Author Topic: New Guys, Please Read! Make your first posts here!!  (Read 701520 times)

Offline bosskie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
Re: New Guys, Please Read! Make your first posts here!!
« Reply #900 on: June 09, 2008, 09:31:08 PM »
Hey ppl. Im moving to phoenix pretty soon. As soon as im acclumated to the move I'de love to start attending some events. Im highly skilled in the airsoft world. Just got back from over sea's. currently fully geared besides a secondary sidarm. there a place in the forum to post gear / equiptment?

Currently looking for a team with a structure in their leadership. Bump me in my email please.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline oldgamefreak

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 10, 2008, 07:33:50 AM »
Welcome

Sales forum:
viewforum.php?f=12
"America might have some problems, but it\'s our home. Our country. Our team. And if you don\'t want to root for your team, then just get the hell out of the stadium"........Stan Marsh

Offline Franklin

• FNG
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/franklinchristopher
« Reply #902 on: June 10, 2008, 10:41:09 PM »
Hello all!

My name is Franklin, and I live in the Flagstaff area. I am 25 and I was introduced to airsoft earlier this year by a friend of mine, SARC. He let me use his G36 at a game a little north of Tuscon. Although I was hit many times, I was hooked.

So this last weekend I purchased my first AEG, an Echo 1 M249.  :mrgreen:.  I cannot wait to use this new toy, but I do not know any airsoft players in my area, if there is any. And though I was never in the military, I am interested in milsim's and would like to learn basic and advanced tactics as they apply to airsoft.

I am still working on my gear setup, but I have enough to be playable: googles, gun, H2O, vest rig.

Offline misfit13007

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 11, 2008, 04:49:15 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Bo and I am in Chandler,AZ.  I am new to airsoft.  have been watching the forums for a few months and looking around etc to make sure I was interested before wasting anyone’s time.  I have yet to play out with anyone, but am highly excited and interested for the time when I do.

I am currently getting looking around/getting ready to purchase some gear so I am attend a game.  I am mostly interested in the sniper model guns as I am a pretty good shot (I earned the expert rifle qualification badge in the army and did a TON of shooting  growing up).  I have been looking at the L96 rifle as overall it seems a good place to start.... any thoughts or suggestions?  Also, any suggestions on other equipment to keep an eye out for?

Thanks and I look forward to shooting you soon! j/k   ;-)

-misfit

[size=85]"I look forward to shooting you soon!"  -misfit[/size]
[/b]

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 11, 2008, 05:16:01 PM »
Welcome to the boards. Don't confuse real world shooting concepts with airsoft shooting, two completely different ball games. You'd probably be better off buying a decent AEG, instead of trying to be a sniper. Being a great shot means nothing in airsoft, as the ranges are so short, and things like wind can DRASTICALLY change the flight path of a bb. Not to mention a single shot is ineffective, it often takes several rounds, one right after another, for an opponent to call a hit. For instance, a while back I took a shot at someone from pretty far off(with my rather expensive sniper rifle), and managed to hit them. This person stood there, and looked around, then finally saw me. I was watching him, and he knew it, so he called himself out. Had he not spotted me, I'm sure he would have kept on shooting his AEG at people. Had I done the same thing with an AEG, he wouldn't even have had to spot me to call himself out, because I would have a.) kept shooting and b.) he would probably wouldn't wanna get shot anymore.

Offline misfit13007

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 11, 2008, 05:29:20 PM »
Quote from: "Firehead"
Welcome to the boards. Don't confuse real world shooting concepts with airsoft shooting, two completely different ball games. You'd probably be better off buying a decent AEG, instead of trying to be a sniper. Being a great shot means nothing in airsoft, as the ranges are so short, and things like wind can DRASTICALLY change the flight path of a bb. Not to mention a single shot is ineffective, it often takes several rounds, one right after another, for an opponent to call a hit. For instance, a while back I took a shot at someone from pretty far off(with my rather expensive sniper rifle), and managed to hit them. This person stood there, and looked around, then finally saw me. I was watching him, and he knew it, so he called himself out. Had he not spotted me, I'm sure he would have kept on shooting his AEG at people. Had I done the same thing with an AEG, he wouldn't even have had to spot me to call himself out, because I would have a.) kept shooting and b.) he would probably wouldn't wanna get shot anymore.

