Author Topic: whats Your Call Sign Mean  (Read 8687 times)

Offline DeadEye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/IRHSCamoCrew
(No subject)
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2005, 12:12:54 AM »
Hehe, I'm a little late explaining myself here, but here's the story:

So we're done airsofting for the day and we're at Poopboy's house putting our gear away. We brought a new kid along to show him the ropes. Unfortunately, we forgot to tell him the golden rule about firearms. So, thinking the safety prevents all accidents from occuring, he begins playing with a Mac (320fps gas, and still loaded).
"Wow man, I wish I knew as much about guns as you do," the kid said.
I was going to answer, but I was interrupted via a shot straight into my right eye. I screamed and fell on my ass, clutching my eye. Poopboy calming comes into the room thinking we're joking around, but he sees the blood trickling through my fingers, me shouting "I CANT SEE, I CANT SEE" and I'm rushed to the hospital.
They juice me up with all kinds of narcotics and painkillers, but tell me my eye is bleeding internally. The next day, they pull it out with tweezers. I'm on four different medications for a month, then the bleeding stops. During this time, the vision I had was a dark yellow and very sensitive to light.

Six months after I was shot, my vision returned to normal, but the name DeadEye had stuck and sounded cool.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by DeadEye »
-- DeadEye, Camo Crew Airsoft Team
    My tunnel vision measures 7.62x39... I don\'t think *I\'M* the one that should be worried about that.

Offline sNiPeRWoLf88

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftcoalition.com
(No subject)
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2005, 12:55:31 AM »
Quote from: "DeadEye"

So we're done airsofting for the day and we're at Poopboy's house putting our gear away. We brought a new kid along to show him the ropes. Unfortunately, we forgot to tell him the golden rule about firearms. So, thinking the safety prevents all accidents from occuring, he begins playing with a Mac (320fps gas, and still loaded).
I was going to answer, but I was interrupted via a shot straight into my right eye. I screamed and fell on my ass, clutching my eye. Poopboy calming comes into the room thinking we're joking around, but he sees the blood trickling through my fingers, me shouting "I CANT SEE, I CANT SEE" and I'm rushed to the hospital.
They juice me up with all kinds of narcotics and painkillers, but tell me my eye is bleeding internally. The next day, they pull it out with tweezers. I'm on four different medications for a month, then the bleeding stops. During this time, the vision I had was a dark yellow and very sensitive to light.

Six months after I was shot, my vision returned to normal, but the name DeadEye had stuck and sounded cool.

I think YOU win.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by sNiPeRWoLf88 »
If you never assume importance, you never lose it.

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2005, 10:18:22 AM »

WHAT!??! :shock: I never heard of that happening before! I bet the kid felt really bad.  :(  Good thing your OK! [smilie=armata_pdt_34.gif]

I think YOU win.

Yup, your right!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by cmptrdewd »

We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!
--John Adams and John Hancock [April 18, 1775]  \"These things we do, so that others may live!\" --Airforce Motto

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2005, 10:33:36 AM »

proper weapon safety on your part could have prevented this...Whenever someone is at my house, I make it a point to say "touch my guns and ill chop your finger off. ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline Cheeze_IZ_G00d

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2005, 07:44:37 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"

proper weapon safety on your part could have prevented this...Whenever someone is at my house, I make it a point to say "touch my guns and ill chop your finger off. ;)

I tend to disagree. The kid wanted to pick up the gun and screw with it, no amount of telling him not to would have stopped him. Just thank god that your eyesight is normal, and a big  [smilie=armata_pdt_34.gif] for sticking with airsoft after what I am sure was a HORRIFYING experience.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Cheeze_IZ_G00d »
Visit my website -
http://www.iwantafreedollarnow.com!!!

Get great ringtones here!

Offline Cheeze_IZ_G00d

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2005, 07:45:37 PM »
Oh, DeadEye, was the bb lodged in your eye?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Cheeze_IZ_G00d »
Visit my website -
http://www.iwantafreedollarnow.com!!!

Get great ringtones here!

Offline TheCrow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2005, 07:56:55 AM »
My callsign came from "The Crow" movie poster I have on the wall next to my computer.  When I first got into airsoft, back when AirsoftZone was still around (before AA was even formed), I needed a screen name for the Zone website.  I was still very new to the internet and had not thought much about it, so I looked around the room to give me ideas.  

And yes, I still have the movie poster and it is still on a wall next to my computer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TheCrow »

Team ORION Squad Leader

Offline bohica6

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2005, 11:13:59 AM »
Well, I hope not to offend anyone with my story but here it is.
 Bohica - Bend Over Here It Comes Again. 6 - commander.
  It became my callsign by accident.  After returning to North Carolina in 01, I grabbed a few guys in my unit to head to an Airsoft game "OP. Island Storm" being host by CRASH "Carolina Regional Airsoft Hobbiest."  I had been in to Airsoft for 3 years before in Japan but didn't realize that people in the states had cool nicknames. So when we showed up to the game all these people were like "Hi I am Silverbear, or I'm DeathStalker" and so on.  I was like HI I'm Tony.  After talking and BSing for hours one of the guys was like, ohhh your Bohica6.  My login for the website...  by that point it was to late, and I became known as Bohica6 also bohica06 on the sites that I have had to create another account because I forgot my pswds.  I had no idea that logins were considered c/s in the airsoft community other wise I would have picked some like....hmm Tony
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by bohica6 »
Not Guilty, Your Honor!!!!

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2005, 11:22:05 AM »

*long whistle* Wow...that pretty crazy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline RangerBob

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/c48/rikki185/?sc=4
And here it is
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2005, 10:19:50 PM »
I got my name "Ranger Bob" from while I was in the Army.
No, I'm not a ranger.  I had at one point been working myself up for it.
A buddy of mine had an SFAS (Special Forces Assessment and Selection) date and was prepping for it, I was in good shape and figured doing some extra ruck marches running and what not would be good for me anyway.
So I was helping him out when "it" hit me..."it" being something that I think nearly every service member at least almost feels at one point in their time.  The urge be better than the rest and have a little patch to prove it.
So, the paperwork was all ready to go, branch was assisting me and all...
Then my motivation got shattered and I didnt put in for it, and didnt go...
During the whole spin-up for it though, a buddy of mine had taken to shortening my name from Robert to Bob and slapping the "ranger" tag on the front.
I figure it works, I have the ability to be in great shape(no excuses, I just put on weight in the past year : ) and can act stupid enough to be a ranger (Not an insult to them, but if you've known any you know some retarded stuff they'll do to hold off boredom)

So there it is, Ranger Bob.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RangerBob »
A team kill is still a kill.....

Offline aceriker

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2005, 11:53:57 PM »
Ace Riker was an action figure from the 80's toyline M.A.S.K.

They was my favorite toys grwoing up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by aceriker »
Never, Never, Never Give Up

--Winston Churchill

Offline Ludo.Kressh

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2005, 04:23:50 PM »
Quote from: "Surplus man"
surplus man: i give any of my friends that need combat clothing,  boots, gear, bdus etc. i have alot of it, hence surplus.

Got any surplus available?  :D

My name is a Sith from the Knights of the Old Republic series.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ludo.Kressh »
If you run from a sniper you will just die tired.

Offline KOBO

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2005, 11:31:36 PM »
KOBO is just my last name shortened. When I use to play football in high school the guys just took my last name Koberna and called me Kobo. Ever since then I just used it when I needed to come up with something on the fly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KOBO »