Author Topic: New Guys, Please Read! Make your first posts here!!  (Read 701569 times)

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #660 on: January 01, 2008, 10:51:27 PM »
I guess you could PM me, but if they are hardcore noob questions, I'll ban you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline FIRST PREDATOR

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #661 on: January 03, 2008, 12:42:19 AM »
hey guys! my name is austin and im new to AA but not to airsoft. iv been playing for about a year now. i found AA when i was googleing a bunch of airsoft stuff and im glad i found it, i didnt know that there was a bunch of guys that played airsoft in arizona. so when i ran into this website i had to be a part of it. i hope ill get to meat some of you guys in up comeing games. :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by FIRST PREDATOR »
Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered and the Sun Shined.

Offline Shenuki A

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #662 on: January 03, 2008, 12:16:57 PM »
Greetings all! My name is Jeff, I’m a Mil-Sim gamer, who about ten months ago got tired of sitting on his six.  I looked at paintball, but immediately didn’t like it because of how the guns looked/felt and how it was played. Luckily for me I saw an episode of Tactical to Practical that had a piece about airsoft. I did some research and after quite some time found out about Jungle Toy, and decided to visit the Tempe JT (would eventually become Gearbox Airsoft) and met Paul for the first time, who pointed me to what would be my first AEG a CYMA MP5-J. The rest, as they say, is history. Today, thanks to Matt, Paul, Ron, and Vince. I have most of my gear, a rebuilt (by Paul) KJW M-1911 Para, afore mentioned CYMA MP5-J, and a soon to be upgraded CA SCAR-Light.  I’m looking forward to joining you guys on the field within a few months, and once again thanks to all that have helped me this far.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Shenuki A »
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATUS

Offline SkeptikZ

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Neww
« Reply #663 on: January 05, 2008, 10:32:11 PM »
Name's Kevin, I've been paintballing for the past couple years and figured it costs way too much to play without a sponsorship or lots of friends and ground to play on, so just recently stumbled upon airsofting.  I was interested before paintballing but i got pulled one direction so now I trying something new.  I never really had any military experience minus 2 years in rotc, and am currently just a student working on a degree in the medical field.  Hope to make some new friends and get started on this forum!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SkeptikZ »

Offline BritaniaRuleAgain

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #664 on: January 06, 2008, 12:54:19 AM »
im andrew, im with GA and want to give AA another shot with the deepest hope they'd allow me back in

i have a lot i have to atone for here

so i am sorry
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by BritaniaRuleAgain »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #665 on: January 06, 2008, 12:59:44 AM »
Gurtrude --

Keep it on the straight and narrow or you'll be gone again.

We're all friends here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline BritaniaRuleAgain

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #666 on: January 06, 2008, 01:17:18 AM »
like i said ive got a lot to atone for here

appreciated for the second chance, i thank you
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by BritaniaRuleAgain »

Offline Marine101

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #667 on: January 13, 2008, 07:44:05 PM »
I was reccomended by Supporter to start doing airsoft in games. I ended up becoming highly impressed with operation Irene. So i thought what the hell i might as well register. There is too many games to choose from. I currently enlisted in the US Marine Corps so i cant wait to do some combat sim. Hope to see you guys out there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Marine101 »
PFC Mark Morgan
855 MP CO
Phoenix, Arizona

Offline Schwer_Punkt_91

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #668 on: January 14, 2008, 10:06:06 PM »
Good luck in the corp.  Hope to see you out there some time.  Thanks for signing up to serve...even if it is with the corp. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Schwer_Punkt_91 »
-- Giles

Lion Claws VII, VIII, X, XI, XII, XIII, and on and on and on...., Red Storm I, II, III, etc, etc, etc...

Offline Striker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #669 on: January 15, 2008, 09:39:06 PM »
Hey all. Im not necessarily new, Ive been doing this for about two years now. I am new to the AA though. Im a Tucson player, but I have been up to Phx before for a game. Ive also done the Balkin Hammer thing, and Im going to be out at Red Dagger.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Striker »

Offline xddragonx

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #670 on: January 25, 2008, 10:36:06 PM »
Hello, i am new. I am a college student at MCC, I met a friend in class talking about it and i was interested in airsoft. I only played paintball twice in my life. I played airsoft with the person i met in class and a few of his buddies. I invited my friend too and we are really interested in airsoft now.

I just bought digital camouflage ACU i believe, tactical chest rig, and a camel back all the same or similar camo type from the army surplus today. I just got my first and stock gun, it is a D-Boys SPR MK12 full metal rifle.

Um, i spent days researching and reading about airsoft safety and tips from MiA for 3 days so i have an idea of what to do and get.

I am thinking of joining in Red Dagger as my first ops but i am not 100% sure, right now it is a 60% chance i might go.

Hm, i think that is it and nice meeting all of you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by xddragonx »

Offline Marine101

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #671 on: January 25, 2008, 10:56:48 PM »
Welcome aboard FYI Red Dagger you will be in for a treat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Marine101 »
PFC Mark Morgan
855 MP CO
Phoenix, Arizona

Offline Striker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #672 on: January 25, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »
Red Dagger will DEFINATELY be worth going to. I would recomend however, that you go to a regular game first, to get some experience under your belt. Welcome abord.  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Striker »

Offline xddragonx

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #673 on: January 25, 2008, 11:18:33 PM »
Well, the first time we played was playing 3 v 3 on a mountain area... lots of climbing and hiding. Then the next meet up we trained at a friends place on comm with my battle buddy and combat situations with trash bins... it isn't much, and i know it isn't much but i will cram some time to train a bit with my friends... i think next meet up is to train with full on gear... but first things first i need to complete my gear... i still need 8, 100 cap mags...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by xddragonx »

Offline MGfoley2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #674 on: January 26, 2008, 05:58:08 PM »
Hey everybody, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Foley and I’ve been airsofting for about a year and a half now. I frequently get together with my small group of friends and go airsofting on the weekends. Today I was able to attend Airsofter1’s game and I must say it was awesome. I had a great time and I was glad I was able to meet some of you. I hope I have the privilege of going to future AA events with you guys.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MGfoley2 »

Op Balkan Hammer II, Op Lion Claws VIII, IX, Op Red Storm
"Charles the monkey owns Evike."