Author Topic: Airsoft in the press! But it's good news!  (Read 4417 times)

Offline pythonline

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2005, 07:57:18 AM »
good word choice there Skokauckas :-p
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by pythonline »
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Sad....but True...
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005, 10:12:41 AM »
Quote from: "Skokauckas"
You know...I would have to agree that yes!  It would be great to see a news report like this on our T.V. sets.   But I would not loose sleep over it.  Hell would freeze over long before our beloved "Main Stream Media"  ever did a report on Airsoft and showed the sports true colors.  Why?  Because of all the Fu*king Left Wing mini-van drivers out there!  If a positive news report covering Airsoft was ran on the ten-o-clock news....every Left Wing sissy would piss in there pants.  They would say..."We are engaging in a activity in such a manner that suggests violence glorifacation and could harm our childeren."  Well....I have two words for the dipsh*t who throught that up........FU#K YOU!

But this is just my humble opinion...take it anyway you choose...

I love it!!  :lol:

[smilie=armata_pdt_37.gif]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by cmptrdewd »

We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!
--John Adams and John Hancock [April 18, 1775]  \"These things we do, so that others may live!\" --Airforce Motto

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005, 05:50:58 PM »
Quote from: "Skokauckas"
You know...I would have to agree that yes!  It would be great to see a news report like this on our T.V. sets.   But I would not loose sleep over it.  Hell would freeze over long before our beloved "Main Stream Media"  ever did a report on Airsoft and showed the sports true colors.  Why?  Because of all the Fu*king Left Wing mini-van drivers out there!  If a positive news report covering Airsoft was ran on the ten-o-clock news....every Left Wing sissy would piss in there pants.  They would say..."We are engaging in a activity in such a manner that suggests violence glorifacation and could harm our childeren."  Well....I have two words for the dipsh*t who throught that up........FU#K YOU!

But this is just my humble opinion...take it anyway you choose...

There have been several news stories in the Media that portray Airsoft as a Hobby in a positive manner.

The negative coverage discusses the weapons used, not the hobby in which we partake.

So relax, Sko.  It's just like the war in Iraq - there is alot of good coverage out there that doesn't get as much attention as the bad.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 07:00:30 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
So relax, Sko.  It's just like the war in Iraq - there is alot of good coverage out there that doesn't get as much attention as the bad.

Oh for good grief, don't compare our game with the war in Iraq!  That's almost worse than shooting six year olds with BBs.

Lead
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leadmagnet »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 07:02:34 PM »
:roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 09:46:16 PM »
Quote from: "leadmagnet"
Quote from: "azsarge"

Oh for good grief, don't compare our game with the war in Iraq!  That's almost worse than shooting six year olds with BBs.

Lead

Bad analogy, yes.

My point was that there is good news as well, it's just not as easy to find as the bad news.  This goes for any topic.  

Let's not digress too much here, though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline bohica6

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2005, 11:46:54 AM »
You guys seem to have your stuff wired tight out there, have you considered trying to get a local paper to run an atricle on your teams or events.  Frankly, I like airsoft staying low key, it helps keeps the sport healthy by not haveing a bunch of wankers involved.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by bohica6 »
Not Guilty, Your Honor!!!!