Author Topic: AAR: 10DEC05  (Read 4437 times)

Offline azsarge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2005, 01:45:37 AM »
Quote from: "Doc Hollywood"
All in all, it was some pretty close Army s*** - late start, bad comm, cold, hard terrain, outnumberd by the enemy...  made me miss the good old days just a little....

Quote from: "MudPuppy"
It ended up being pretty close to the training and actual deplyomnet expieriences I had in the military. Bad comms, confusion, and difficult terrain is about as "milsim" as you can get

That pretty much sums it up, guys.  Thanks.

8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2005, 01:48:37 AM »
The late start was inevitable for an airsoft game.

The hard terrain was just part of the AO, although I picked it for a reason.

The confusion and the fact we were outnumbered were done for a reason.:twisted:

I'm glad you all had fun.  

I'm working on something else already.

Offline warlock

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.warl0k.com
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2005, 02:02:41 AM »
Awesome. If I can, I'll make it to your next one. Sounds like you put on a hell of a game.

My Icom should fare well out there I think :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by warlock »
Team OPFOR
FPS Limits are restrictions, not goals!
Op Organizer
Lead, Follow, or get the **** outta my way!

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2005, 09:08:23 AM »
To clarify - I am not complaining, bitching, or crying about the late start, or anything else.  I love this shit!  Beats the hell out of being in court all day....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2005, 02:47:10 PM »
Quote from: "Doc Hollywood"
To clarify - I am not complaining, bitching, or crying about the late start, or anything else.  I love this s***!  Beats the hell out of being in court all day....

I know.

I don't really mind a bit of complaining, either.  THAT'S MilSim! :lol:

Offline Ranger_Robby

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2005, 01:09:53 PM »
I just wanted to say thanks to christian. great job on the game planning! can't wait for the next one. This one on of the best scenerios I've played. As for Chalk 1, I think we worked extremely well together. Great leadership and great teamwork. I especially liked the firefight the trailing fireteam had during the entire process of egress, very cool.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ranger_Robby »
Quote from: \"Vince\"
ALRIGHT GIRLS YOU\'RE BOTH PRETTY

NOW SHUT THE **** UP

Offline MudPuppy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://www.arcairsoft.com
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2005, 12:01:01 PM »
To be honest, I was suprised by some of the complaints....especially about the terrain. We play airsoft (or at least I do) for the realistic aspect of it, which includes fighting in less than optimal conditions. azsarge, doc, and our outher miltary and former military guys know what I'm talking about. If you want nice level playing arenas with no physically challenging obstacles or terrain , trade in your camo for a neon uniform and go play paintball.

Again, I pesonally loved this op and would like to see more of this in the future. It's the vision statement of the team/club that I am in the process of setting up. To run "realsim" missions to include "real steel" loadouts with the locap mags (just for the "team" other participants cna use what they want).

I realize that everyone has differing opinons on how we play, but if the OP statement has anything to do with "realistic", "realsim" "reenactment" or "based on actual events" people need to expect a difficult game as the real military can be a difficult place.

Remember, you have the right to play or not, so give the organizers some credit for at least putting forth the effort to create a game for YOUR enjoyment instead of knitpicking the game. No plan survives first contact, and what may have been great on paper will fall aprt as soon as 40 + (or 2+ for that matter) individuals engage in that plan. I give total props to Christian and Mikey for putting this on and it was one of THE BEST games I have been played in a very long time, so thanks again guys.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MudPuppy »