Author Topic: Public Irene Summary  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Public Irene Summary
« on: September 25, 2005, 09:50:41 PM »
Irene Guys- Share whatever you thought was interesting:

Well... Charlie won because we (D Co) totally blew the first game on saturday and could never catch up the 1000+ points we were behind. I believe it was Charlie's comm's that won them the game. We really messed ours up.

The weather on the first day sucked (very hot and very humid). We were all  dripping sweat after that. It was cloudy, with a bit of rain today, which felt really nice.

The Zussman MOUT facility is freakin incredible. It's like a great MOUT training town combined with Universal Studios special effects. Exploding RPGs, burning buildings, tunnels, professional army role-players for civilians, blown out walls, lots of props, etc, etc, etc.

There were a large number (I heard as high as 30) of heat casualties the first day- mostly the out of shape guys with 70 lbs of gear on that didn't drink anything but beer... There were no truely serious injuries, which kinda surprised me.

Christian (as well as David, Vince, and I, to a lesser extent) got owned by a local KY store owner. It's a long story. :lol:

We got to use 2 M113's. [smilie=armata_pdt_42.gif]

Vince shot a little girl in the face and made her cry.  :shock:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Greg »
-Greg of Christian\'s Team

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 09:58:26 PM »
I rode in the car, where Dave broke my gun in half. :(

Had a great time, thanks for everyone with putting up with me, especially Mikey and Matt, you guys were great leaders.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 10:38:03 PM »
The weekend was beyond incredible. You Delta guys fought hard and made us work for every point. Like Col. said, it was more about having fun and I think we all had fun.

There are some pics up already from the combat photographer on the OP Irene forum.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline Greg

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 10:53:05 PM »
Good game, Doc. You gonna join us for the next op, though?  ;)

edit: I'd like to re-emphasize that Vince shot a little girl in the face. She was like 6. He thought she was Charlie.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Greg »
-Greg of Christian\'s Team

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 06:45:14 AM »
Quote from: "USMC-Greg"
edit: I'd like to re-emphasize that Vince shot a little girl in the face. She was like 6. He thought she was Charlie.

Funniest post in a while, I can picture Vince standing there while she's crying and asking her "so what do you think of my new MC BDU pants, pretty bad as$ diggity huh?"

:lol:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 08:00:03 AM by andyhinds »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 07:15:54 AM »
...in the FACE

Christian, myself, and USArmy Cpt. Tucker.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline woody

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Vince
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 10:00:53 AM »
Quote from: "USMC-Greg"
Good game, Doc. You gonna join us for the next op, though?  ;)

Hmmm.... how does a six year old little girl look like a combatant in BDU's? That's pretty bad; we should all be ashamed.
I talked to Lee Anne, the manager during the auction and she thought we were great guests, said we were 'quiet'. She said we were quiet compared to the usual group of 800 Marines who show up. Suppose we are compared to that. Anyway, seemed like if we want to come back she would be OK with it.
But a six year old ...... man, that sucks. Did anyone make apologies?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by woody »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 10:04:49 AM »
Woody, I ended up mentioning it, nobody was too upset, her mom was more worried about me because I was pretty dismayed about it. I talked to her during the raffle. It wasn't that I shot her, more like, she ran through my field of fire. I mean, I know how dumb that sounds, but, I didn't think she was an enemy, I mean, I knew she wasn't. I was in the same position as I am in that picture above, except shooting around the corner, and she darted through on the opposite corner. Nothing I coulda done, she ran right around that blind corner and just like, ran through where I was firing in full auto. Was pretty lame.

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 11:08:04 AM »
I heard the story. You owned, her VINCE!

Sounds like a bad mistake, but just that.. a mistake.

But, it would make for a good 'owned' picture.. Her standing there, grabbing her cheek with Vince, running away with the 'oh shit, oooh shit' face on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 11:50:45 AM »
Why was a 6yr old on the field anyways?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 11:57:23 AM »
Civilian role.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline woody

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Girl
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 12:03:28 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"
Woody, I ended up mentioning it, nobody was too upset, her mom was more worried about me because I was pretty dismayed about it. I talked to her during the raffle. It wasn't that I shot her, more like, she ran through my field of fire. I mean, I know how dumb that sounds, but, I didn't think she was an enemy, I mean, I knew she wasn't. I was in the same position as I am in that picture above, except shooting around the corner, and she darted through on the opposite corner. Nothing I coulda done, she ran right around that blind corner and just like, ran through where I was firing in full auto. Was pretty lame.

Did it leave any marks on her?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by woody »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 12:51:35 PM »
Lil welt, no blood. Only got hit once, my AK is stock.

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 02:17:02 PM »
That's why I don't airsoft anymore...players like Vince totally owning little girls, on and off of the field, and then gloating over them like he did.  I've got a little girl myself and the thought of Vince shooting her in face makes my trigger finger real itchy....sometimes, I just don't get it.

Did she look like this Vince?  Huh? Did she!!!!?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 03:02:26 PM »
Alright, Benn. I've never met you, but up until now you seemed really level headed.

You weren't there, nor do you know what happened, except for what got posted. The girl's parents said she was OK and not mad, and they themselves weren't mad either. I apologized as profusely as I know how, and everyone walked away with no bad feelings. I wasn't gloating, but more dryly restating what Greg had already posted.

I felt bad about it and still do, and if the person that it actually happened to isn't mad about it, why are you?

Please stay in your lane when it comes to things you have no first hand knowledge of. I respect you as a poster and have heard nothing but good things about you, but please mind your own business in this regard.

If you want to give me a further hard time, please do it in a private message. I only did not PM you this so that others may ready what I've said here.

It wasn't intentional, and I regret it. I do not feel as if I am above reproach, but I felt as though I acted honorably in trying to deal with the situation.

Make of this what you will.