Thanks for the heads up Firehead!  Yeah, I have read about everything you just said more than once now.  I agree with you as far as real world vs airsoft, wind, distance etc.  I am looking around for a decent AEG as you suggested as well.  Most likely that is where I will end up starting out, like everyone probably does, and moving into the sniping aspect over time and experience.  Thanks for the tips greatly appreciated!

But... also, you have to admit that even though you only hit that guy once..... it probably felt pretty good. lol   ;)

[size=85]"I look forward to shooting you soon!"  -misfit[/size]
[/b]

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 11, 2008, 05:50:05 PM »
Quote from: "misfit13007"
But... also, you have to admit that even though you only hit that guy once..... it probably felt pretty good. lol   ;)

That it did, especially from about 300 feet(I had the highground).

Offline Uchiha Itachi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 11, 2008, 05:57:56 PM »
Quote from: "Firehead"

On the other side its hard to know you got shot. I remember awhile back I was sniped but didn't know at first. I had walked a few feet out of spawn and thought I got stung since I didn't see anyone of hear anything nor see the BB fall. So I stopped got down and looked down/around for anything then got shot again when I stood back up. I still didn't see where or who shot me but walked out anyway.

Sometimes its hard to tell. I've been stung before on the field and feels similar to me.

If you have a serious need for a Sniper's rifle the L96s are like $100 and shoot 462ish. Its ok but needs initial care for it to work right. That way you don't blow $500++++ for a high priced rifle you don't want use anymore. I tried it for while and couldn't stand people not calling their hits or having the wind take the round.

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 11, 2008, 06:05:01 PM »
I understand what you are saying. I didn't mean to imply he was cheating or anything, but I meant to say that it is hard to tell. Sometimes you don't feel it. I've been hit before and only heard the snap of the bb off my vest. Its rarely a single shot that does it though, you hear other hits and stuff hitting bushes or your cover. I call stuff to be safe. It was such a distance that I hit the guy that he probably barely felt anything other than a tap, so I wouldn't have got upset about it had he not called it, but good on him for doing so.

Offline Sergeant First Class Keenan

• Sergeant Major
  • AZ Army National Guard - "Protecting What Matters"
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Army National Guard
« Reply #909 on: June 11, 2008, 08:30:33 PM »
Go to Gearbox in Tempe. Great store. I would say just get a good M16/M4 series rifle. Its alot more fun when you get to play!
Sergeant First Class Keenan
Marketing & Advertising Manager
AZ Army National Guard
Cell: (602) 377-6322

Offline BoltActionRob

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 12, 2008, 01:07:34 AM »
Hey, just a teenager here.
I was introduced to airsoft when I was 14 but didn't really get into it until this year at the age of seventeen.
I own a JG SVD, Echo1 DMR, Echo1 AK47, UTG Fullstock shotgun, DE M58 Shotgun, Well MP7, and several spring powered pistols.
(As you can see, it's all a teenager working at Safeway can afford.)
I am actually in the NJROTC and hope to be a Marine one day.
Rules 1&2 of the internet... don\'t discuss /b/

Offline Sergeant First Class Keenan

• Sergeant Major
  • AZ Army National Guard - "Protecting What Matters"
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Army National Guard
« Reply #911 on: June 13, 2008, 08:03:00 AM »
Welcome aboard. hope to see you at some games
Sergeant First Class Keenan
Marketing & Advertising Manager
AZ Army National Guard
Cell: (602) 377-6322

Offline ColinBT1994

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 13, 2008, 02:59:42 PM »
Hey. I live in Fountain Hills, and theres hardly any airsofting out here (that I know of). I have a few guns, and I practically swear by Tokyo Marui's.  I have a TM Desert Eagle, a TM MP5, and am gettin an AK47 Beita Spetsnaz. I am itching for a big game, because lately my friends and I havent been able to airsoft in my friends HUGE backyard because of his neighbors.

Offline IRA42

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 16, 2008, 07:38:17 PM »
I have been airsofting for over 5 years and am 17 years old. I own a few steel rifles and am pretty familiar with the game. I am a part of a two man team but play with groups of usually ten. Love playing and hope to become more active in the upcoming months.

Offline Marine101

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 16, 2008, 08:14:38 PM »
Welcome all
PFC Mark Morgan
855 MP CO
Phoenix, Arizona