Author Topic: I was LUCKY TODAY!!!!  (Read 2110 times)

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
I was LUCKY TODAY!!!!
« on: May 17, 2005, 09:47:35 PM »
To start off, everything seemed like a normal morning. I got up ate breakfast, and left for work; to clean some good OLD Pools!!! I was in the car enjoying myself listening to Switchfoot, and pulled into the gated development, and whent to my first pool. I first got out of the car, and then took the lach off the gate. I tryed to prop it open while I whent back to get my pole and other gear. However, just my Luck no large rock to prop it open with. So I had to let the gate slam in the breaze, to go back to the truck to get everything. I came back to the gate opened it, and there standing was a LARGE BOBCAT!!!!  :shock: Not much more then 10-15 feet in front of me HOLY CRAP!!!  :shock:  :shock: Luckly it did not seem that much interested in me, and did a slow trott away from me. I stood there for what seemed like a minute, and decided no continue to clean the pool since it was no longer in sight. Well I took several steps, and then heard SHuffle SHUFFle sHUffle beside me in a large bunch of vines that had fell off the wall makeing a large dome. Well out came TWO BOBCAT KITTENS five feet from me!!! Whell that was it... I got the hell out of there. I am not becomeing bait for cleaning someones pool, because momma CAT is going to slash my @$$ for being next to her Babies!!!

I left much quicker, and reported it to security. Ofcourse they can only call animal control, and animal control's idea is to just let them stay intill they packup and leave.  What is scary is the fact that usualy I just walkin with all my things. I would have been no more than a foot away, from all the follage they are living under; and may have verywell jumped my unsuspecting butt just for being to close!!! :shock:

They better be gone next week because I am not cleaning the pool!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Raven1

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 09:49:16 PM »
MMMMMMMMMMM Nothin like fresh wild kitty in da mornin!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raven1 »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 11:21:08 PM »
Holy sh1t!

Glad to hear you made it out in one piece, bro!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline TheCelticOne

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 11:34:43 PM »
I used to clean pools, and some guy's pit bull attacked me once...I was able to fend it off with the pool stick and get back out, but man, a bobcat...I'd never clean that pool again...

holy crap, man.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TheCelticOne »
It is said that on the eve of battle, Dienekes was told that the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fired their volleys, the mass of arrows blocked out the sun.  \"Good,\" Dienekes laughed, \"then we\'ll have our battle in the shade.\"

Offline Victor3

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 11:39:22 PM »
Quote from: "Raven1"
MMMMMMMMMMM Nothin like fresh wild kitty in da mornin!!

Ummmm....Not the kind of fresh, wild kitty I want to play with in the morning!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Victor3 »
"Victor3"
Airsoft AZ
Eat Hot Lead...uh...I mean Plastic!!

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 11:56:51 PM »
Aww.. Kittie, kittie, kittie!

Bobcats kick ass, but not when they're that close to you.. they look just fine in pictures.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 12:00:14 AM »
Well, in the case that he did attack, you could have easily killed it(in the same manner that you would kill a dog). You might have taken some injuries, but you would be good to go(and you'd have some bobcat kittens for the house).

Glad to see you are okay though, we can't have an airsofter going down for something stupid like that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline yellowmonkey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ratemykitten.com
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 01:46:06 AM »
I have come across bobcats in the wild. I saw them watching me off the side of a hill. I kind of followed them around for a while. They seemed pretty docile, but then again, the few I saw had no kittens with them.

At least you didn't have the clever idea of petting the bobcat kittens or something.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by yellowmonkey »
It\'s time to kick *** and chew bubblegum, and I\'m all outa\' bubblegum. -Duke Nukem

Let\'s just be friends. -My Ex-girlfriend

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 07:56:59 AM »
The exact same thing almost happened to me!  I was sitting out in the desert minding my own business practicing with a predator call, and this crazy bobcat walks in and is sitting out at like 200yrds waiting to pounce on me, I yell "Look out Ned its coming right for us" and nailed it before it could get us.  Lucky for me I had my rifle sitting right in front of me!!

*Note* I wasn't actually hunting with somebody named Ned.

Check out the cool green eyes on him.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline delta_echo

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 08:16:46 AM »
Dang, Andy, you kill anything that moves don't you :D ? Nice looking cat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by delta_echo »

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 08:20:26 AM »
Quote from: "delta_echo"
Dang, Andy, you kill anything that moves don't you :D ? Nice looking cat.

I think its wrong to shoot certain animals, and not others because they are 'cute'.

"The cuter the critter, the sweeter the meat'  Ted Nugent
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Raven1

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 08:39:36 AM »
MMMMMMMMMM  Sweet meat!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raven1 »

Offline MicrowvbleTurtle

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 04:55:06 PM »
Damn, why can't I score a nice piece of game like that?

Apparently I'm using the wrong camo...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MicrowvbleTurtle »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 06:31:16 PM »
Quote from: "andyhinds"
The exact same thing almost happened to me!  I was sitting out in the desert minding my own business practicing with a predator call, and this crazy bobcat walks in and is sitting out at like 200yrds waiting to pounce on me, I yell "Look out Ned its coming right for us" and nailed it before it could get us.  Lucky for me I had my rifle sitting right in front of me!!

200 yards?  Damn, he almost HAD you! :lol:

Ian, I hope you are joking about killing it.  I know for a fact that you would get your face eaten off if you tried to "kill" a bobcat, or even a pit bull.   :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline 1trooper, manyweapons

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftcoalition.com
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 09:41:54 PM »
lol, good that your alive.
ive had 2 bobcats in my backyard, chilling infront of the sliding glass window,under the porch, inches away on the other side of the glass.  And the other was under the rv.about 30ft from the house with a 5ft walled inyard.  these bobcats go fishin for coy, and little dogs and other things, so the neighbor stuns the beasts or shoots them. hell it was caught sleeping inside a dog house. nice ass pics of the critters.

*damn forest fire.!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by 1trooper, manyweapons »
armory-2 m60s,2 m733s,G36c,Infinity handgun,3 G3SG1s,shotgun,p90
formally owned 2 mp5s, Ak47,p90tr. total weapons= 9... total at one time 17different guns.
BTW whats the need for mags, grab, use, dump the gun, then use another. Iam a walking armory.