Author Topic: Weapon Photos Discussion  (Read 572646 times)

Offline Pryde

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Photos Discussion
« Reply #720 on: September 20, 2007, 06:14:19 AM »
Quote from: "TheStenGun"
The wood looks wonderful on the G3, very classy. Is it just converted real steel parts?

Yup, it's a real steel wood set...the work was actually really easy to do...did it all in under a day (filling a spot with JB Weld and waiting for it to cure took the most time)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Pryde »

Offline Creeping Death

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 20, 2007, 09:00:27 AM »
Quote from: "Brando"
Creeping Death its good to see another systema user on here. What rifles do you have?

the only PTW I have is a bone stock M4-A1 MAX with a M130 cylinder and 9.6v battery.
I also got the new mil-spec buttstock plate in yesterday with is a lot better than the standard one. they even made it matte colored to match the stock (original one is kinda shiny).
My only plans for it in the future are figuring out a cool sling to get for it... its got that lower front sling mount which rules out a lot of sweet 3-points (unless you get a Vickers foregrip mount) so I'm not sure what to do.
with my red M150 cyclinder it shoots so damn far I might get some kind of scope too (not that anyone will ever let me use that cylinder in a game).
I just saw the photo thread and your PTW is pretty sick.
is it a MAX or Gen III? lemme know too if you have any extra parts you wouldn't mind parting with.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Creeping Death »

Offline RockShoxTora

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 22, 2007, 02:43:39 PM »
AirsoftBen, I absolutly love the lower reciever!
By any chance, is that custom work or did you purchase it?

-Brian
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RockShoxTora »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 22, 2007, 02:51:17 PM »
It's the G&P Zombie Killer body.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline AirsoftBen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 22, 2007, 05:41:49 PM »
What Vince said. I was going to just replace the old metal body, but the G&P one wouldn't thread with the RIS I had, so I had to get a G&P free floating RIS, and that forced me to get a new Front site. Funny how $135 turns into $255 really quick.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by AirsoftBen »
OP Bull Dog 2 : Marines 1st Squad
OP Balkan Hammer : Rangers

Offline Cheeze_IZ_G00d

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 22, 2007, 08:48:34 PM »
Quote from: "Creeping Death"
Creeping Death its good to see another systema user on here. What rifles do you have?

the only PTW I have is a bone stock M4-A1 MAX with a M130 cylinder and 9.6v battery.
I also got the new mil-spec buttstock plate in yesterday with is a lot better than the standard one. they even made it matte colored to match the stock (original one is kinda shiny).
My only plans for it in the future are figuring out a cool sling to get for it... its got that lower front sling mount which rules out a lot of sweet 3-points (unless you get a Vickers foregrip mount) so I'm not sure what to do.
with my red M150 cyclinder it shoots so damn far I might get some kind of scope too (not that anyone will ever let me use that cylinder in a game).
is it a MAX or Gen III? lemme know too if you have any extra parts you wouldn't mind parting with.

Are the PTW's all they are cracked up to be? I have long considered liquidating my current arsenal to get one. However, the lack of local support, and difficulty and expense of parts and accessories have always deterred me. I know they shoot well, and perform well, but where would you have them serviced if they were to break down?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Cheeze_IZ_G00d »
Visit my website -
http://www.iwantafreedollarnow.com!!!

Get great ringtones here!

Offline Creeping Death

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 23, 2007, 02:55:40 PM »
Quote from: "Cheeze_IZ_G00d"
Quote from: "Creeping Death"

Are the PTW's all they are cracked up to be? I have long considered liquidating my current arsenal to get one. However, the lack of local support, and difficulty and expense of parts and accessories have always deterred me. I know they shoot well, and perform well, but where would you have them serviced if they were to break down?

they are all they're cracked up to be. the barrel, sights, switches, pins are all steel and the foregrip, pistol grip and stock is a fiber/plastic mix and is a lot harder than the plastic they use on AEG's. you can also switch from shooting 350fps to 550fps in 15 seconds by changing out the cylinders. mags are real M16 mag shells just gutted out and replaced with airsoft internals. they don't dry fire either and a switch inside them turns the motor off when the mag is empty, just like a real gun.
they're also extremely reliable and are basically "milspec" because they're designed to be training weapons for military and law enforcement. there really isn't much you need to buy for them except real steel accessories if you want them. get an extra cylinder and battery and change the o-rings in the cylinders every once in awhile and thats it.
not like a Marui or a CA that you're constantly tinkering with and wanting to get better internals, batteries, tightbore, motors, metal body kit etc.
repairs are handled through distributors and usually just get sent back to Systema Japan for serious repairs. small parts can be ordered through the same distributors. www.z-shot.com is a good source for parts.

Offline nosmo

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 23, 2007, 03:17:54 PM »
Cool gun Airsoft Ben, which squad are you in for BD2?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by nosmo »

Offline AirsoftBen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 23, 2007, 03:50:31 PM »
1st Squad Marines, was in 2nd but since there are other guys from Arizona in 1st Squad they let me move.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by AirsoftBen »
OP Bull Dog 2 : Marines 1st Squad
OP Balkan Hammer : Rangers

Offline nosmo

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 23, 2007, 03:51:57 PM »
Oh cool, nevermind, I'm in 1st rangers.

see ya there!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by nosmo »

Offline Brando

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 23, 2007, 04:14:56 PM »
I am very happy with my ptw.  I have owned lots of aegs and none have compared to the performance of the PTW. I like the changing of cylinders so I can change from shooting 350 with .20s to 375 with .25s in about 10 seconds. With an m4 length barrel and .20s it reaches out to people at 200 feet with ease.  There design of the batteries for the stock is similar to that of g&p. The battery is only in 2 parts with a thick metal rod holding it in place so all you do is drop it in and connect it. No wires to mess with.  Plus a distributor in Europe ran a ptw with an m150 and a 12v for over 200,000 bbs without a problem.  I don’t know of a normal aeg that has done that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Brando »
To many guns to fit in here

Offline Kilo11

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/Darklighterstheory
« Reply #731 on: September 23, 2007, 04:19:13 PM »
The only think that i dont like about the PTW is that it costs like 250.00 bucks for 5 mags for it, saying that just hurts let alone buying them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kilo11 »
Quote from: \"Pheonix 797\"

Anywho, good luck and remember Airsoft is about safety and integrity. If you make us look bad we hunt you  \":lol:\"

1st Squad, Marines, Allied Forces, Op Bulldog II

Offline Creeping Death

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 23, 2007, 05:01:50 PM »
Quote from: "Kilo11"
The only think that i dont like about the PTW is that it costs like 250.00 bucks for 5 mags for it, saying that just hurts let alone buying them.

its a box of 6 mags for $250.
or you can buy them seperately for $50 each.
besides actually buying the gun, mags are really the only other you'll ever have to buy for it unless you want different cylinders and batteries.

Offline chris

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 08, 2007, 10:59:50 PM »
...why pilz, why...

HEHE its always kool to see what you have new, nice gun. whats it weigh in at?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by chris »

\" Jon + ICS = WTF?!! \"
 Primary- CA M15a4 Secondary- CA G36C Backup- CA Mp5a4 Sidearm- KWA Glock 17

Offline Kilo11

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/Darklighterstheory
« Reply #734 on: October 09, 2007, 04:56:17 PM »
Pilz, Sweet SAW, whats the FPS Like with all of those goodies in it?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kilo11 »
Quote from: \"Pheonix 797\"

Anywho, good luck and remember Airsoft is about safety and integrity. If you make us look bad we hunt you  \":lol:\"

1st Squad, Marines, Allied Forces, Op Bulldog II