Author Topic: tightbore?  (Read 1834 times)

Offline busta_cap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
tightbore?
« on: February 21, 2005, 03:17:56 PM »
Im trying to install a tightbore barrel into this hop up and I need some kind of guide...When I pulled the old one out a rubber sleve, a small rubber tube and a metal ring came out. but I dont know where they go now.
Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline RickEJ6

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 03:43:47 PM »
Is it a TM hop up unit or a CA one?  I only have experience w/ the TM one.  The small rubber tube fits up in the hop up unit and it is pushed down to create the little hop up "bulge" that puts the spin on the BB.

See if this helps any.

http://www.airsoftplayers.com/m4/m4_3.jpg

Good luck! Rick
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RickEJ6 »
\"Do not hit if it can be avoided, but never hit softly.\"

T. Roosevelt

Offline Cochise

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 04:12:52 PM »
Notice that the instructions are a dissassembly guide, so you'll be working backwards.

Building off of what is previously stated, take special care at step 3.  You'll notice a channel on the barrel and a slide guide on the rubber bucking.  Make sure the guide stays in the groove, or you'll have all sorts of issues later (experience :P ).

The little ring goes on the barrel behind the bucking and serves to act as a bearing for the aft part of the hop-up unit behind the clip shown in the inset of part 3.  It doesn't seem to be shown in the diagram.  The tiny rubber tube is the part next to the CS in step 2.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Cochise »
Hope is the first step down the road of disappointment.
Only the awkward question; only the foolish ask twice.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 04:17:12 PM »
Well my gun is even more fucked up now... I ordered a 6mm gearbox and I have a 7mm now so the bearings wont fit. Ive put a slit on accident in that rubber sleeve. O and did I mention my gun is a piece of shit?

Offline LeftForDead

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
hop up bucking
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 07:48:37 PM »
Prometheus hard hop up bucking is a good choice.

Insert the small piece of rubber back into the hop up (horizontal) using a tooth pick with a little bit of silicon at the tip so it sticks, and press it down into the hole. Be sure your hop is turned all the way down or that small piece of rubber may pop back out.

Coat the hop up bucking with a little bit of silicon spray and insert into the hop up. If you put the hop up bucking (soft rubber type) on the barrel first, it may bunch in the hop up or slide up the barrel. It can be done with some skill however.

Place the ring on the barrel and slide the barrel into the hop up. The ring should slide all the way into the hop up, up to the bucking. Depending on the make of your tight bore, the ring may not be necessary, ei, (it may not even fit onto the barrel because of the larger circumfrence.

PS, I didn't use spell check.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by LeftForDead »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 08:14:45 PM »
Yeah thanks LFD, the ring doesnt fit because the inner is too big and the metal ring wont go unless pushed very hard.

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 10:45:48 PM »
Only word of advice is if its an Ak dont do it!!! I put one in mine big mistake. Made the accuracy worse, and someitimes shoots two bb's at once, and there is no consistancy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline RickEJ6

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 10:53:44 PM »
Sounds like something in the hop up isnt right there man.  Id take her apart and check i mean...it cant hurt!

Rick
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RickEJ6 »
\"Do not hit if it can be avoided, but never hit softly.\"

T. Roosevelt

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 11:00:58 PM »
Quote from: "IcePlatinumSky"
Only word of advice is if its an Ak dont do it!!! I put one in mine big mistake. Made the accuracy worse, and someitimes shoots two bb's at once, and there is no consistancy.

my AK-B works fine. I have a tightbore, accuracy improved a bit, and i haven't had any jams, or anything of that sort.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 12:31:15 AM »
Well I will do it, but I want to buy the standard barrel off you!!! I forgot to mention it shoots to hot. Hot meaning a little over 400fps.

Offline Reaver

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://teamfe0.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 01:11:07 PM »
My biggest mistake with putting the bucking back on was forgetting to make sure the notch in it matches up with the slit cut in the barrel.  The hop up didn't work right until I reseated it.  :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Reaver »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 02:09:29 PM »
I put a small piece of toothpick wood into the hole of the tubular piece that presses on the bucking from above.  It made my hopup more responsive and consistent since it eliminated the compression of the tubular piece.

Also, be careful not to get too much silicon on the inside of the bucking (that will contact the BB), becuase if it's too slick, it won't put propper backspin on the BB.  I try not to use any silicon, but sometimes it's necessary.

I have a Systema Brass (they call it BS, heh) 6.04mm tightbore in my Hurricane metal one-piece hopup unit.  I installed the metal ring for a bit of extra rigidity, although it is not necessary, as LFD pointed out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 02:21:21 PM »
I did not install the barrel AEX did!!!

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 02:53:42 PM »
Ice, you saying you want to buy my stock inner barrel? If so, PM me with an offer.

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 03:08:58 PM »
Sorry busta I had you confused with Dust 2 dust who I was trying buy his. Boy am I a Moron, well it was a late night. But busta I may need another stock inner barrel anyway soon too so I will think about it.