Author Topic: SIG 552 Navy Seals v. M4/M16  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
SIG 552 Navy Seals v. M4/M16
« on: August 02, 2005, 11:13:14 AM »
I am looking for some comments to help me decide between buying the TM SIG 552 (Seals edition) or some version of an M4/M16. I would be upgrading whichever one to shoot about 380-390 fps to keep it legal.

Thanks  in advance for the suggestions !

Doc
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline chainsaw

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 11:16:12 AM »
m4/16  because, Upgrades more ready, mags easier to find. Accesories more availble.

Just my .02 cents though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by chainsaw »

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 11:21:31 AM »
Try this, you shouldn't have to do any upgrading...

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.ph ... tom%20AEGs

Or this, maybe a little upgrading, but both of these have been pre-built/upgraded. I've shot this one, and it's awesome!

Or here's a big list of them. All of them shoot close to a minimum of 350fps.

Ethan (Chochise116) has the Marine M4 and, like I said, it's awesome! Solidly built (very solid!) and shoots strait and far. Can't go wrong with this batch.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline seph6885

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 12:14:42 PM »
i think you should get the sig. yes they are tough to work on, but its a very reliable gun, i've used it a lot. its compact as well. there are just too many m4/m16 variants out there. you should get the sig to be different.

-shaun
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by seph6885 »

after throwing a man through a window..
newsreporter: \"is there anything you regret about what you did?\"
charles: \"yea, i regret we weren\'t on a higher floor\"

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 12:45:31 PM »
Just use what works for you. Don't worry about what might look cool. I have an M4 because I like the M4, not cause someone told me to buy one. The sig is good to go, but if you want guns that are built already upgraded, take a look at what WGC has to offer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline War savage

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 03:16:44 PM »
Quote from: "seph6885"
i think you should get the sig. yes they are tough to work on, but its a very reliable gun, i've used it a lot. its compact as well. there are just too many m4/m16 variants out there. you should get the sig to be different.

-shaun

If this is going to be your primary weapon for most games, I would go with the one that is easier to work on. I don't care how many people say they've had no problems with their guns. Every case is different. Especially being somewhat new to airsoft. It will help you get more familiar with upgrading, cleaning and general maintenance. Then go for the "cool factor" when you're ready. It sucks to try and look cool and not know what the hell is going on with your gun when it breaks down.

I have an ICS m4. I can break down the gearbox, swap out gears and put it all back together in less than 25 minutes. Change out my entire top gear box and inner barrel in less than 5 minutes. Easy stuff! But hey, if you want to be cool and not know crap about your gun or not be able to fix it between games, so be it. Just think practical!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by War savage »

Offline Dust2Dust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • The SPHL
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 03:58:54 PM »
I'd go with an ICS M4 as well.  But since you're getting the systema M4 for x-mas, whatever you want man.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Dust2Dust »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 04:35:28 PM »
I would have to say the SIG. It has a more durable gear box, and feeds great. Problem is they are harder to upgrade. Places like AEX charge $20 more to crack open that gearbox.  You wont have any problems with it like the m16 varents. Get what you like. Just that buy enough mags when you get the chance.  There wont be anyone to toss you an extra in a fire fight. It has alot of plastic but you can upgrade the body now. But it cost $$$, and the body even though its plastic is durable. Its very light weight, and compact. Once upgraded you will have to get a bigger battery. Which will be harder to install, and may  require removing of some plasic parts in the foregrip.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline seph6885

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 05:23:14 PM »
Quote from: "War savage"
Quote from: "seph6885"

-shaun

If this is going to be your primary weapon for most games, I would go with the one that is easier to work on. I don't care how many people say they've had no problems with their guns. Every case is different. Especially being somewhat new to airsoft. It will help you get more familiar with upgrading, cleaning and general maintenance. Then go for the "cool factor" when you're ready. It sucks to try and look cool and not know what the hell is going on with your gun when it breaks down.

I have an ICS m4. I can break down the gearbox, swap out gears and put it all back together in less than 25 minutes. Change out my entire top gear box and inner barrel in less than 5 minutes. Easy stuff! But hey, if you want to be cool and not know crap about your gun or not be able to fix it between games, so be it. Just think practical!

oh yea, i wasnt bashing on m4s or anything. yea they are much easier to work on. i was just saying if he wanted something different in the sig that it is a good gun to go with.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by seph6885 »

after throwing a man through a window..
newsreporter: \"is there anything you regret about what you did?\"
charles: \"yea, i regret we weren\'t on a higher floor\"

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 11:48:28 PM »
Disregarding the fact that the 550 series is a kickass firearm, I'd go with an M16 variant for airsoft.

Think logistically.  Gear is easier to find for M16 mags.  Accessories are cheaper, easier to find.  You can share mags with team mates/buddies.  The Sig is ugly as sin.

Buy a custom AEG if you can afford it.  It will save time, money, and heartache in the longrun!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Reaver

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://teamfe0.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 05:31:36 AM »
I have a Sig 550 and I absolutely love it.  However, if you are going to buy one, you might want to have it upgraded from the place you buy it from.  Sig gearboxes are a PAIN to work on.  So if you plan on doing it yourself, download the parts explosion diagrams before you do.  It'll save you a lot of heartache.  :)

Oh, and I'd highly recommend getting an AN/PEQ battery box for it if you get a 120 spring upgrade.  Otherwise a little 8.4V battery will die quickly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Reaver »

Offline Falcon_Phx

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Primary weapon
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 06:21:34 PM »
I am planning on a M4A1 or a Version of the M16 simply because of my Army Training and background, it is a weapon I am totally familiar with and comfortable I know and remember my limitations with it and that is a major factor, and I know my way around her Internally(yes I know this is an airsoft we are talking about and there will be some differnces),  These are issues you should always consider when choosing your primary weapon, not what will look cool, not what will turn some heads adn make me stand out, cuz I know from experiance, standing out, makes you a TARGET,

Nuff said from my soap box

Falcon
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Falcon_Phx »
"Take what You Can, And Give Nothing Back"

Offline Chambers03

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 06:06:30 PM »
Get an M-4 there good guns and easy to maintain.

Chambers03
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Chambers03 »
Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005, 07:24:37 PM »
Old post... I got the ICS/Airsoft Elite M4 Tactical Carbine..... worked great at Irene...  and I ended up reloading a lot of guys on Sunday in that firefight over the crash site so I'm glad I had compatible mags...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline Ranger_Robby

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 09:25:07 PM »
I've owned atleast 5  M16 series AEG's and I will always have atleast one at any given time... but sometimes different is better. i've owned everything from mp5s to AK's too and each one had something great about them. it all comes down to preference.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ranger_Robby »
Quote from: \"Vince\"
ALRIGHT GIRLS YOU\'RE BOTH PRETTY

NOW SHUT THE **** UP