better...more realistic and challanging.  Where being a member of a unit meant more than just showing up on Sunday at the local field.  I was inspired by the Airsoft players respect for eachother and how they look out for eachother.  "Leave no Man Behind"  takes on new meaning with airsoft.  And yes, I'm a military brat.  What can I say...my family is all over the world.  I'm the "LT. Dan" of my family.  My mother is retired Air Force, Father is Retired Army..One brother is active with the 3rd. IN. DIV.  and two uncles...one with the NAVY and the other with the Marines...  I juess we have been everyware.  Alot of people ask "hey man...why are you not following the family line?"  Well, becase of a minor hearing loss, I am unable to join.  I play airsoft because in a way I'm fullfilling my dream of serving this country.  Once a month and whenver there is a game...I can forget the realitiy and grind of everyday life...and live  that dream for a day.  and everytime I leave a game...I smile.  

So now I'm buying some new gear and getting ready for this Fall in the Airsoft world.  I guess that's about it.

Skokauckas

Welcome. The AA fourms are filled with fun and surprises. You sound like someone who will do just fine get somme gear and get out there!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by chainsaw »

Offline Dirtypants McNasty

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #324 on: September 21, 2005, 03:01:28 PM »
hey im obviously new to the forums although i've been reading them for awhile now.  i've been into airsoft for about 4 years now and i really dig it.  it was something better to do than lasertag and paintball was just too damn expensive for me, some really cool ppl turned me on to airsoft and i've been hooked ever since.  i'm not really into the military aspect of the game as most ppl are i just love the adrinaline rush that i get when i get the drop on someone and take them out.  i also love it when someone completely outflanks me and i get rocked, i've had some pretty cool deaths in the time that i've played and have enjoyed every minute of it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Dirtypants McNasty »
Q: How many Emo kids does it take to screw in a lightblub.
A: None they\'d just sit there in the dark and cry about it.

Offline kingsix123

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/kingsixone
(No subject)
« Reply #325 on: September 21, 2005, 03:57:21 PM »
Quote from: "Dirtypants McNasty"
hey im obviously new to the forums although i've been reading them for awhile now.  i've been into airsoft for about 4 years now and i really dig it.  it was something better to do than lasertag and paintball was just too damn expensive for me, some really cool ppl turned me on to airsoft and i've been hooked ever since.  i'm not really into the military aspect of the game as most ppl are i just love the adrinaline rush that i get when i get the drop on someone and take them out.  i also love it when someone completely outflanks me and i get rocked, i've had some pretty cool deaths in the time that i've played and have enjoyed every minute of it.

I thought that was part of the military part of it? or am i wrong? :?
Anyways, welcome to the forums!
 [smilie=armata_pdt_36.gif] Lock n Load Gentleman!
                    Tim
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by kingsix123 »
The only thing Necessary  for the triumph of evil is for good men to do NOTHING!

Offline Silverman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #326 on: October 18, 2005, 08:36:12 PM »
Hi everyone.  I'm new to AirSoft, but I've been reading about it for months and I really want to give it a try.  I'm not military or law enforcement, just a civilian who wants to have fun.  I've tried paintball, but I'm looking for something a bit more "mature".  I'm married and have a son, so I don't have a lot of free time.  I just want to be able to go out for a few hours every few weekends and have some fun with other people, but I would love to join a team (if any of them would have me!).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Silverman »

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #327 on: October 18, 2005, 09:48:23 PM »
Welcome Silverman.  I was in your shoes at one time.  AA is perfect because games happen all the time, just check out the calendar and October game forum for upcoming events.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline leadpoisoningjr

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #328 on: October 30, 2005, 03:45:59 PM »
Hi I'm new to airsoft, and I've been checking it out and watching videos of people playing and it looks like a whole lot of fun, I'm 17 and live in the Prescott area, I just bought a UTG MP5 (not that great but I thought it would be a decent starter gun) and I've already run into a problem with it, hopefully  one of you guys can help me out with it I'd love to get more into the game but I kinda need a working gun  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leadpoisoningjr »

Offline Rasta

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #329 on: November 04, 2005, 05:19:52 AM »
My name is Bryan and just thought I would say hi  from Southern California and hang around the forums if you don't mind. ;) Maybe sell some stuff too. I am 22 and trying to save up money to move... thats about it right now. I have 6 AEG's and 2 GBB's. At the moment I am to lazy to name them all givin that it is 4:19 in the morning. :lol:  So... Hello EveryBody
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Rasta »