Author Topic: Senate Bitch Slaps ACLU  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Reaver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://teamfe0.tripod.com
Senate Bitch Slaps ACLU
« on: July 28, 2005, 12:41:13 PM »
This was too good, I just had to share.   :twisted:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163905,00.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Reaver »

Offline Bucket

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 12:55:31 PM »
It's about time!

EDIT
Although I don't disagree with everything they do, taking on the Boy Scouts is just UN-American.

[smilie=armata_pdt_11.gif]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bucket »

Offline Reaver

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 01:25:17 PM »
Quote from: "Bucket"
It's about time!

EDIT
Although I don't disagree with everything they do, taking on the Boy Scouts is just UN-American.

[smilie=armata_pdt_11.gif]

I totally fraggin agree.  I'll almost not real fond of their, "We don't hate religion, we just hate Christianity" stance.  For the record, I'm not Christian, but the Constitution specifically say's "Freedom OF religion," not "Freedom FROM religion."  ;)

Offline Preacherman

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://p202.ezboard.com/btheadministorum
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 04:07:53 PM »
Ban the Boy Scouts?!? What will they think up next? Wait, dont answer that...the answer would probably be too scary.  I am glad though to see that the Senate is smart enough to see through all that crap.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Preacherman »
Father...into your hands I commend my spirit

Offline Lightning_Man

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 05:53:27 PM »
For what it's worth, I agree that private groups should be allowed to use public facilities. We all payed for those facilities we chould all have the right to rent them, or whatever.

That said, that was just about the worst most bogus bit of "news" I have seen in a long time. Part of why we have so many troubles is that the media has stopped doing it's job. That started out nice with almost a paragraph of "reporting" and then was nothing but inflamatory crap for the rest of the page. Mr. Oreilly cleary failed lagic, if he even took it. "That means even the most liberal senators in the country oppose the ACLU" Nope, logically doesn't hold up.

Here is a word to the wise, when you see phrases like "Now clear-thinking people know ", and "It's obvious " you are about to read crap.

Then he goes on to "tut tut" at Molly Ivins for using that "sludge for brains" comment when just a few paragraphs before he described the ACLU as having "gone mental" and as having launched a "Jihad"t the boy scouts.

If you want news, watch John Stewart.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lightning_Man »

It is what we do,
when we believe we can do no more\' that makes us who we are.

Offline pythonline

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 09:25:51 PM »
Don't mind Lightning, Living in tempe (Liberal bastion of AZ) has affected him.

All I have to say is whaa-bam! Go Senate!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by pythonline »
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 11:13:32 PM »
Ok, so the senate will allow the scouts to hold events on military installations - hardly a "bitch slap".

And I don't see how the ACLU was trying to "ban the scouts."  They just didn't want them using military property.  

This goes along with what LM said, and reminds me of the issue of federal ranges being used by civilians.  Taxpayers paid for them, so I don't see why they shoudn't be allowed to use them.  If the ACLU wasn't considered an extremeist organization, they'd be allowed to rent out the local AF base gym, too! :P

Another great example of why it pays to NOT be weird (or a part of an extremeist group). :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Lightning_Man

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 12:37:51 PM »
Quote from: "pythonline"
Don't mind Lightning, Living in tempe (Liberal bastion of AZ) has affected him.

All I have to say is whaa-bam! Go Senate!

Thanks for helping me make my point. In a very O'reillyesq way, instead of addressing the points I lay out you label me a liberal based (laughably) on my living in Tempe? I guess living in Tempe outweighs being a registered republican, 16 years of NRA membership, gun ownership and and my time in Army SpecOps?

I happen to agree with AZSarge, bases and public land belong to the public, why shouldn't they be allowed to use them. That said that article takes one fact (The vote) and tags on about 8-9 assumptions and conclusions based on it. Notice I said ASSumptions, we all know the saying right?

News is news and that was not, do you know what it's called when you take one bit of solid information and add a bunch of crap to it like that? There are a few terms, the most polite is ligical fallicy but a better term is propaganda. Trust me I know, I have been through the best propaganda school in the country and maybe the world.

Once in a while it's good to question what you are being fed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lightning_Man »

It is what we do,
when we believe we can do no more\' that makes us who we are.

Offline Reaver

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 01:02:43 PM »
Well, I'd have to say that I agree with O'rilleys editorial (and I would consider it more of an editorial than news).  I believe ACLU's whole motivation was revenge for the Boy Scouts stance of gays.  Which means the ACLU was basically using our legal system as a weapon... which makes them no better than tyrants.  So, I view any defeat they receive to rank right up there with the toppling of Saddam.  :)

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 08:48:39 PM »
I say let the bigots (boy scouts) have access to the military bases.  Let em set up camp on a bombing range.

Lead
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leadmagnet »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 01:04:46 AM »
Quote from: "leadmagnet"
I say let the bigots (boy scouts) have access to the military bases.  Let em set up camp on a bombing range.

Lead

So you hate our president and the BSA.  Do you like firearms, women, baseball, and apple pie?

Just trying to make sure you're in the right place here, gunslinger.

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2005, 03:03:49 AM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
Quote from: "leadmagnet"

Lead

So you hate our president and the BSA.  Do you like firearms, women, baseball, and apple pie?

Just trying to make sure you're in the right place here, gunslinger.

I wouldn't say I hate the BSA.  There are some good people involved with the organization.  I let both my kids be members.  One of the scout leaders was a good buddy cop friend of mine.  Unfortunately, he got killed at work and some clowns started taking over scouting leadership positions in town.  One of them (and his wife) wanted the scouts to participate in a fund raiser with the organization serving food to Hells Angels (Yes, actual HA) at the hotel they take over yearly in town for the Laughlin Biker Run.   It's bad enough that they tend to push their religious perspectives on the boys and vilify gay people but when these guys decided to lower themselves to associating the cub and boy scout organization with racketeers, I decide I had enough and pulled my kids out.

Odd that you would think that because I believe George Bush to be a traitor to my nation and party and because I dislike bigots that I would also not like women, baseball, firearms or apple pie.   But then I also find it odd that anyone who considers themselves to be a good conservative and supporter of the Constitutional principles would consider Bush to be an asset to our nation.  Dude, I've been a Republican since before you were squeezed out from yer mum's womb.

Lead

Offline Mugen

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2005, 07:14:09 AM »
"Dude, I've been a Republican since before you were squeezed out from yer mum's womb."

A comment like this makes any intellegent statement you make seem like crap....kinda like a very good meal, with a bowl of sh!t for desert....

MUGEN
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mugen »
It was once believed that Chuck Norris actually lost a fight to a
pirate, but that is a lie, created by Chuck Norris himself to lure more pirates to him. Pirates never were very smart.

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 11:07:54 AM »
Quote from: "Mugen"
"Dude, I've been a Republican since before you were squeezed out from yer mum's womb."

A comment like this makes any intellegent statement you make seem like crap....kinda like a very good meal, with a bowl of sh!t for desert....

MUGEN

Good grief, mug.  Where were you when I was talking about settin up cubbies on the bombing range?

Get a grip.  Besides, it was probably something more along the line of a pumping action.  And in Christian's case I bet his ass came out first!  (Heheh, just kidding there, scout).

Lead

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 12:13:11 PM »
Quote from: "Mugen"

MUGEN

I thought it was kind of funny.

Lead, I was just razzin' ya! 8)